Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
retlaw_yensid
Mouseketeer

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Cancellations

When booking the Dessert Party online, it gives the disclaimer that "inclement weather may cancel the fireworks, and if so, it sucks to be you, but care for another cookie?".

While I understand this completely, shelling out $180 for a party of six to view the fireworks only to have the fireworks cancelled would be a MAJOR downer for the already expensive trip. So, my question is this: it always seems to rain in Florida every day anyways...how often do the fireworks really get cancelled? What has been everyone's experience with cancellations?

Thanks, as always!
retlaw_yensid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
dani77
Mouseketeer

As far as I know, the loaded shells with the fireworks HAVE to be fired for safety reasons. So while it my rain at the scheduled time for Wishes, the fireworks will still go on. Simple rain doesn't stop them from starting on time, thunderstorms do and they delay the show for a couple of minutes until the thunderstorm/lightning has passed. Tinkerbell doesn't fly during bad weather buth that's about the only difference.
There was a heavy thunderstorm when I was at the party in may and all that happend was they delayed Wishes for about 30 minutes and I "had to" enjoy even more desserts while waiting
I guess it is VERY rare they actually cancel Wishes and let the fireworks go of after the park closes. Really wouldn't worry about that happening!

Me, myself and I...all the way from Germany going to the World
dani77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

We did a Dessert Party in early June..June 2 if I remember correctly. It was stormy off and on all day. My dd had friends elsewhere in the park that night. They sent her a text at about 9:20 saying that they had overheard some CMs talking and they said that Wishes was going to be cancelled that night due to the storms. Naturally we had front row seats that night!!! But, as it turned out, the show went on. Sadly, Tink didn't fly that night...but she would have flown directly overhead!! You could see lightning in the distance and hear the thunder, and it did rain a little bit...but the fireworks still went on.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

I've watched the fireworks show in a dead downpour before. (It was our only opportunity to do so on the trip, and a little awkward to watch them from under an umbrella.) That being said, they rarely ever completely cancel the fireworks show.

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

The fireworks are cancelled very rarely. It rains everyday, but in the past month that I have lived here, I can't think of a day when it has rained past 8pm. Usually, it rains from about 3pm-6pm. You can almost set your watch for it. Also, it is more dangerous for the fireworks to stay in all night then for them to shoot off in the rain. Now, Tinkerbell might not fly, and this is far more likely than the fireworks getting canceled. Good luck, and have fun!
I am a Disney fanatic. I am a long-time Disneyland Annual Passholder and now a WDW Cast Member. Follow my blog, www.lizzieindisney.blogspot.com for tips, tricks, and dining reviews. And follow me on Twitter @lizzieindisney or Facebook, facebook.com/lizzieindisney

My Dining Review Thread:Living in Disney means Food! My Fine Dining Adventure
LizzieinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
retlaw_yensid
Mouseketeer

Thanks again, everyone, for the feedback!
retlaw_yensid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: