DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
RobynPrincess
Looking around
 
RobynPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 731

Made our first offer...

We made our first offer on a resale yesterday :D I am dealing with Shawn at fidelity, I called to ask a few questions and then emailed 10 mins later and got a reply as I hadn't included something and I replied right away and haven't heard anything since. Is that normal? I would have thought she might email back saying thanks I'm sending the offer now or something? Sorry as I said this is still new to me so any advice would be great thank you don't want to email again and get annoying especially as its only been 1 day, do I just assume she sent the owners our offer?

Thanks for your help
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
jlreimer
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16

I just completed a purchase using Fidelity. While they get some of the best deals, they tend to not reply very quickly. Best thing to do is just call them. They are always very friendly on the phone. E-mail was a challenge; calling them was not...
jlreimer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
RobynPrincess
Looking around
 
RobynPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 731

Thank you for replying, it's just such a pain calling from the UK. I will give it until tomorrow and see if I get any emails and if not ill give them a call
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
Sheri in CT
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 116

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Good luck! We just made our first offer, too!
Sheri in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
NoleFan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri in CT View Post
Good luck! We just made our first offer, too!
what resort did you decide on? Good luck!
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
Sheri in CT
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 116

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
what resort did you decide on? Good luck!
We made an offer on OKW, but I am still hoping to find 100 at Wilderness Lodge.
Sheri in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
moran66
Mouseketeer
 
moran66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
We made our first offer on a resale yesterday :D I am dealing with Shawn at fidelity, I called to ask a few questions and then emailed 10 mins later and got a reply as I hadn't included something and I replied right away and haven't heard anything since. Is that normal? I would have thought she might email back saying thanks I'm sending the offer now or something? Sorry as I said this is still new to me so any advice would be great thank you don't want to email again and get annoying especially as its only been 1 day, do I just assume she sent the owners our offer?

Thanks for your help
I am currently dealing with Shawn waiting for a contract to go through ROFR. What you are going though is completely normal unfortunately. She is slow because they have alot of contracts to deal with but she is effective so stay on her lol .. good luck
__________________
DD4 DD 2 DW Me
moran66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #8
RobynPrincess
Looking around
 
RobynPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 731

Quote:
Originally Posted by moran66 View Post
I am currently dealing with Shawn waiting for a contract to go through ROFR. What you are going though is completely normal unfortunately. She is slow because they have alot of contracts to deal with but she is effective so stay on her lol .. good luck
Thanks very much for the reply, she seems really nice! Good luck with your ROFR



I did have another question, we have made an offer and not heard back yet but have seen a new contract today listed with fidelity also. Would it be okay to make an offer on another contract while still having an offer for the first contract waiting? Or is that considered bad form?
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran
 
lovin'fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
Thanks very much for the reply, she seems really nice! Good luck with your ROFR



I did have another question, we have made an offer and not heard back yet but have seen a new contract today listed with fidelity also. Would it be okay to make an offer on another contract while still having an offer for the first contract waiting? Or is that considered bad form?
You can do that. Some folks make many offers at once and go with the best one...not to say that I think that is or isn't the right thing to do...but you haven't heard back on the other offer nor signed any contract.
__________________
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Nov 3-6 at VWL
Aug 8-14 at BWV and AKV
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
moran66
Mouseketeer
 
moran66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
Thanks very much for the reply, she seems really nice! Good luck with your ROFR



I did have another question, we have made an offer and not heard back yet but have seen a new contract today listed with fidelity also. Would it be okay to make an offer on another contract while still having an offer for the first contract waiting? Or is that considered bad form?


Yes absolutely you can make another offer if you see something better. Especially with Fidelity. What I did was I made two offers and the one I was less interested in (OKW first offer) got back to me with a counter and I said before I counter that one I would like to see what the other offer (at AKL) said sure enough they took my initial offer on AKL at 58$ per point 160 points. If I remember correctly it took about a week and a half to get the offer accepted. Here is a tip she checks her email often and if she wants to get back to you she will pretty quickly. She is very nice and effective like I said before but I just think they have a lot of people to deal with since what I have heard is Disney refers people interested in selling their contracts to them thats why they have a lot more than other sites and of course that brings more buyers in also.
__________________
DD4 DD 2 DW Me
moran66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #11
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess

Thanks very much for the reply, she seems really nice! Good luck with your ROFR

I did have another question, we have made an offer and not heard back yet but have seen a new contract today listed with fidelity also. Would it be okay to make an offer on another contract while still having an offer for the first contract waiting? Or is that considered bad form?
Many on here would consider that bad form as it is not negotiating in good faith. If you only intend to purchase one contract and both sellers accept your offer, you are in a bad spot. A good way to avoid this is to put an expiration date on your offer, usually 24 hours or end of business that day.
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
moran66
Mouseketeer
 
moran66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
Many on here would consider that bad form as it is not negotiating in good faith. If you only intend to purchase one contract and both sellers accept your offer, you are in a bad spot. A good way to avoid this is to put an expiration date on your offer, usually 24 hours or end of business that day.

I am guessing this is a sellers point of view which is understandable but I still dont see a problem with it nor consider it bad form.. By this logic the seller should only accept one offer and deal with one person and not play the bidding war game either. If you want a good price make what offers you see fit.
__________________
DD4 DD 2 DW Me
moran66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #13
dbs1228
DIS Veteran
 
dbs1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by moran66 View Post
I am guessing this is a sellers point of view which is understandable but I still dont see a problem with it nor consider it bad form.. By this logic the seller should only accept one offer and deal with one person and not play the bidding war game either. If you want a good price make what offers you see fit.
I disagree with this statement! Say you make an offer on 2 contracts and the sellers of those contracts agree to accept your offer (no negotiating) now you have to choose and come back and say "no we changed our mind" then you are in a sense breaking a verbal contract! As a seller we are legally obligated to accept a full price offer if we change our minds we are legally obligated to pay the commission. Its just bad business. btw I have sold and bought resale.
__________________
1995 - 2010 Ft Wilderness Cabins every year! OKW, BLT 2010 & 2011 AKV 2011 THV 2012




dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.