Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
kandb
DIS Veteran

Anyone stay at the BC recently and not like it?

We are staying here in Sept for the first time. We have twins that are 10 yrs old and a 4 year old. We picked the resort for the nice pool and easy access to EP and HS. I have just read that some people are saying the rooms are "worn". I know we are paying for location, but for $400/night, I don't want old rooms. Any comments on recent stays? Thanks
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

Worn? I thought they recently renovated? Are you sure you didn't read that about the BC villas? Because IMHO, those are the rooms that look worn.
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
Dis703
DIS Veteran

We just stayed there last month and I had read a few of those comments as well but I didn't find it to be in need of an update at all. There were a couple of the tiniest details in our room that were a little worn but nothing worth complaining about. I have heard the villas are more in need of an update but haven't seen them myself.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
kandb
DIS Veteran

Think I read the reviews on tripadvisor. It said BC not the villas but maybe they just didn't write in Villas. Just hope the rooms are in decent shape.
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Well we had a room on the 5th floor club level and my MIL had a standard view room on the 4th floor and both of them were very nice rooms in great shape. I really wouldn't be concerned by those reviews.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #6
clapton
Mouseketeer

Have stayed at BC several times and the rooms were very nice. It's a beautiful resort, you will love it! Enjoy!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

We stayed there in April. While I wasn't thrilled with our stay (sorry BC fans, please don't ), I wouldn't say the rooms were worn. The hallways, however, were a different story. The carpet consistently looked like it was in need of very good vacuuming and it was buckled pretty badly - like ripples high enough that I felt I needed to look down when walking because I was afraid I'd trip. And it wasn't just in a spot or two. Now granted, we had a lot of hallway to cover because we were in one of the rooms way down by the "secret" exit to Epcot.

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran

We were at the BC two weeks ago, and yes, I feel like it's worn, particularly compared to our stay last year at the YC, which seemed much fresher. Carpet in the hallways was just as described above (coming up in places at the seams, buckled, spotted, worn, etc.); our door to our closet was coming off the hinges; the elevator by our room had buttons that were broken and was out of order several times during our stay.

I'm a Disney lover just as much as anyone else here, and I love the location and theming of the BC/YC resorts, but a $400 a night hotel shouldn't be in such sad shape. The Yacht Club seems to be in much nicer shape and condition, and if we were going back this year, that's where I'd choose to stay (or I'd stay at the Boardwalk).
thisismyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #9
bilzer
Earning My Ears

Our room at BCV was quite worn. The bathroom especially. Can't speak to the regular rooms.
bilzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure I am liking the sound of this. - I booked BC for our October trip - I know the location is fantastic (especially for F&W) - but there are no discounts (yet - fingers crossed) - so it is a lot of $$$ and I am not feeling the *LOVE* . I may rethink our plans.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #11
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
I'm not sure I am liking the sound of this. - I booked BC for our October trip - I know the location is fantastic (especially for F&W) - but there are no discounts (yet - fingers crossed) - so it is a lot of $$$ and I am not feeling the *LOVE* . I may rethink our plans.
You will find complaints on virtually every resort. Check out the BC thread if you want to feel the love. There are many fans of this resort, myself one of them.

As for the issue of noise mentioned we had a room on the 5th floor right near the lounge and across from the ice machine. I was really concerned when I saw the location, but while yes we heard people on the halls when we were up it was never noisy enough to wake us or anything and I'm a light sleeper.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #12
em36
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at the YC twice during the past 2 years. My family LOVED it and will not even discuss staying anywhere else. This resort shares Storm Along Bay and I highly recommend it.
em36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
We are staying here in Sept for the first time. We have twins that are 10 yrs old and a 4 year old. We picked the resort for the nice pool and easy access to EP and HS. I have just read that some people are saying the rooms are "worn". I know we are paying for location, but for $400/night, I don't want old rooms. Any comments on recent stays? Thanks
The only thing I did not like about the BC were the screaming children in the lobby. Other than that it is a gorgeous resort, the rooms are beautifully done. I didn't notice any wears or tears at all. I was there December of 2010.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #14
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Our family stayed at the BC CL and the room did not look old. It was actually very nice. However, that being said, when I walked into the bathroom, it was FILTHY!!! The toilet also had dark urine all over the seat and you could tell it had been sitting there for a while . The room, although nice, was also dirty. We had to immediately get someone to clean the room. It just made me wonder if the sheets had been replaced or not . Not a good experience, specially in Club Level. As I am a very picky person, this ruined it for us. I know this can happen anywhere else too, but for us it happened at BC.

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #15
dopeyluvsgrumpy
Mouseketeer

We did an 8 day stay in December. This has been our dream hotel stay for many years and a really wanted to love it, but we had nothing but problems. We were first put in a room with a very musty smell and soon discovered a tiolet that kept over filling and from the smell likely had for some time. We were told the problem would be fixed right away and in the time being to use the lobby toilets. We have three young kids and on out first trip to the lobby bathroom discovered it was also broken and closed for maintenance. No one ever came to fix the toilet, so I got the mananger and got our room moved. This was just the start of a week of bad service. We had days where we would get back from the park late and night and our room had never been cleaned. Management didn't believe us and came to our room at midnight for an inspection (with our three sleeping kids in the room). We also had one of our adult room keys that wouldn't unlock the door and when we brought this to the attention of the front desk staff, we were basically told to grin and bear it. At this point I lost it on the poor young girl working the desk, but for $400+ a night I think both adults in the room should be able to open the door. On the plus side the pool was amazing and the pool staff always friendly and we loved the easy access to Epcot. I think we would stay in the area again but not at the Beach Club.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: