Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
Jeannie
Taking the slow route to 1000 posts
Can you swing by and pick me up?
Did the most amazing day just end, or is it just beginning?

postcards???

I am an elementary school teacher, and we are encouraged to send our new students a welcome note before school starts. I am usually in WDW in late August and have started a tradition of sending a postcard from there. I'm known as the Disney teacher at school, so the kids love it! I usually buy the 10 packs of postcards since they cost a bit less than purchasing individual ones.

This year, instead of heading to WDW, I'm doing B2B cruises on the Dream. My first thought was to mail cards from Castaway Cay, until I saw that they can take many, many weeks to be delivered! Is there a place for outgoing mail at the port so I could mail the cards between cruises?

Also, does anyone know if they sell 10 packs of postcards on the ship?

Thanks,
Jeannie
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
I am an elementary school teacher, and we are encouraged to send our new students a welcome note before school starts. I am usually in WDW in late August and have started a tradition of sending a postcard from there. I'm known as the Disney teacher at school, so the kids love it! I usually buy the 10 packs of postcards since they cost a bit less than purchasing individual ones.

This year, instead of heading to WDW, I'm doing B2B cruises on the Dream. My first thought was to mail cards from Castaway Cay, until I saw that they can take many, many weeks to be delivered! Is there a place for outgoing mail at the port so I could mail the cards between cruises?

Also, does anyone know if they sell 10 packs of postcards on the ship?

Thanks,
Jeannie
I don't know for sure about someplace at the port for outgoing mail. Are you flying in for the cruise? Maybe the airport would have a mailbox? I think mailing a postcard before you depart on the cruise as well as one at CC (first visit) would be a real lesson for the kids. They might get a kick out of how long it takes to get that one from CC.

On the other hand, it could be possible that your particular mailing from CC could have no delays and it may only take a week or two.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
Msmit002
Family Concierge

It's too bad you aren't on a 7-nighter on the Fantasy. You could have mailed them from St. Thomas (a US territory) and use standard US postage and it arrives timely. Mailing anything from the Bahamas utilizes Bahamian postage and arrives, "On Bahamian time", if you get my drift.

Why not just mail them from Cape Canaveral before you leave?
Msmit002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Awww too bad you didn't have the time to mail them from CC, that would be cool.

Im pretty sure there is a little PO in the airport.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

According to the website mailboxmap.com, there is a mailbox on Cruise Terminal Drive, it looks like it's partway between the DCL terminal and the RCCL terminal which is just down the street. I know they sell postcards on the cruise, I'm not sure about 10 packs, but you can certainly find postcards there, they weren't too expensive either, also, you might be able to ask at the gift shops if they have anything like that that you can use to send a postcard between cruises to your incoming students.

Good luck, I know my kiddos would love to get a postcard from DCL from their new teachers, they'd be talking about it for ages!
Old 08-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

A thought: if you wait to purchase the postcard on the ship and then want to mail it between the two cruises, you would have to leave the terminal to do so. If you leave the terminal, you will have to wait to reboard with the new cruisers on the second leg of your B2B.

Now, you could just mail the post card after the cruise. It would still get to you before the one from CC.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
Jeannie
Taking the slow route to 1000 posts
Can you swing by and pick me up?
Did the most amazing day just end, or is it just beginning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmit002 View Post

Why not just mail them from Cape Canaveral before you leave?
I don't have the postcards yet! Planning on buying them on the ship.
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: