Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Back to working out - sweating more when doing normal stuff?

I started running again about a month ago. (It sounds so awesome to "say" that out loud!). Anyway, I've noticed that during normal, everyday activities, I get hot and sweaty, where I didn't before.

I noticed it mostly when I'm cleaning the house. For example, it happened last night when I was vacuuming and picking up around the house - nothing too strenuous. I don't remember sweating like that when I cleaned the house before I started back to running. I wasn't winded, just sweaty and hot, like I had worked out lightly.

Of course, I get sweaty during my c25k runs, and no more than expected, but it's the everyday stuff that has me concerned. Maybe because my body is becoming more efficient??? (I have no idea here!)

Is this normal?

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

*missing having a ticker... I wanna go back!

Feb 2014 - According to DH, we're going back "next winter," whatever that means. Not specific enough for a ticker... yet!
making plans... so far looks like it'll be unlike either of our other trips. We're driving, we're not staying at WL, we're trying a moderate instead, we're cutting the Disney part shorter so we can go to the dark side for 2 days/nights!! We're SO excited to check out the Harry Potter areas!!!
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
arihillfarm
Mouseketeer

I don't know if it's normal or not, but I have been experiencing the same thing. It's frustrating because I feel like I should be sweating less during normal activity as I get more fit.

-Astrid
arihillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #3
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Would be interesting to find out. Is it because maybe before you were dehyrdrated? Is your body more used to exercise, so it 'plans ahead' when it feels like you are getting ready to exercise when really it's just housework. Are you more energetic now in the chores so maybe you are working a bit more energetically even though you dont think so? wonder if anyone knows the real answer?
Old 06-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

Back in 2005 when Lance was riding the Tour for the Discovery Channel team they did a lot of specials on the body and how it reacts to exercise and training. I remember in one of the episodes it talked about how trained athletes will start to sweat sooner because the body becomes more efficient at cooling itself. Evolutionarily speaking our bodies always strive for efficiency.

I noticed it in myself too back when I first started distance running.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

What Firedancer said! I was told that the better shape you are in the more you sweat since your body is more adept at maintaining its proper temperature. If you are really concerned, call your doc.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer View Post
Back in 2005 when Lance was riding the Tour for the Discovery Channel team they did a lot of specials on the body and how it reacts to exercise and training. I remember in one of the episodes it talked about how trained athletes will start to sweat sooner because the body becomes more efficient at cooling itself. Evolutionarily speaking our bodies always strive for efficiency.

I noticed it in myself too back when I first started distance running.
I've read that too and I notice it myself. When I'm working out regularly, I sweat much more and much more quickly.
SuperHappyFunTimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: