Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
DisneyFan82
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 15

Hawaiian Cruise?

It seems like I have seen one or two DCL Hawaiian cruises before. Does anyone know how often they do these, or does anyone know if they are planning another one in the future?
DisneyFan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,501

They have done two so far. Nothing has been announced through the end of 2014. Anything is possible, but DCL likes to drag out announcing things like that.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013



DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan82 View Post
It seems like I have seen one or two DCL Hawaiian cruises before. Does anyone know how often they do these, or does anyone know if they are planning another one in the future?
DCL has only had 2 Hawaiian cruises. The first was between the MR and Alaska seasons (Apr 2011). It sold fairly well. When DCL pulled out of Mexico at the end of the year, they added an Oct Hawaii cruise.

Some people jumped ship from Apr to Oct. So, neither ship was particularly full.

At this time DCL has no Hawaii itineraries on their schedules.
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
NC DCL fans
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 112

We can just keep hoping they do schedule another Hawaii cruise!! After missing the first two, I'll be there!

The Wonder is due for drydock in 2014 (and/or 2015) and the panama canal new locks-project is behind schedule, so we may not get much info until some decisions on all that are made. I think Fall is usually when the port canaveral itineraries are announced, but some years the magic and wonder schedules are not announced until later. Well see.

Last edited by NC DCL fans; 07-16-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: fixed typos
NC DCL fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran
 
su_A_ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,052

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC DCL fans View Post
We can just keep hoping they do schedule another Hawaii cruise!! After missing the first two, I'll be there!

The Wonder is due for drydock in 2014 (and/or 2015) and the panama canal new locks-project is behind schedule, so we may not get much info until some ecisions on all thata re made. I think Fall is usually when the port canaveral itineraries are announced, but some years the magic and wonder scedules are not announced until later. Well see.
Schedule for the Wonder for the fall of 2014 was recently finalized (Magic going to PC and doing 7n western and Wonder staying in Miami). Obviously, no dry-dock on the horizon.

More than likely the mandatory inspections will be completed in the water and any actual dry-dock will be postponed until 2015, however hoping that the locks finish the expansion.

Clearly DCL is still planning on having a ship going to the west coast in 2015 and/or 2016 and hence the wait on making any changes to the Wonder and avoiding getting stuck on the East coast.
__________________
'77, '84, '94, '00 (SWW) - Off site
'01 (BC), '03 (ASMu), '05 (BC), '06 (YC), '08 (YC), '08 (CSR Xmas),
'09 (CSR), '10 (BC), '10 (CSR Xmas), '11 (BC), '11 (CSR), '12 (5n Dream DD),
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Schedule for the Wonder for the fall of 2014 was recently finalized (Magic going to PC and doing 7n western and Wonder staying in Miami). Obviously, no dry-dock on the horizon.

More than likely the mandatory inspections will be completed in the water and any actual dry-dock will be postponed until 2015, however hoping that the locks finish the expansion.

Clearly DCL is still planning on having a ship going to the west coast in 2015 and/or 2016 and hence the wait on making any changes to the Wonder and avoiding getting stuck on the East coast.
Unless they do the dry dock on the west coast . Then she'll be "stuck" here.
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
BobandLee
Proud Parrothead with Mouse Ears
 
BobandLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 5,146

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
DCL has only had 2 Hawaiian cruises. The first was between the MR and Alaska seasons (Apr 2011). It sold fairly well. When DCL pulled out of Mexico at the end of the year, they added an Oct Hawaii cruise.

Some people jumped ship from Apr to Oct. So, neither ship was particularly full.

At this time DCL has no Hawaii itineraries on their schedules.
I don't know. We were on the first Hawaii cruise. Seemed pretty full to me.
__________________

xxx
x
The color of the ships at the water line is DARK BLUE. Always has been. Always will be.
BobandLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
clten
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,784

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandLee View Post
I don't know. We were on the first Hawaii cruise. Seemed pretty full to me.
That's what I was thinking. It may not have been at capacity but it was certainly more full than some cruises I've been on.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
disneynut4u
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Springhill, Louisiana
Posts: 25

My dad (73) wants to go to Hawaii to see Pearl Harbor. I want to do Aulani. HE won't fly and THINKS he will get seasick. I just got back from a cruise on the Dream and I don't think he will. IF Disney will do a Hawaii cruise again, I just might be able to talk him into going. I am hoping they will do one next year or 2015!!
disneynut4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #10
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled
 
jdb in AZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynut4u View Post
My dad (73) wants to go to Hawaii to see Pearl Harbor. I want to do Aulani. HE won't fly and THINKS he will get seasick. I just got back from a cruise on the Dream and I don't think he will. IF Disney will do a Hawaii cruise again, I just might be able to talk him into going. I am hoping they will do one next year or 2015!!
Hawaii isn't on the 2014 schedule. Here's hoping for 2015. We've done Hawaii on the old American Hawaii independence, NCL pride of Aloha, and DCL. Disney had the best service and entertainment but they didn't do the night time lava viewing or the Napaali coast and I hope they'll do those next time.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #11
fredandkell
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 55

I'll be the party pooper and say that the Hawaiian cruise (admittedly not on Disney) we took a few years ago has been my least favorite cruise (I've taken 6). It was neat getting to see all the major islands, but I never felt like I could relax on a beach...it was all go, go, go. I personally feel plopping at a posh resort is the best way to do Hawaii rather than cruising.
fredandkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #12
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredandkell View Post
I'll be the party pooper and say that the Hawaiian cruise (admittedly not on Disney) we took a few years ago has been my least favorite cruise (I've taken 6). It was neat getting to see all the major islands, but I never felt like I could relax on a beach...it was all go, go, go. I personally feel plopping at a posh resort is the best way to do Hawaii rather than cruising.
Ah, but that's the magic of DCL. A DCL Hawaii cruise isn't like any other cruiseline Hawaii cruise.
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #13
FJS961
DIS Veteran
 
FJS961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,812

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredandkell View Post
I'll be the party pooper and say that the Hawaiian cruise (admittedly not on Disney) we took a few years ago has been my least favorite cruise (I've taken 6). It was neat getting to see all the major islands, but I never felt like I could relax on a beach...it was all go, go, go. I personally feel plopping at a posh resort is the best way to do Hawaii rather than cruising.
Thats a real shame because our Hawaii cruise on NCL was the best overall vacation we have ever taken - NOT because of the ship but because we executed a fantastic itinerary balancing killer private excursions, luau on maui, helicopter tour, seeing active volcano spilling lava into the ocean, and programming in some relaxing beach time on some of the best beaches I've ever seen. We even loaded in an entire day of relaxation at the Hilton Waikaloa resort village on our Kona day.

My best SHIP experience to date was being on the Fantasy for a week last year.
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,204
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandLee View Post
I don't know. We were on the first Hawaii cruise. Seemed pretty full to me.
The staterooms were apparently at or close to capacity, but most guests were singles or couples or adult friends traveling together. There were not a lot of families with children compared to most DCL cruises. So the staterooms were full but the ship was not at its total capacity. There were only about 250 children aboard.

The ship was not very full...there were empty tables all over the dining room on late seating.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #15
sorceressk
Mouseketeer
 
sorceressk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 396

Please please please DCL!! Sooooooo wanna go to Hawaii!
__________________
sorceressk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: