Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
disgreat
Earning My Ears

Anyone Ever Use Cruiseline Formalwear?

We are going on the Wonder to Alaska next month. DH is debating about whether or not to order a tux rental. We were interested in other people's experiences.

Has anyone ever had any experience renting a tux through the Cruiseline Formalwear site? Was it worth it? Was the tux nice? Did they run true to size?

Also, is formal night on the Wonder "really" formal? Do people actually get dressed up in tux and gown?

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
disgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
carpenta
DIS Veteran

I have rented a few times and they are pretty good quality. The sizing is pretty close to true with the waist adjustable. They arrive in your room all clean and hung pressed and all you do is leave it for your attendant to collect. Most people dressing in tux or suits with some just casual. Some women go all out with sparkle gowns and accessories. i think it is well worth the cost just to save you from carrying it with you and then having to clean after the cruise.IMO itgives a little pizzazz to the cruise. We sailed on the Magic mostly (longer cruises) so I can't tell you about the Wonder.Have a great cruise.
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgreat View Post
Also, is formal night on the Wonder "really" formal? Do people actually get dressed up in tux and gown?
What I can tell you from my six Disney cruises on the four different ships is that formal night wear varies from tuxes to jeans for the men. Wear what you want to wear. We as a family like to dress up because it's the one time that we have an excuse to do so.
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Yes, wear what you want. Sports coats and slacks far outnumber the tuxes. Cocktail dresses far outnumber the ball gowns.

FWIW, you won't see many strapless dresses without a sweater -- the MDR's are rather chilly.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #5
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

We had a great experience with Cruiseline Formalwear. The tux was sharp looking, fit was good, reasonable price. Couldn't have been easier.

Coming up next: WB Panama Canal Cruise May 2014
DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012
ImDMous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
tivo4me1
Earning My Ears

Cruiseline Formalwear

I had a mostly good experience with Cruiseline Formalwear for our PC cruise in December 2012. Fit was good, condition of outfit was consistent with other formalwear rentals I've made.

I'll note that I ordered the "contemporary" tux that came with two regular "lay down" collar shirts, and ordered an extra shirt for dinner at Palo...the "extra" shirt they provided, however, was a "wing collar" shirt, which looked somewhat silly with the long tie that came with the contemporary tux.

Otherwise, I was completely happy with the process.

Rich from California
tivo4me1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

We just used them last week on our Med cruise for my DH and DS (15) and they looked fabulous. We will definitely use them again.
DisneyOHFan is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: