Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
hardrock01
Mouseketeer

If you could design your own disney resort hotel

What would you like to see as a disney themed resort/hotel. I think a Star Wars themed hotel near the monorail would be cool.Make it very futuristic and have a restaurant at the hotel that was like the bar scene in the first Star Wars movie! Maybe even a hotel like Jabba's palace would be cool!

see what everyone thinks!! you all are very creative!!
Disdad member #651
Dis dad , DW and DS. World Travelers solving the world's problems one trip at a time!!
hardrock01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Being an architect, I have always been intrigued by this question myself.

I would like to see a resort that celebrates Walt's life and talents. It would focus on his love of trains, by being accessed by train and have a train theme. One of the guys in our office takes his grandkids to Lancaster, PA to stay at a hotel which you stay in a train car. I would design it similar to that.

I would like it to celebrate things that he developed like the Mouseketeers and the Wonderful World of Disney, his wildlife documentaries, etc.

Kind of like an extension of the attraction of DHS. I think sometime we overlook how much Walt did during his career. Like a museum to him.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.

Last edited by Missytara; 05-19-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
mymankeith
Mouseketeer

My favorite holiday is Halloween, and I love The Tower of Terror and The Haunted Mansion, and I always thought it would be cool to have a haunted looking type of resort. Little kids might not love it.... but I would. LOL
mymankeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymankeith View Post
My favorite holiday is Halloween, and I love The Tower of Terror and The Haunted Mansion, and I always thought it would be cool to have a haunted looking type of resort. Little kids might not love it.... but I would. LOL
I always thought it would be cool to have a Hollywood Tower Hotel on property, near DHS. Maybe it could be themed pre-lightning strike so that it wouldn't be quite as scary.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
HairyChest
Mouseketeer

Snow Lodge

It would be similar to the wilderness lodge but you would have manmade snow there and makeing it come down at certain times throughout the day/evening.
HairyChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Not everyone can make it during Christmas holiday.. so a Christmas all year round theme would be nice.. Beauty and the Beast characters would be there in their Christmas outfit and the rest of the gang from the Beauty and the Beast movie. The whole entire resort and restaurants would be decked out with Christmas decorations.
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #7
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
I always thought it would be cool to have a Hollywood Tower Hotel on property, near DHS. Maybe it could be themed pre-lightning strike so that it wouldn't be quite as scary.
I would be one of the first guests at a resort like that! Where could a resort like that go? It would make sense for it to be very close to HS, within walking distance or boat transportation--but I don't this there is space left in the whole Boardwalk/BC/Swalphin area. Plus, you wouldn't want a tall structure to detract from the TOT ride at HS...
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
sjc011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Being an architect, I have always been intrigued by this question myself.

I would like to see a resort that celebrates Walt's life and talents. It would focus on his love of trains, by being accessed by train and have a train theme. One of the guys in our office takes his grandkids to Lancaster, PA to stay at a hotel which you stay in a train car. I would design it similar to that.

I would like it to celebrate things that he developed like the Mouseketeers and the Wonderful World of Disney, his wildlife documentaries, etc.

Kind of like an extension of the attraction of DHS. I think sometime we overlook how much Walt did during his career. Like a museum to him.
That's a cool idea! I never thought of that, but it makes sense! Hopefully, some Imagineer overhears your idea and makes it happen
sjc011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #9
TheSilverTherapist
The Geekiest Guy You've Ever Met

Two words that turn into one word: Steam Punk.

Urban victorian style, lots of pipes, lots of gears, copper and brass galore, maybe a few Tesla coils for fun.

All the pipes and tubes make theming the pool easy.
Sep 2008 - CSR (1st Wedding Anniversary) Sep 2009 - BCV
Sep 2013 - AoA, OKW (30th Birthday)

TheSilverTherapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #10
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

I would take an existing theme and upgrade the amenities!! Think current value resorts meet Disney deluxe resorts
I would love to see a deluxe hotel that is larger than life icons (like Pop, ASMo and AOA) with multiple themed pools with slides, hot tubs and maybe even a beach. Rooms in this hotel would have queen beds and plusher linens, separate bathrooms with two sinks, an option for a balcony. Table service restaurant as well as a CS restaurant maybe on the monorail or at very least boat transportation.

The one thing that keeps me from wanting to go to a mod or deluxe is because our family loves the whole fun theme. We do not think the mods and deluxe scream Disney. I have often wished for a hotel like I mentioned above. It stinks that to get more deluxe amenities you have to loose the over the top kid fun themes!!
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #11
ConvenientTruth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
I would take an existing theme and upgrade the amenities!! Think current value resorts meet Disney deluxe resorts
I would love to see a deluxe hotel that is larger than life icons (like Pop, ASMo and AOA) with multiple themed pools with slides, hot tubs and maybe even a beach. Rooms in this hotel would have queen beds and plusher linens, separate bathrooms with two sinks, an option for a balcony. Table service restaurant as well as a CS restaurant maybe on the monorail or at very least boat transportation.

The one thing that keeps me from wanting to go to a mod or deluxe is because our family loves the whole fun theme. We do not think the mods and deluxe scream Disney. I have often wished for a hotel like I mentioned above. It stinks that to get more deluxe amenities you have to loose the over the top kid fun themes!!
I really like this idea....I love the "in your face" Disney feel of the Value resorts and would love to see that for a Deluxe Resort.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #12
hardrock01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post
I really like this idea....I love the "in your face" Disney feel of the Value resorts and would love to see that for a Deluxe Resort.
I also agree this combination feel is missing at the resorts!!
Disdad member #651
Dis dad , DW and DS. World Travelers solving the world's problems one trip at a time!!
hardrock01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #13
Lisa0620
Mouseketeer

Not so much about the theming, but the actual design of the rooms. I've always been disappointed that Disney didn't do something better than "2 beds in a room" for their room design. Family suites are nice, but they cost more than 2 rooms and they're in value resorts so no pool slides. Besides the expense (yes, even on points) the DVC 1 bedrooms "spend" so much of their space on the kitchen and bath areas, but don't have such great sleeping options for the kids.

I would love to see "room and a half" type rooms in a Moderate level resort. Similar to what Great Wolf lodge and Nickelodeon have done where the kids get their own semi-private space with bunk beds and their own tv and the adults get a queen or king sized bed in a space of their own.
Lisa0620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
SeniorWoodchuck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I would like to see a resort that celebrates Walt's life and talents... I would like it to celebrate things that he developed like the Mouseketeers and the Wonderful World of Disney, his wildlife documentaries, etc.

GREAT idea!!!

Quote:
I have always been stuck on a name. You can't call it Disney resort, because, well you know, that is the whole darn place..
How about "Walt's House"?
SeniorWoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #15
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc011

That's a cool idea! I never thought of that, but it makes sense! Hopefully, some Imagineer overhears your idea and makes it happen
I have always been stuck on a name. You can't call it Disney resort, because, well you know, that is the whole darn place.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: