Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
glocon
DIS Veteran

Villa availability

Just wondering- are the villas available to everyone or just to DVC members? The extra space would be nice!

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards
Old 06-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
jimandami
DIS Veteran

You can get DVC accommodations through Disney, but they are quite pricey. I know some people do it though. Or, you can rent DVC points through a member on this or other message boards, or through a points broker. That is what we generally do.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

As the PP said, non-DVC members can rent villas, but you'll do it through Disney. If you go through Disney, you'll be considered a hotel guest and get all of the amenities that comes with the hotel room (mostly referring to daily housekeeping). If you rent points through a DVC member, you'll get the room a cheaper rate (most likely), but you'll be subject to the rules of the DVC.

I'm not a DVC member, but I usually stay in a 1-bedroom villa at the BW. It's great to have the full kitchen plus more space. It can be pricey, but it depends on the timing and available discounts. With an AP discount, the 1BR-villa was actually less expensive than the Arusha view room at AKL when I went in March.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
francie57
DIS Veteran

We have rented villas through Disney for years. They are much more than if you rent points. We go through AAA so we have a discount at least on the room part of our package for Aug. We are going back in Jan for the marathon weekend and I actually rented points for a 2 bedroom at the BC through Dave's rentals (found through these forums). They charge $14 per point and our trip is $1200 less than renting through Disney. As far as the housekeeping, you can get daily housekeeping it will just cost you per day. Even with paying for daily housekeeping we will still be over $1000 ahead. If this works out I will seriously consider doing it for our annual trip in Aug. since we are getting annual passes when we go in Aug. I know you can rent from members even cheaper but I felt safer going through a company that handles this all the time and handles the rental agreement and any requests.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie57 View Post
We have rented villas through Disney for years. They are much more than if you rent points. We go through AAA so we have a discount at least on the room part of our package for Aug. We are going back in Jan for the marathon weekend and I actually rented points for a 2 bedroom at the BC through Dave's rentals (found through these forums). They charge $14 per point and our trip is $1200 less than renting through Disney. As far as the housekeeping, you can get daily housekeeping it will just cost you per day. Even with paying for daily housekeeping we will still be over $1000 ahead. If this works out I will seriously consider doing it for our annual trip in Aug. since we are getting annual passes when we go in Aug. I know you can rent from members even cheaper but I felt safer going through a company that handles this all the time and handles the rental agreement and any requests.
Daily full cleaning for a two bedroom villa is $60 per day.

Actually David doesn't handle the requests. The member who owns the points is the one who makes any requests for you. Since David doesn't own the points used for the reservation, he cannot even call Member Services about the reservation.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #6
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

We often stay in a Boardwalk Villa one bedroom -- always booked through Disney. We have never rented points.

We don't rent points because:

1. We usually get a good discount of some kind on the villa, bringing the price much closer in line with the cost of renting points, especially when you add in the daily cleaning/maid service which is a must for us on vacation and comes with the room when you book with Disney.

2. We need the flexibility to cancel if work commitments come up. With Disney, you can cancel up to 5 days prior to your arrival and receive a full refund and even a cancellation within that last 5 days only incurs a one night charge. By contrast, points rentals must be arranged far in advance, paid for and really can't be cancelled or changed.

3. As mentioned above, we want daily maid service when we are on vacation.

4. With points rentals, you have to trust a stranger. With Disney, you know you are dealing with a reputable company.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #7
glocon
DIS Veteran

I would love to someday stay in the Treehouse Villas someday. So not in our budget but it is a dream... Just trying to figure out options. Would these be included in a room only discount ever?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
lsbgvadvcer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
I would love to someday stay in the Treehouse Villas someday. So not in our budget but it is a dream... Just trying to figure out options. Would these be included in a room only discount ever?
To get a treehouse you'd most likely have to do a points rental through a member that owns at Saratoga Springs. They book up fast and I don't think they ever become available through Disney central reservations.
lsbgvadvcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
glocon
DIS Veteran

That explains why I can't get info from wdw website no matter what dates I put in....

Rats...
Old 06-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #10
CNYDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Hi. I'm going to Disney World with my family next May. We're looking into staying on property, possibly in a villa. When can we book it?
CNYDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
tobikaye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYDisneyFan View Post
Hi. I'm going to Disney World with my family next May. We're looking into staying on property, possibly in a villa. When can we book it?

You can make reservations via phone with WDW up to 499 days out, but the pricing is usually an estimate and listed at the highest price of the current year and then adjusted once the pricing is finalized. Pricing is usually finalized about August for the following year. The website will update some time after that.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Walt Disney
tobikaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbgvadvcer View Post
To get a treehouse you'd most likely have to do a points rental through a member that owns at Saratoga Springs. They book up fast and I don't think they ever become available through Disney central reservations.
I've seen the Treehouse Villas available through Disney for cash reservations several times over the past year when I was planning our trips.

I just checked and was able to see availability for the Treehouse Villas 12/5/2013 through 12/11/2013 on the WDW website.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: