Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Alternatives to fountain drinks on QS DP?

Two weeks of free DDP this Sept/Oct is going to ruin me

This is with regard to the resorts, mostly: At QS restaurants can you get bottled drinks (soda/water/chocolate milk) instead of a fountain drink? Being that you get the refillable mug, it would be nice to get a bottled drink instead to save for later or take to the parks.

Also, rather than start another thread, anyone know if the Pop Century milkshake can be used as the dessert choice of a QS credit? What about the drink option? Okay, so that's probably a stretch. Maybe it's better if the milkshakes don't count.

I supposed I could (and probably will) ask when I get there anyway, but my curiosity got the best of me.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

Yes, with your QS meal, you can get a drink. We always get a milk or an orange juice with our breakfast and use our mugs for coffee, hot choc or hot or iced tea. If we don't drink our QS drinks with our meal, I just bring them back to the room and put them in the fridge for later.

Not sure about the milkshake, I would ask - I would believe it would depend on the price of the item. My dad got this giant ice cream sandwich and it didn't count because it was huge and between 2 cookies but some desserts did count. I would think a milkshake would, but don't know for sure.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

I also don't know for sure if you can get a milkshake at POP for your dessert but my best, educated guess, is yes. Based on the fact that you can get one as a SC and on it's pricing it should be allowed. As PP mentioned though, ask at POP.

And yes, with the refillable mugs we always get bottled beverages when eating at food courts. Or milk. Many times we get juice for the morning.

Have wonderful trip! As you can see by my siggy, Sept/Oct is our favorite time to go to WDW.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #4
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: