Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran

EPCOT to ESPN Zone?

We don't have any ADRs planned for our Epcot day. I'm thinking that if we want something more than counter service and need an A/C break, we could hop over to the Boardwalk and have lunch at the ESPN Zone. Will we be likely to need an ADR there? Also, what's the best way to get there from Epcot? Can we walk from the International Gateway and will it be too long in the mid-day heat? Thanks!
Luv Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

It's about a 5 minute walk out the International Gateway. ESPN is the first thing you come to on the Boardwalk.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

As Pakey said, it's a very easy walk to ESPN from Epcot via the International Gateway. As you head out of IG, you'll come a path split: one side continues along to the Beach Club and the other crosses the canal. Go over the canal and follow the walk-way to the Boardwalk. It's about 0.25 miles from IG to ESPN.

Sorry, but ESPN does not accept ADRs. If there is a big sporting event going on, the lines can be pretty long to get in.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran

Great. Thanks for the replies!
Luv Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
bostonminnie
Mouseketeer

We've never had a hard time getting a table during the day, but it can get busy with sporting events. Big River Grille is also a good back-up if you can't get into ESPN.

bostonminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

It's an easy walk from Epcot to ESPN Zone from the International Gateway. You just walk toward BC and then over the bridge to the Boardwalk. ESPN Zone is the first restaurant you'll come to. It'll take you 5 minutes walking at a decent clip.

We've never eaten there. Sometimes there is a line to get it; other times it looks like you could walk right in. A lot will depend on whether there is a sporting event on tv.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
purple figment
DIS Veteran

You could also take the Friendship boat from the IG and get off at the first stop which is the BW. It'll be faster to walk to the ESPN Club, but the boat ride might be nice if it's really hot and humid or you want to give your feet a rest.

No reservations at either ESPN Club or Big River Grill.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post

No reservations at either ESPN Club or Big River Grill.
We tried to eat here last visit. The line was long, so we asked at front how it works. They told us "Wait in this line, it should be about 45 mins. THEN you put in your name and your wait begins. It could be a 45 minute wait after that...or an hour and a half or more." So that is IN ADDITION TO the 45 minute wait to put in your name. Crazy. There WAS a football game on at the time...not a playoff or anything, but some regular Sunday football games. No way would I wait either an hour and a half or possibly 2hrs and 15 minutes to eat here. We left... we ate at Big River Grille... which was hands down the absolute WORST meal I've eaten anywhere. Big mistake...LOL. Now I always have an ADR somewhere that accepts them. :-)

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan2kids View Post
We tried to eat here last visit. The line was long, so we asked at front how it works. They told us "Wait in this line, it should be about 45 mins. THEN you put in your name and your wait begins. It could be a 45 minute wait after that...or an hour and a half or more." So that is IN ADDITION TO the 45 minute wait to put in your name. Crazy. There WAS a football game on at the time...not a playoff or anything, but some regular Sunday football games. No way would I wait either an hour and a half or possibly 2hrs and 15 minutes to eat here. We left... we ate at Big River Grille... which was hands down the absolute WORST meal I've eaten anywhere. Big mistake...LOL. Now I always have an ADR somewhere that accepts them. :-)
Yeah, but what game? And when? Trust me, there are "regular" Sunday football games that mean a heck of a lot. Could it have been a game that sent one of the teams into the playoffs?

A sporting event is more than just the playoffs. Just watched the Orioles sweep the Yankees and it's not even the All-Star break but man, I would have been so at the ESPN Club for that if I were at Disney World.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Bit River Grill takes reservations directly not through the Disney system. And they don't take them 6 months out.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #11
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran

Not sure what game... I know the Eagles were playing... But they definitely weren't fighting for a playoff run... LOL!

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: