Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
chrismartinique
Mouseketeer

questions about POP

gonna split stay between value and deluxe.

1. POP has its own bus...is this right?

2. Is POP corny Disney-ish.....thats why we like Sports and Movies. My kids love the huge, colorful Disney "stuff". I know POP has the big & colorful but is there enough Disney feel? Hope this makes sense.

3. At this point is this the value you would pick? The last time we stayed value ASM was the new one.

4. Does ASM have its own bus?

5. What is the preferred area at POP....does this mean closer to pool or closer to food?

Thanks for your help
chrismartinique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
roxysmum123
DIS Veteran

1. POP has its own bus...is this right?
You bet. Just wait till you're leaving MK and get to play Bus Jenga. It's all part of the experience, lol, I love it

2. Is POP corny Disney-ish.....thats why we like Sports and Movies. My kids love the huge, colorful Disney "stuff". I know POP has the big & colorful but is there enough Disney feel? Hope this makes sense.
I think so. It's not AS Disney corny as the All Stars IMHO but it's definitely themed.

3. At this point is this the value you would pick? The last time we stayed value ASM was the new one.
I've done POP and All Star Movies, and toured AoA. POP is my fave personally, but I HIGHLY recommend walking over to AoA and checking out their food court

4. Does ASM have its own bus?
Nope, shares it with the other 2 All Stars

5. What is the preferred area at POP....does this mean closer to pool or closer to food?
It's a certain distance from the main building I believe. I got it and was really happy with it, it wasn't near a pool (there's a Pool Preferred category too I believe) but it wasn't far from anything. I didn't feel like I was dragging my sorry butt back to the room at the end of the day...and I've felt like that at Moderates before, so I'll call it a win!
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

#1 On another value resort thread a poster reports that AoA and Pop shared a bus during their stay. Not sure if it happening much, but apparently it can happen!

#4 Each All Star has their own bus way more often than they share. And as all 3 All Stars are connected by their parking lots, when they share it hardly adds any time to the bus ride.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

1. POP has its own bus...is this right? Yes. I was there in January and we did NOT share with AOA. I imagine it depends on time of year if it were to happen.

2. Is POP corny Disney-ish.....thats why we like Sports and Movies. My kids love the huge, colorful Disney "stuff". I know POP has the big & colorful but is there enough Disney feel? Hope this makes sense. The main reason I didn't want to stay at first was this same fear. No worries, Lady, The tramp, Mowgli, Baloo, Goofy, Potato Heads .... you will feel plenty Disney while there.

3. At this point is this the value you would pick? The last time we stayed value ASM was the new one. YES. While I would like to try AOA at some point, as you can see from my signature we love POP.

4. Does ASM have its own bus? I don't know for sure the answer. Both times my room was so far from the front we just drove, it was easier.

5. What is the preferred area at POP....does this mean closer to pool or closer to food? There is a map out there that shows it. May be closer to main hub or right at a pool. Honestly the footprint is not large and even the farthest room is only a couple minute walk. We actually prefer Standard here because we can get a lake view room. Quiet and only a few minutes to everything. Few extra dollars saved equal more snacks (our luxury item).

And the walk over the bridge to AOA Food Court is not bad and they have a very diverse menu, serve on real china with real silverware. We enjoyed having two eats options.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: