|06-05-2013, 11:29 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Beach Club or a FW Cabin - Which One Would YOU Choose?
Background: We originally had a reservation at CR for 9/14 through 9/24. However, due to DH's work schedule changing, we're unable to go to the beach this month like we normally do. So, we decided to combine our Disney trip w/ a beach trip & change resorts. Now our plan is to be on the beach from 9/14 through 9/17, leave the beach early morning on 9/18, & arrive at our Disney resort on 9/18 sometime around 9ish to check-in & then go to a park. We'll leave WDW on 9/24, as originally planned.
9/14 - 9/17 - St. Augustine
9/18 - 9/24 - WDW
We're currently trying to decide between the Beach Club & a FW cabin. DH has been leaning toward FW, while I've been leaning toward the Beach Club. We talked some more this morning, & I think we decided on the BC. So I emailed our AAA agent to change our reservation to BC. However, she hasn't emailed me back yet, and I'm already second-guessing myself.
Here are my Pros/Cons for the Beach Club:
* Walk to EPCOT
* Stormalong Bay
* Always wanted to try an EPCOT resort
* No internal buses
* Since the beginning of our trip is in St. Augustine, we're kinda continuing the beach theme of the trip
* Instead of Chef Mickey's, we could try Cape May Café character breakfast - a new experience for us
* With gardenview, our view may or may not be nice
* Some rooms at Beach Club just have Juliet balconies
* Our room could be pretty far away from everything
* Bus to MK, so you're w/ the masses at the bus station at the MK after Wishes
* Not a very good quick-service
* Will never need to ride the monorail
Here are my Pros/Cons for FW:
* Boat to MK (although it can be a lengthy boat ride)
* Boat dock is straight in front of the MK
* Campground atmosphere is peaceful & rustic kinda like a step back in time
* Car is right by our cabin for driving purposes to EPCOT, DHS, & AK
* Nightly Electric Boat Parade
* We're still at a MK resort
* Would probably schedule Hoop Dee Doo - which has been on our Disney "to do" list for several years
* Can take the boat to Chef Mickeys & then monorail to EPCOT
* Internal buses
* Slow boat ride
* No quick-service
* In a cabin, you're kinda away from the Disney hustle & bustle so you lose a little of the atmosphere
* Every time we ride the boat, we see the Contemporary, our favorite resort - might make us wish we were there...
So, w/ the above noted, for me, the 2 main advantages to FW are (1) boat dock at the MK & (2) lower price; the main disadvantage is the internal bus.
The 2 main advantages to Beach Club are (1) it's a deluxe resort w/ beachy theme-ing & (2) walk to EPCOT; the main disadvantage is the bus station at the MK after Wishes.
In our previous visits, we've stayed at the CR, FW, & the WL, so this would be our first time not staying at a MK area resort. I'm afraid we might miss the MK area, but, again, we've talked several times about staying at an EPCOT resort. DH really likes the Boardwalk area in the evenings; however, he also likes the Electric Boat Parade.
Again, I've emailed our AAA agent to tell her we want BC. But, now, I'm wondering if we made the right choice.
Did I make the right choice w/ the Beach Club, or should we switch to a FW cabin?
"All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust!"
(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 12 years) (DS, 4 years)
Last edited by Wendy31; 06-05-2013 at 11:38 AM.
|06-05-2013, 11:37 AM||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|06-05-2013, 11:40 AM||#3|
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Got my way
Join Date: Jul 2001
BC, no doubt! You can still see the EWP and schedule Hoop Dee Doo if you are interested in those things. But as far as comparing the two resorts there really is no comparison. BC is amazing!
Erika Murphy - DISney Obsessed Mom of 2 Mouseketeers Annual Passholder & D23 Member
Seen on The Travel Channel as the ULTIMATE Disney Fan!
Follow me: www.twitter.com/Erika_Murphyalso on: www.pinterest.com/erikamurphy12
Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 * Boardwalk Inn 2013, 2006, 1998 * Boardwalk Villas 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Villas 2012, 2011, 2008 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2012, 2011, 2008 * Beach Club Villas 2014, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Wilderness Lodge 2004 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge 2011, 2004 * Saratoga Springs 2007
March 2014 - Atrium Club at CR for my B-day!!
|06-05-2013, 12:00 PM||#4|
Join Date: Nov 2005
BC for the pool, the location and the nice room decor.
|06-05-2013, 12:11 PM||#5|
Join Date: Apr 2010
LOVE Epcot Area resorts! Pick the BC!!!!
Two advantages you missed:
The Boardwalk - it is so nice to walk around and see the evening entertainment, ride surrey bikes -super quick walk over
Beaches & Cream! - No way Jose! Best sundae ever!
|06-05-2013, 12:20 PM||#6|
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Easy choice. Beach Club. The internal bus system at FW is a headache. If you like the "woodsy" theme, go for the WL and you will still all the advantages of an MK resort. But the Beach Club is awesome, and Stormalong Bay the best resort pool on property.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|