Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
twinone
Mouseketeer

Chef Mickey or Crystal Palace for Dinner?

I have an ADR for Crystal Palace confirmed but I'm thinking the food is better at Chef Mickey..thoughts? I'm hoping for a cancellation since were not going till Dec. This is for dinner not breakfast
twinone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinone View Post
I have an ADR for Crystal Palace confirmed but I'm thinking the food is better at Chef Mickey..thoughts? I'm hoping for a cancellation since were not going till Dec. This is for dinner not breakfast
My choice would be Chef Mickeys. Our first (and only) dinner at Crystal Palace was horrible. The food was luke warm and my DH cut into raw salmon . I know we could have hit a bad night as restaurants have an off night every now and then and even though our experience was back in 2004, every time I suggest trying it again my DH and both DSs are adamant that they will not go back. They remember that experience like it was yesterday and have no desire to try again. With that said, we have eaten at Chef Mickeys many times over the years and have always had a great experience. But you will also find others who love CP, but will never go back to CM. Good luck deciding.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Lol! My experience was opposite. I think that the food at Crystal Palace is far far better. The only good thing at Chef Mickeys, in my experience, were the characters/fab 5.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Lol! My experience was opposite. I think that the food at Crystal Palace is far far better. The only good thing at Chef Mickeys, in my experience, were the characters/fab 5.
Same for us...CP food was good-salmon was great,characters were great.At CM,the food was not so good-pretty bad,and characters were ok. Very easy for folks to have different experiences due to expectations and/or tastes,along with the consistency of the restaurants themselves.
Don Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #5
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

While we prefer the characters and atmosphere at CM, the food at CP ismuch better. We HATED the food at CM (dinner)--and we're not picky.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
jhryb
DIS Veteran

I would make my decision based on the characters that you want to see. The question about which restaurant has better food is a toss-up.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

We can't separate them and always have to do both. If pushed I'd say we prefer the food at Chef Mickeys.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #8
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
We can't separate them and always have to do both. If pushed I'd say we prefer the food at Chef Mickeys.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

Chef Mickey, not a fan of the food at Crystal Palace.
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
mlayton14
Mouseketeer

They also have alcoholic beverages at CM's if that is wanted
mlayton14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #11
disneywalkers
Mouseketeer

Chef Mickey's.
disneywalkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #12
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

I prefer the food at CP, plus you wouldn't have to leave the MK which is a pain and time sucker, IMO. Even if it is only to go to the CR...say you have a 5 pm ADR. You'd have to leave the MK by 4:30 at the latest, walk or monorail to the CR (walking is faster, unless you get the monorail at the exact right time), eat your dinner and then go back to the MK by walking or monorail, get back in through security and the gates, etc. You probably wouldn't be back in the MK until 7:30 pm. If you had that that same 5 pm ADR at CP, you'd walk up to the hostess at 4:55 pm, and be back out in the park by 6-6:30 pm.

If it were me personally, I always prefer to eat in the park I am in, rather than leave and eat at a resort. We have eaten dinner at CM because we stay at the CR and it's convenient, but we usually make this ADR on a 1/2 park day, and either go before or after.

buzzrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #13
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

We had dinner at Chef Mickey's in March...it was horrible and we will never go back. Unless you really want to see the characters, there is no way I would waste park time to go there.
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
minnierocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #14
Terk-1
Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,302.5 miles from the Magic Kingdom!

Thumbs up Crystal Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinone View Post
Crystal Palace is my favorite restaurant at the Magic Kingdom. Food is always hot and fresh and there is a great selection. Have yet to have a bad meal there.

Tried Chef Mickey's for dinner (Yuk) a few trips ago and never again. The food was cold and either overcooked (dry) or undercooked. Ended up getting sick after eating there. The service was the worst. Because I was dining solo, he apparently thought that I did not need anything to drink or to clear out any dirty plates or offer any drink refills (when I finally got a drink by asking another server for one) or when I waited 20 minutes for my check (and still had to flag down another server to get that too). Between the food & the service, won't go back here for dinner again.
80,82,85,88,90,93,94, 96 - ASMu, 97-98 - DxL, 99 - POFQ & BC, 00 - WL & POFQ, 01 - ASMo, 02 - Poly, 03 - CBR & WL, 04 -Pop, 05 - GC @ DL, 06 - POFQ, 07 - San Diego, 08 - San Diego (twice), 09 - Sports, 11 - Port Orleans French Quarter, 12 - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons
October 2013 - First Disney Cruise!!!! Western Caribbean on the Wonder
November-December 2013 - Art of Animation & Pop Century

November-December 2014 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy!!

Pictures & Video from November 2011 Trip! More to upload.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wdwfan6
Terk-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #15
TravelMommy
Mouseketeer

We have enjoyed both, but prefer CP for lunch. You can not beat the potatoes at Chef Mickeys! I swear that and the roast make the trip there worth it for us! Have a Great Trip whatever you decide
TravelMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: