Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

Smile My most embarrassing moment at Disney, share yours!!

Hello all, new to the boards and joined because of the podcast show.
Posted this on a different site but wanted to try this here....

Recently, I was married at the Walt Disney World resort and had a great time. We chose the Boardwalk and had a fantastic experience with the ceremony, cake cutting, and photography.

To be honest, most everything was great except for one moment that was very awkward.... The after-after moments of our wedding... allow me to explain.

Staying at the AKL, we were transported back via limo to our honeymoon room where we were going to change, and also "change" into our evening attire for the dinner that we had arranged for our wedding guests. Being the groom, and not in the wedding gown being swooned over by other guests, decided to double check the room and make sure it was all good before my bride entered (even though I had already been checked in etc). This was a good idea as that very day was, unbeknownst to me, the day that new mattresses were being installed in the rooms.

Upon entering the room, which was opened already, I was met by a woman that looked to be from mouse keeping. I said hello politely and asked how long they would be, because I was just married and my new wife and I would like the room. She didn't appear to speak the best English, and so I tried my best to communicate with her. After a few minutes, she went and got the crew of men handling the mattresses, and they swapped them out.

No harm, no foul, and I think everything is good when they leave the room.

WRONG.

Going back to find my wife, whose being photographed, etc., We enter the room together and I decided to lock BOTH locks on the door. Normally I would just do the bolt, but this time I instinctually did the manual "chain/hook" lock as well. This later proved to be smart.

After awhile, my new wife and I were "changing" and the door suddenly starts to make clicking noises! Eyes wide, we wonder what in the world is that, thinking maybe its just an excited child going to the wrong room. NOPE. The door clicks again and this time UNLOCKS AND OPENS UP, getting caught by the manual "chain/hook" lock at the top that I used.

Disney mouse keeping / service essentially had just entered WITHOUT KNOCKING on my door, directly after my wedding. Completely flabbergasted at the idea, I was shocked at the unlocking clicks, and relieved when I realized that the "BANG" of the door being caught on the "chain/hook" didn't allow them to actually enter.

In summery, my wedding night nearly turned into a exhibition.

I really haven't figured out how to tell Disney about this concern without making it more embarrassing, and as time goes on I wonder if it is too late.

Anyway, that's my most embarrassing moment so what's yours?
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Sue M
DIS Veteran

At Narcoossee's I accidentally went into the men's wash room. I was in a hurry and never noticed my mistake. There I was in a stall when 2 men walked in! Pulled up my legs quickly and made a mad dash out after they left, hoping no one else would be entering as I was leaving
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
tink15823
DIS Veteran

I fell in the UK at Epcot broke my finger, blooded my face and hit my head knocked the wind out of myself. Had a fabulous Medic and EMT crew . Scarred my Dh and children and two very sweet older ladies sitting on a bench in the shade.Not my best moment .

ASMU 1996 ASMO 2005 2008 2010 Art of Animation 2012
tink15823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink15823 View Post
I fell in the UK at Epcot broke my finger, blooded my face and hit my head knocked the wind out of myself. Had a fabulous Medic and EMT crew . Scarred my Dh and children and two very sweet older ladies sitting on a bench in the shade.Not my best moment .
I also fell in the UK after just coming out of the pub there, but I hadn't anything to drink. We were just asking directions. I passed out from heat stroke and ended up with a badly sprained ankle and bruised everywhere. I ended up in a wheelchair for the rest of our trip and I looked like I'd been in a car wreck. Nothing was broken thankfully. I got lots of unwanted attention too as I frightened a lot of people apparently as they came running over to me. I refused to walk near that pub on our last trip, perhaps being a bit superstitious. On that same trip my son also fell in the UK. It was not our lucky country!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

It was raining pretty hard when we got to Sci Fi to eat during our first trip. I asked the check in CM if the movie and our reservation had been cancelled due to the rain....

No. It had not been lmao. I'll never forget the look of humor/pity/confusion she gave me!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
WDW Crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink15823 View Post

Ouch!! Glad it worked out quickly and ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
It was raining pretty hard when we got to Sci Fi to eat during our first trip. I asked the check in CM if the movie and our reservation had been cancelled due to the rain....

No. It had not been lmao. I'll never forget the look of humor/pity/confusion she gave me!
That's a good one !!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i was just done with my shower and heard a knock on my door.

i wrapped a towel around me and tried to look out of the peek hole to see who was there.

stupid me opened the door as i couldn't see who was out there.

i took a step forward and the door shut closed.

the towel was caught in the door, but still partially around me.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
i was just done with my shower and heard a knock on my door.

i wrapped a towel around me and tried to look out of the peek hole to see who was there.

stupid me opened the door as i couldn't see who was out there.

i took a step forward and the door shut closed.

the towel was caught in the door, but still partially around me.
Oh my, that one is priceless.

I remember the first time I rode Splash Mountain it was a very hot and very humid day in August. I managed to not get wet with the exception of one area and one area only... You got it, right where it looked like I just had a bladder failure. I was wearing a pair of white shorts and was showing a little more of the "Haines your way" than I was comfortable with.

I ended up in the mens room and was standing over the hand dryer desperately drying off the ever so embarassing wet area by standing on my toes and leaning into the blower. There were several guys that walked past and I'll never forget a kid about 10 years old said to his father as he passed by me, "that adds new meaning to a weenie roast."

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #9
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post

I remember the first time I rode Splash Mountain it was a very hot and very humid day in August. I managed to not get wet with the exception of one area and one area only... You got it, right where it looked like I just had a bladder failure. I was wearing a pair of white shorts and was showing a little more of the "Haines your way" than I was comfortable with.

I ended up in the mens room and was standing over the hand dryer desperately drying off the ever so embarassing wet area by standing on my toes and leaning into the blower. There were several guys that walked past and I'll never forget a kid about 10 years old said to his father as he passed by me, "that adds new meaning to a weenie roast."

I was laughing so hard at your story I was snorting and having difficulty breathing.... Well Done!

~NM
Old 07-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That is hilarious

Lalabubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #11
WDW Crawl

Quote:

weenie roast! funny story!

Keep em' coming everyone! I've got some others I'll share later
Old 07-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
quigs3
Winds in the east, mist comin' in, like somethin' is brewin', about to begin!

On our most recent trip this past June, I had just started taking a new medication. It turns out I didn't respond well to some of the side effects, and my blood pressure became too low. I passed out in the restroom at Epcot. I was absolutely mortified when I came to!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Dd had run out to refill her mug while I hopped in the shower. When I got out, I heard a knock at the door. Figuring it was dd, I opened the door while still in my towel. I just grabbed the handle and opened it enough for it to unlock, then I walked away to finish getting ready. A minute or two later, I see Mousekeeping standing there. She was checking to see if we wanted our room cleaned.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #14
ddeschon
Earning My Ears

Well I guess I can share mine too! Nov 2011 we were staying at POR. I was 7 weeks pregnant and the morning sickness just started. I went into our bathroom and say on the side of the tub cause I felt like I had throw up. Well I slipped and fell backwards into the tub and was stuck! My DH and kids came running in snapping pictures! They will never let me forget it and sent the pic all over!
ddeschon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #15
notaclue
DIS Veteran

Our first trip to WDW we went to the Magic Kingdom as our first park. We had walked a little ways in the park and all of a sudden I heard some woman scream 'OMG, it's Gepetto....Debbie, it's Gepetto!' Then I realized the screamer was me. Apparently I was really excited to be at Disney. I was 60 at the time.

Last edited by notaclue; 07-21-2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling
notaclue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: