DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

Which company is best when buying resale?

So I've decided to take the resale option over buying direct for our first DVC purchase! Now, the question is: What company is best to work with? Who has the best selection, pricing, service, followup, timing, title companies? I've only glanced at Fidelity & TSS. Seems like there's some mixed opinions there.

Thanks in advance!
Disney Mom Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
Countryrunner262
Mouseketeer

We have been extremely happy with TSS so far. They have had great communication and the process has went super smooth and fast!!
Countryrunner262 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
DVC Mike

DVC Member @ BLT, VGC, VWL, BWV, BCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryrunner262 View Post
We have been extremely happy with TSS so far. They have had great communication and the process has went super smooth and fast!!
Agreed. I've bought and sold using TSS and have had great service.

My DVC Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

DVC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
susanjf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryrunner262 View Post
I think we'll try there too. Saw a contract at Sell My Timeshare now - sent 3 e-mails and called once. No return call yet. Got an e-mail saying they would have someone get in touch. Had an e-mail asking for a good time to call - replied twice.. No call. So, thinking it's time to move on! Will contact TSS!
susanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

We had great experiences with DVC by Resale (Shontell) & TSS & their respective title companies (Timeshare, Title, & More for DVC by Resale & Magic Vacation Title for TSS). We found contracts that fit our needs & budget. The service was fast & professional with both brokers & title companies.

Last edited by NoleFan; 06-14-2013 at 07:41 AM.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We've had great experiences with TSS and DVC by resale...stay FAR away from sell my timeshare now. We waiting over a month before we heard from them...already had another offer accepted with DVC by Resale!
Old 06-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
susanjf
Earning My Ears

Great advice on here!

Will run fast from Sell My Timeshare Now - and move on to the ones recommended!
susanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mom Dani View Post
So I've decided to take the resale option over buying direct for our first DVC purchase! Now, the question is: What company is best to work with? Who has the best selection, pricing, service, followup, timing, title companies? I've only glanced at Fidelity & TSS. Seems like there's some mixed opinions there.

Thanks in advance!
Look around at the posts you will find the majority are happy with those that sponsor the Dis boards. We didn't check first and found a great deal using a lesser known broker.

We used Timeshare Broker Services I wanted to warn anyone considering using TBS to be ready for a GONG show. Slow painful agonizing ordeal. Excuses galore and a lack of communication are the norm. I waited until we were done to complain to BBB, on DIS boards and Angie's List. Wish I had checked here first.

Hope you did not use Timeshare Broker Services we did and here is our timeline

12/28 submitted offer.
12/31 offer accepted wait for contract to be processed
1/9 contract arrives day before only a week lost, it is signed and escrow sent via CC
1/25 after many calls and emails find that contract had been submitted for ROFR that day not 15 days earlier. No explanation from TBS
2/25 passed ROFR 30 days No one calls. We find out when closing Doc's are emailed from Timeshare Closing Services our agent there is battling flu.
She tells me my TBS agent is no longer working there. Was she fired quit
2/26 Closing documents reviewed $$$ mistake $$$ discovered
3/4 Corrected statement signed and wired balance of contract it took a week to move charge from buyer to seller column???? Agent was sick so ok
4/3 Owners finally send back signed corrected contract TBS would not contact owners. Would not return my calls. Closing agent said to be patient after 3 weeks had passed. Normal to take 3 month plus to close???? I think they had snail mailed them from a couple of comments closing agent made.
4/4 Opps they forgot to send back a signed DEED
4/8 Deed sent back FedEx after I say I will pay for it. Arrives next day, who uses snail mail anymore for property transactions
4/9 Electronically submitted to County
4/10 Sent to Disney expected wait 2 weeks
4/12 Try to rent points on board. DIS member mentions 30% off discount on rooms. Thanks to those folks!! Exhausted I book trip in June to WDW thru Disney pay $$$ No longer stressed we will make it to Disney in June one way or another. Just more $$$
4/14 Waiting still Waiting
4/19 Receive membership number in mail oh happy day
4/20 Call Member Services they book reservation and activate my online account. Cancel rooms with Disney
4/21 Warn others on forum, BBB and Angie's List.

Doing your homework is a SMART move!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

The best one is the one that has the contract you want. It's only if your desired contract is not hard to come by that this matters.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Whichever company is selling the right contract for you
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #11
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

I agree...whoever has the best contract that u have been looking for...but stay with one of the top four..I used timeshare for my first three and was very happy, but used DVC by Resale for our VWL cause they had a contract I wanted...also excellent service...from start to finish six weeks total (offer to getting points in the system)! And that was just last month!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
JWG
DIS Veteran

Agree. Whoever has the contract you want. Understanding Fidelity will be a longer process usually. But, really, in FL with all the timeshare rules - anyone who has the contract.

JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #13
Disney Mom Dani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG
Agree. Whoever has the contract you want. Understanding Fidelity will be a longer process usually. But, really, in FL with all the timeshare rules - anyone who has the contract.
Yes, it's hard because Fidelity seems to have the most attractive listings...but TSS seems to be getting the best service reviews. Decisions Decisions
Disney Mom Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #14
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mom Dani View Post
Yes, it's hard because Fidelity seems to have the most attractive listings...but TSS seems to be getting the best service reviews. Decisions Decisions
There are 2 other out there that have really good service also. Go with the best contract for YOU! If you find one through Fidelity just realize you are probably getting the better price. With that being said I just had my 3rd contract sent to Disney for ROFR and I am so relieved it is with one of the brokers with great communication, 1st 2 were with Fidelity and all was fine they are just swamped!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #15
JustTinking
DVC Member since 2002

I've been keeping an eye on the major resellers the past few months and I don't see much difference between Fidelity and the others. Asking prices are similar. Given Fidelity's process is more cumbersome (or at least that's what other posts have said) I would be inclined to go with TSS or another. Am I missing something?

JustTinking is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: