Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Cool I won't say I'm in love...but I am!! A Feb '14 GSC PTR! (NEW 2/9)

Grab a water bottle, throw on your sweat bands, and lace up those sneaks' because we've got 19.3 magical miles ahead of us!

That's right, folks! The DISters (DIS sisters- disneyhorselover and I) are back running the Walt Disney World Enchanted 10k and Princess Half Marathon (together known as the Glass Slipper Challenge) and we're inviting you to join us! Whether you'll be earning your own pair of glass slippers, or reading from home, sit back, relax and enjoy the run!

For my new friends, I'll do some introductions!

Meet Emily:

I'm 20 years old and I love Disney, running and crafting.

I wasn't raised in a Disney-or-die family but have grown to love the parks over the past 3-4 years. I've traveled twice as a kid, and once this year with my sister. I hope to continue to see the World annually over the next couple of years! I especially love planning my fantasy Disney vacation with my sister. Growing up, I always loved to watch my beloved Disney VHS, especially the Little Mermaid!

I'm not narrating this PTR/TR alone! My partner-in-crime is my DSis Caitlin, whose joining me for the ride...and the run! All of her writing will look
like this.

Meet Caitlin:

Like Emily, I also enjoy Disney and running, but rather than crafting, I'm much more likely to be found on the back of a horse. I am lucky enough to have my dream job, training horses for a living. My favorite Disney movie changes from week to week, but the main stays are The Lion King, and more recently, Tangled.

I can't quite remember when I got bit by the Disney bug, but I went once as a child and then started going again when I was in college, and have been fortunate enough to travel to Disney several times over the past few years, though not as frequently as I'd like!

This trip we'll be traveling with our mom (DM, I suppose), and Caitlin's friend R.

Meet Mom (aka MJ):

Mom likes a good vacation- no matter where it is! She also loves to read, and reads over 70 books each year (yes- she actually counts!)

She first visited Disney with DDad on their honeymoon over 25 years ago. Though MJ doesn't love Disney quite like DSis and I, she tolerates our obsession and is very excited about going on a girl's trip! She won't be running but is excited to cheer us on with a sign and her Mickey clappers.

Meet R:

R is my best friend from college. She didn't go to Disney for the first time until she was 21, when we went for senior spring break. Since then, she has also fallen in love with The World, and has been able to go for a few more day trips since interning and then moving to Florida. Since we first booked, R was accepted to Vet School out of the country and now will only be able to cheer us on in spirit!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney

Last edited by emilyindisney; 02-09-2014 at 08:16 PM.
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Table of Contents

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney

Last edited by emilyindisney; 02-09-2014 at 08:13 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!
Welcome! Glad you made it!

Old 06-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I'm in!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #6
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
I'm in!

Thanks for joining!

Old 07-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Welcome one and all!

Anne, I wish I was doing marathon weekend! I'll be excited to read about your experience!

The color run was a lot of fun. I probably wouldn't pay to do it again (the price is a little steep) but definitely something to experience once!

This will be our last update for a few weeks because I'll be doing some traveling! Hopefully I'll have some beautiful pictures to share with our next update.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
Welcome one and all!

Anne, I wish I was doing marathon weekend! I'll be excited to read about your experience!

The color run was a lot of fun. I probably wouldn't pay to do it again (the price is a little steep) but definitely something to experience once!

This will be our last update for a few weeks because I'll be doing some traveling! Hopefully I'll have some beautiful pictures to share with our next update.
Safe travels!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:48 AM   #9
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful pictures and hearing about your travels! Have fun!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #10
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Safe Travels.
LB1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #11
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Safe travels!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful pictures and hearing about your travels! Have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
Safe Travels.
Thanks everyone! I'm glad to be home, and excited to be working on some updates for ya'll!

Old 10-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #12
JessM
We all have a dream

Hi! I'm just joining in! I'm running the GSC too! And staying at BWV, in a studio, on rented points! SO funny.

I also just did the same thing you did when the discounts came out I booked POP for Thursday night because flights were cheaper and I couldn't change my BWV stay.

I'm super excited for the extra time in Disney and for extra time at the expo Friday, I can't wait!!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #13
disneyhorselover
Rebel Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Hi! I'm just joining in! I'm running the GSC too! And staying at BWV, in a studio, on rented points! SO funny. I also just did the same thing you did when the discounts came out I booked POP for Thursday night because flights were cheaper and I couldn't change my BWV stay. I'm super excited for the extra time in Disney and for extra time at the expo Friday, I can't wait!!

Clearly great minds think alike'

Welcome!!!

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

March 1996 (Swan),March 2008 (CBR), March 2009 (POP), May 2010 (Swan), January 2013 (AoA),
February 2014 (AS Sports and BWV)

October 2014 (ASM) for the ToT 10 Miler!
disneyhorselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #14
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
Hi! I'm just joining in! I'm running the GSC too! And staying at BWV, in a studio, on rented points! SO funny.

I also just did the same thing you did when the discounts came out I booked POP for Thursday night because flights were cheaper and I couldn't change my BWV stay.

I'm super excited for the extra time in Disney and for extra time at the expo Friday, I can't wait!!
Talk about twinning! At this rate, we're bound to be neighbors that weekend!

Seeing as our dates match, please feel free to chime in any time with your plans or thoughts! Love to hear from fellow GSCers!

Old 12-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #15
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

Hi Emily and Caitlin! I'm officially on board for the PTR. I am not a runner, the most I've done is a 5K, but the Disney runs look SO fun.

UCONN?! Haha, I go to PC, and I looooove basketball, and UConn used to be our big rival...but now that we're not in the same conference, we can be friends.

My dad and I also were there for Marathon weekend!! We went to DHS on the day of the race and it was so cool seeing the guests run through the park.

I've never stayed at the Boardwalk but I've visited and it is beautiful!!

'Ohana is phenomenal and Wishes is also my favorite thing ever.

I loooooove Via Napoli. It's great food, and if you split pizza with people it's a good deal for a full-service! The arancini is a good appetizer too.

KONAAAAAA. I love Tonga Toast so much!

I've stayed at all the All-Stars and I think they're great! Pretty small, but they work for small groups.

Sorry your friend can't go!!! I'm glad everything got worked out though, and resort touring will be lots of fun.

SUBSCRIBED
courtneybelle is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
february 2014, gsc, princess half marathon, rundisney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: