Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
CRod
Earning My Ears

Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs?

I need some help in deciding which of these two resorts to stay at! My husband and I, our 2 y/o and 6 month old are going again in November. I have stayed at CS twice and POR once and thoroughly enjoyed them both. He hasn't stayed at either of them and we can't decide. Which would you pick and why?!
March 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
February 2008 - Coronado Springs
May 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
August 2010 - Boardwalk
May 2012 - Boardwalk
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - Coronado Springs
Next Trip August2014 - Boardwalk
CRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
wdwjeffc37
DisneyWorldFan

i personally like CSR. The dig site pool is awesome. We like the Cabanas section, mostly because the buildings are just two story. CSR is kind of big, but we love walking around the lake at night, it's beautiful. The bus service is good. The Pepper Market is OK. Some people like it some don't. We don't eat at the resort much so it is a non-issue with us. POR is nice too, with the boat to DTD, but we prefer CSR. Looking forward to getting a business class room next time to have access to the Cococino lounge. Either way you'll have a great time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
LLCM
Earning My Ears

First I love all the resorts at WDW between stays and dinners at different ones I love them all. With that The Coronado is very sprawling my main problem was we were in Ranchos 7B close to a bus stop, a smaller pool and the main beautiful pool but not close to the main building. I love shipping any items back to Resort and found it by the end of the day I hated walking back to the room often alone because the kids were exhausted from the park and grabbing something quick from the Pepper Market had to be scheduled in to our mornings because it was sometimes just easier to jump on a bus by our room and go to a park. I felt that we didn't get to truly enjoy the surroundings because of our go go go ways...we are staying at PO Riverside in the Royal Rooms this time arround first time there ourselves!! (We have stayed at the French Quarters before) you can't lose at any if you pick the Coronado see if you can maybe get into the Cabanas building 9 would be ideal to get to main pool and main building
Old 07-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
Shanna-like-Banana
DIS Veteran

We would pick POR any day

DH and I stayed a CSR and we just thought it was mmeehhhhh...

It seemed more like an apartment complex, than a resort to us.
Shanna-like-Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #5
Sue M
DIS Veteran

POR mansion section is our fav. Love the theming, boat to DTD, evening entertainment, food court, beautiful grounds, and the rooms have been recently refurbed
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
shannon006
DIS Veteran

We haven't stayed at either, but debated the same 2 resorts. We have visited both, both are beautiful and have so much to offer. The boat to DTD is something we have loved doing, even without staying at POR. We generally will take the water taxi and have walked around and eaten there. So that was the reason for us.

We had booked a king room, as it is just me and dh on this trip. However I didn't even see or know that AB was a completely different them than the mansions, so today I changed our room to a royal guest room, just to be sure we would have a mansion room.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
expeditioneverestgrl
DIS Veteran

POR!! Nice food court, pool, boat to DtD!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

I would choose CS. POR seems kind of second-class. CSR is like a deluxe to me. It has all the amenities. It has a nicer room, nicer location, I think an overall nicer resort. Although I would stay at both, I like CSR's pool better. Theme better. Restaurants better. I also love the Cabanas section. I would choose this section because it is really close to the pool and the main section. Which includes the restaurants. Ranchos is good if you want to be away from it all, but I prefer Cabanas because of the beautiful beach and views of the lake. You can take a chair out there and just watch the wildlife. Also, the bathrooms at POR make me cringe, while CSR look really nice and have a door. CSR also has better lighting. Not that that really matters that much. CSR seems more well-rounded.

Katie
Princess Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: