Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
cbeeindisney
DIS Veteran

If you had to choose...

between an upgrade from a Value to a Moderate resort or an upgrade from standard DDP to the Deluxe DDP, which would you choose?

What would be more important to you while on your vacation? I'm debating myself between the two, but I'm also curious to see what your thoughts are for yourself and your needs during a Disney stay. FYI- I won't be traveling with any kids, just DF and I.

Thanks in advance!

ME (28) DF (29)
cbeeindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
sjw4870
DIS Veteran

I'd take the resort upgrade. I love to eat, but think 3 sit down meals would just be too much food and too much time spent in restaurants.
sjw4870 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
splashmtnfan
Mouseketeer

Resort Upgrade

I just think the resort upgrade makes more sense because there is SO much FOOD on the Deluxe Dining Plan... I feel the nicer hotel stay would be better, fewer reservations to make and be on time for... and I think the regular dining plan has PLENTY of food options and making it to ONE reservation is ENOUGH for my family, I would feel like we were constantly running to reservations!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

DH and I never use the dining plan. We would take the resort upgrade.
ilovemk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

The resort upgrade. The standard dining plan is plenty of food, I couldn't eat enough to justify the deluxe dining plan.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Standard DDP suits us perfectly; Deluxe would simply be too much food.

I would take the resort upgrade.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeeindisney View Post
between an upgrade from a Value to a Moderate resort or an upgrade from standard DDP to the Deluxe DDP, which would you choose?

What would be more important to you while on your vacation? I'm debating myself between the two, but I'm also curious to see what your thoughts are for yourself and your needs during a Disney stay. FYI- I won't be traveling with any kids, just DF and I.

Thanks in advance!
I agree with everyone else.....I'd go with the resort upgrade. We have done both the DDP and DlxDDP and while we did like the deluxe plan, I'd take a moderate with DDP over a value resort with DlxDDP.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
maggieb9975
DIS Veteran

My adult DD and I did deluxe dining once and found it was just too much. Too much food and time. There were times it felt like a chore to go to another ADR when we were tired etc. Regular dining plan is just right for us.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Agree with all PP - I would upgrade my resort! Way to much food.....
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

1971DBday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

I was thinking about the same thing. I'm glad you posted this I was thinking about DxDP to try different options and more signature restaurants, but it seems like an awful lot of food (an appetizer and dessert for each person at every meal? I think I might die!)
Old 05-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #11
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

We opted for the deluxe dining plan, because we wanted to do the dinner shows and signature restaurants and have all of our meals covered.

We will see how this goes, but I think it will work for us and how we do things, but everyone is different.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:01 AM   #12
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Resort upgrade. Did the DlxDP once - no desire ever again. Even on the DDP we have too many CS to use at the end of our trip...
Old 05-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #13
disd55
Mouseketeer

Honestly, my family would never ever be staying at a Value resort, so upgraded dining plan. We think those resorts are too loud and cheesy. That's just my opinion.
disd55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:26 AM   #14
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeeindisney View Post

Thanks in advance!
I guess I'm in the minority!!
I have absolutely NO desire to stay at a resort that is large enough to require an internal bus!! BUT, that said, I have mobility issues, so loading and unloading from a bus is a timely undertaking for me...it's not like I just hop on, hop off... and then there's the issue of multiple stops within the resort. so will there be room to load me when the bus comes around to pick up to go to a park?? So that throws out POR. And CBR is getting horrible reviews until they do a refurb (and they only have double beds so why pay more $$ for the same size bed) I didn't like the style of the resort anyway. I don't use the pools and as long as they allow kids in the hot tubs, I doubt I'd use them either... (I do like how DCL has family hot tubs and Adult only hot tubs! ) So that only leaves POFQ and it doesn't 'feel' very 'Disney like' to me... But I guess that is just me!!!
I'd enjoy being able to try the 'siggie' restaurants I want and not having to worry. It would be very similar to eating DCL (or as close as possible) IMHO. So I would opt to stay value (but I'd stay at POP or AoA, No All Stars) but do the Deluxe dining. That's my vote.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:31 AM   #15
lizzi6692
DIS Veteran

For us, a resort is just a place to sleep. As long as the beds are comfortable and the room is clean, we're happy. And we like to eat and we like to eat at nice places, so we would choose the DxDP upgrade. And I truly don't understand the people that say it's a chore to get to two reservations a day(we're doing DxDP on the upcoming trip and we're only doing 2 ADRs a day because almost have of ours are signature restaurants) we always have at least one ADR a day and it isn't difficult at all to make sure were there at the scheduled time. You have to eat at least twice a day anyway, why not make it a meal where you can sit down and relax for awhile? We tend to go commando the rest of the day so those two breaks are great for us and make it so we're able to go hard the rest of the day.

Previous Trips:
September 2010: Caribbean Beach
May 2011: Coronado Springs
December 2011: Pop Century
Next Trip:
December 2013: Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report

Last edited by lizzi6692; 05-13-2013 at 02:36 AM.
lizzi6692 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: