Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
jmccarv
Earning My Ears

No FD or discount for the BCV we booked. What to do?

It's been our dream to stay on site. We have always stayed off site in a timeshare. We wanted to stay in a villa since we are used to having separate sleeping quarters for our kids, ages 9 & 12. We booked the BCV one bedroom in Sept. We wanted to go all out since it would be our first time on site. I called when FD was advertised and was told our room does not have FD option, they are all booked for the BC, but we can get a 30% discount if we stay at the BWV instead. Do we switch to BWV or stay at BCV? We were excited to stay at BCV with Stormaway Bay. Any suggestions?
jmccarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
johnnyblz20
Mouseketeer

I will say the pool at BC is amazing and IMO probably the best of any of the resorts. You just have to think what is more important for you and what you can afford. Is the FD going to allow you to do more with your family or would you rather be able to do Stormalong bay.
johnnyblz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Been to wdw over thirty times. Not a fan of the dp. Take the room discount knowing you are getting the better deal. Then eat when,where and what you want. The more we go the more we enjoy the eclectic counter service options. Have a great time. Bwv are very nice. Could not pass up thirty off.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I agree that you really have to decide if Stormalong Bay is worth the price difference. In general, the one bedroom villas at BW and BC are very similiar (different theme, but same set-up). I like BC villas, but the price discounts at BWV are big enough that I usually stay the BW now.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I've stayed in both. They are both themed the same (cottage beachy relaxed feel). I would go with BWV to save the 30% -I'm guessing that has to be quite a chunk of $$ over rack rate at BCV. If you don't mind, could you tell us what the price difference is? While SAB was great, it was always crowded & hard to keep an eye on the kids. We ended up using the quiet pool at BCV more than SAB.

If having a themed pool area is important to you, compare prices on the BWV with the 30% AND get the water parks & more ticket option - versus BCV with SAB. You may still come out ahead by using the room discount at BWV and adding water parks & more to your park tickets. Then you have the options of BB or TL (as well as mini golf & DQ) on your ticket.

As much as I LOVE BC, I think BW is my favorite. Have fun no matter what you decide!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Did they have the discount available at the Yacht Club? That way you could still use Storm Along Bay.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
jmccarv
Earning My Ears

The discount was big $1200.00. That would be our airfare.
You can use SAB with Yacht Club? Does Yacht Club have separate sleeping?
Also is the disney express a pain or should we rent? I'm hearing complaints about travel times to MCO and to parks and DTD. So many ?'s since we never stayed on site before. We are used to a 2 bedroom timeshare with rental car 5 minutes from magic kingdom.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #8
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

It would be a standard room at the Yacht Club. I thought if the pool area was important, that may be an option for you.

How many nights are you staying? Maybe you could do a split stay, and do a couple of nights in a regular room at the Yacht or Beach Club, so that the kids could still get to spend some time in Storm Along Bay. Maybe do a villa at the Boardwalk, then move over to the Yacht Club for a couple of nights?

As far as Magical Express goes, I have only found it to be a pain late at night. Any other time it works just fine. I would save the money and use Magical Express to get to your resort and Disney transportation to get around the parks.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
woodkins
DIS Veteran

See if you can rent points for the BCV. It will most likely be a lot cheaper than booking directly with disney & you can put the savings toward your meals.

7/14 BC, 4/14 ASSP, 10/13 POLY, 8/13 WL, 4/13 WORLDS @ASMu, 11/12 Aulani 9/12 AKL, 7/12 BC, 10/11 POLY, 9/10 POLY, 12/09 POP, 9/09 GF, 2/09 POFQ, 12/08 POLY, 5/08 POLY, 12/07 POLY, 5/07 ASSp, 12/07 CB, 9/07 AKL, 12/06 ASMo, 9/06 WL,
woodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
See if you can rent points for the BCV. It will most likely be a lot cheaper than booking directly with disney & you can put the savings toward your meals.
There likely isn't much availability at BCV or BWV four months out for renting points.

I'd take the discount at BWV. SAB is a great pool, but not $1200 great. Think about all you could do with the extra money. Luna Park pool is really fun (and the slide is awesome).

SAB will be there on the next trip.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #11
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Overall, I like BWV better and would always choose it over BCV. We got to use Stormalong Bay one trip when the Luna Park pool was closed and we didn't care for it. Little chunks of pools here and there, the lazy river is 8 ft. deep and therefore "scary" to let your kids in, and the sand bottom was very rough and uneven. We also felt the walk from BCV out to the main area and the boat felt more tedious than Boardwalk.

We love the Boardwalk for the atmosphere, walking along at night, stopping in the shops, grabbing a Red Rocket Ale and apps at Big River Grills after park closing. It's great. The BW boat is last stop before Epcot, and first one coming home. There's nothing bad or negative about staying there. And don't let the "endless hallways" comments get to you. You'll walk the same distance from the boat launch at BWV to your room as you will at BCV, possibly even less. The only difference is that it's all the same thing at BWV, whereas at BCV you'll go through the waterfront, lobby, down the hallway past the store, outside past the quiet pool, then inside the villas building, down the hallways, on the elevator - believe me, there's a lot of walking there too!

If you're used to driving, you may get annoyed at the Disney buses. But I would definitely recommend ME from the airport, then if you decide you want a car, just walk over to the Swan/Dolphin and rent one there. We drive everywhere, but when staying at BWV, we take the boat to DHS and Epcot. The bus to MK, DTD and the water parks can be frustrating. You get picked up at BW, go out on the main road, turn in to the Swan, out to the main road, turn into the Dolphin, then finally on your way. You'll do the same thing plus Yacht Club and Beach Club for DTD.

If you're getting park hoppers, then the WPF&M add-on is great, only $22 each. You also get mini-golf before 4:00 pm and you can go over to Fantasia Gardens. At that price, it's worth it to go to water parks for the lazy river and wave pool only!

Good luck!!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccarv View Post
You can use SAB with Yacht Club? Does Yacht Club have separate sleeping?
Also is the disney express a pain or should we rent? I'm hearing complaints about travel times to MCO and to parks and DTD. So many ?'s since we never stayed on site before. We are used to a 2 bedroom timeshare with rental car 5 minutes from magic kingdom.
That's a pretty good savings. I agree that I would take the discount and stay at BWV. We've stayed at the BC and while SAB is nice, it's not $1200 nice. YC and BC share SAB, but YC does not have villas. You would probably have to go with a 2 bedroom suite for a separate sleeping area for the kids. I can't comment on DME as we've never used it.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #13
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccarv View Post

We've only stayed at the BCV's but I've heard that the BWV's are very nice. And the BWV's are really close to Hollywood Studios. I've heard that the pool has a great slide.

The ME - Magical Express - from the airport is very convenient. If you check your luggage, rather than carry it on board, it can be delivered directly to your hotel room. And the best part is that it is free.

The buses to the parks, MK and AK are fine. From the BWI they usually share with the Swan and Dolphin resorts. The best part about staying at the Epcot resorts is that you can walk into Epcot and HS.

The DTD bus is not so great. But that is true for all the resorts, not just the BCV or BWI. You could always take a taxi.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #14
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

We own at BCV but I don't think the pool is $1200 better than BWV.

I have stayed at the EPCOT resort area more times than I can count and I have never thought the bus system was annoying. Depending on the route we often get off at the Swan and walk to BWI/BWV.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #15
jmccarv
Earning My Ears

Im so torn! I've been visiting WDW since 1978. My Grandparents brought me when kids flew free on TWA and stayed in hotels for free. The MK was the only Disney park and you had to buy tickets for each ride. After 3 years/visits, they purchased a timeshare close to the MK gates, so I have never stayed at a Disney resort. This will be a once in a lifetime stay at a Disney Resort, since we still have the timeshare, unless we win the lotto. My dream would be to stay at the Poly, but we are so used to separate sleeping quarters so I booked BCV, 1 bedroom in Sept for 8 days. The pool and location was a draw for me. We usually visit in May, visit MK & HS for one day, 1/2 day at DTD and boat rental and Epcot for 2 days, then stay at timeshare for pool 2 days. The kids are 9 & 12. They have no idea we are going! My son Loves halloween so I already got MNSS tix. Our fav is Epcot, even the kids and it doesn't hurt that my husband can sample the beers of the world. Second fav is H'S. We aren't big fans of AK, but plan to visit this trip and have lunch at AK resort. We usually eat a big breakfast at our timeshare, skip lunch, get a snack, then a big dinner. The BCV does not have the FD or discount available, so I'm torn if we should take the $1200 discount for a BWV, only bc this will be a one time deal. I'm going to call to see if there are other options after the kids go to school this am. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: