Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
posey74
Earning My Ears

Concierge and extra Palo reservations

We are sailing later this year on the Magic and have a one bedroom concierge suite booked. We did concierge last year on our first cruise and found out during dinner at Palo on the last night from our server that we could have had more Palo reservations if we'd wanted, is this true? We would love to have dinner there more than one night (and an extra brunch would rock too!) if so...would this be something you can book before departure through concierge services or do you wait to get on the ship to request this?
posey74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by posey74 View Post
We are sailing later this year on the Magic and have a one bedroom concierge suite booked. We did concierge last year on our first cruise and found out during dinner at Palo on the last night from our server that we could have had more Palo reservations if we'd wanted, is this true? We would love to have dinner there more than one night (and an extra brunch would rock too!) if so...would this be something you can book before departure through concierge services or do you wait to get on the ship to request this?
Anyone can book additional Palo seatings once onboard, if there is availability. I'm not sure if being Concierge will let you book additional seatings pre-cruise, or not.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by posey74 View Post
Just wait until you are on board. My experience is that you can basically book Palo through the concierge service as many times as you would like.

DWF
disneywonderfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
PaDisneyCouple
DIS Veteran

I asked shore side concierge about booking more than one Palo dinner or brunch prior to boarding. They said everybody is limited to one of each prior to sailing. As others said, once you're on board, that rule is gone. We might ask for a second dinner once we board.
10/10 BC Club Level 10-11/11 Dream 4-night & CR 3-night 10/12 Dream 4-night 10/13 Fantasy 7-night Eastern
10/14 Fantasy 7-night Eastern

PaDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
posey74
Earning My Ears

Ok great, thanks everyone! I will wait and ask when we are on board.
posey74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywonderfun View Post
Just wait until you are on board. My experience is that you can basically book Palo through the concierge service as many times as you would like.

DWF
Absolutely on the money, Concierge services should be able handle this, they did for us on the Dream last year.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #7
Pumpkin meme
I never travel to WDW in December ...its overrun with chanting cheer squads and pushy mothers...

Good to know....thanks.

Adding to my ever increasing concierge request list.
Pumpkin meme is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: