Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer

Package to Room only

I will be changing a 3 day package to room only. The remaining 4 days of the trip I have FD and will be adding 2 more days of tickets to that package...My question is when should I make the change from package to room only? Will I still be able to stay at the resort I am booked at? Or will I have to change?
At first I was bummed I couldn't stay at the same resort for the full 7 days but now I am getting pumped for POR and AKL on my itinerary!!
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

tiggerlvr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerlvr27 View Post
I will be changing a 3 day package to room only. The remaining 4 days of the trip I have FD and will be adding 2 more days of tickets to that package...My question is when should I make the change from package to room only? Will I still be able to stay at the resort I am booked at? Or will I have to change?
At first I was bummed I couldn't stay at the same resort for the full 7 days but now I am getting pumped for POR and AKL on my itinerary!!
If you are sure you want room only instead of a package, I would change now. Keep in mind that going from one reservation type to the other requires the one to be cancelled/refunded and the other booked, requiring a new deposit. Since room only and packages are different reservation systems, money can't be transferred between the two so you have cancel and rebook. If the resort/room type you have booked as a package is still available, I'd book that as room only and then cancel the package. If it's not available, you will have to speak to someone in guest services and he/she should be able to change reservation types without you losing your resort (but you will still need to make a room deposit and wait for a refund on the package). HTH .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Is your first reservation going to be the room only? What are you going to do about tickets, if that's the case. Your tickets would be tied to your package that comes later.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
Is your first reservation going to be the room only? What are you going to do about tickets, if that's the case. Your tickets would be tied to your package that comes later.
You can pick up package tickets up to 3 days early at guest relations at a park or at DTD.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: