Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!
 
joshsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Granite City, IL
Posts: 4,682

Star Wars Land at WDW??

Would be EXPONENCIALLY more cool than AVATARLAND!! Do I dare to DREAM??? Yes, I do!!!!

http://www.worldofwalt.com/comments-...t-2013-05.html
__________________
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu March 2015 Disneyland! Camelot Inn
joshsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
GWS
Earning My Ears
 
GWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 36

Still nothing official but it would/will be a nice reality if/when it is announced.

I will be patiently waiting for the official word.
GWS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
cruella0108
Earning My Ears
 
cruella0108's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: iowa
Posts: 4

I have been a Star Wars fan forever as well as a Disney fan! I remember going to see the 1st Star Wars film at the theater as a kid in the 70's. I was hooked ever since! I would be soooo ecstatic if they do make a Star Wars land.
cruella0108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
dustysky
DIS Veteran
 
dustysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 956

My son went to a Disney interview a few weeks back and was told something BIG is happening at Hollywood studios but they would not say what. I am not a Star Wars fan at all so this news is not fun for me but maybe that was what they were talking about.
dustysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:03 AM   #5
pork
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustysky View Post
My son went to a Disney interview a few weeks back and was told something BIG is happening at Hollywood studios but they would not say what. I am not a Star Wars fan at all so this news is not fun for me but maybe that was what they were talking about.
Every once of nerd in me cries when someone says they are not a Star Wars fan
pork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
PrincessTeresa
Princess since 1975
 
PrincessTeresa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by pork View Post

Every once of nerd in me cries when someone says they are not a Star Wars fan
Me too!!! We love Star Wars!!!
__________________
Walt Disney World

1977 - 1996 Yearly Trips Off Property

2007 April - Buena Vista Palace Resort and Spa ~ Downtown Disney ~ First WDW trip for DH and DD

2009 September 12-20 Off property

OUR NEXT TRIP ~~~~~~

2010 May29- June 6 Off property

me34 ~ dh35 ~ dd11
PrincessTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
rrushford
Earning My Ears
 
rrushford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 21

I'd like to see them convert disney quest to a Star Wars themed arcade with a Cantina bar restaurant om ground floor where the gift shop is. Most of the attractions there could easily be rethemed.
rrushford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sw FL
Posts: 1,067

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrushford View Post
I'd like to see them convert disney quest to a Star Wars themed arcade with a Cantina bar restaurant om ground floor where the gift shop is. Most of the attractions there could easily be rethemed.
death star laser tag
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran
 
Tonka's Skipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Connecticut in the Good Ole USA
Posts: 4,727

After spending $4,000,000,000 for the franchise I would be very surprised that they don't add a Star Wars land!

Star Wars has a amazing fan base and long legs since the first movie in 1977.


However, its isn't happening until they make it official!


AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
mvk
Mouseketeer
 
mvk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 376

Just was thinking about this some more for DHS (and pulled a bunch of others ideas from this board) -

Tatooine - are currently comprising Indy Jones, Backlot Express, Star Tours, and Tatooine Traders
- Where Indy Jones is, construct Jabba's Palace as a interactive queue area for a Pod Racers attraction, which would be a Dumbo-style spinning ride with different pod racers (Pod Race from Ep1)
- Retheme Backlot Express to Mos Eisley Cantina
- Leave Star Tours and Tatooine Traders as is.

Coruscant - area including Sounds Dangerous, Sci-Fi Dine-in, and Streets of America
- New facade on Sounds Dangerous to make it the Jedi Temple, hosting a Turtle Talk style Master Yoda's Jedi Training Academy
- New facade on Sci-Fi Dine-in to make it the Senate Dome, hosting a TS restaurant on one floor, and an upper floor as a queue for an updated TTA type ride
- Streets of America re-themed to Coruscant buildings
- The TTA type ride would start at the senate dome then take you through the tops of the Coruscant buildings

Naboo - area including Pizza Planet, Mama Melrose's, and Muppet Vision 3D
- Buldings demolished to construct Naboo Falls, a Matterhorn Bobsled style ride through the Naboo palace and over the falls

The next part would require the park to the east, and would require the service road to be re-routed a bit, around the water that runs to the east of the property.

Death Star - would be behind where Mama Melrose's restaraunt is.
- Star Wars villians meet and greet's, including Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Palpatine, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt
- Dark Side of The Force dark ride, takes you through the saga highlighting many of the lightsaber battles
- entrance queue to TIE Fighter vs X-Wing attraction

- TIE Fighter vs X-Wing attraction show building would be just south of the parking lot
- attraction would be two tracks, one would have Tie Fighters, the other X-Wing, both equipped with the Buzz Lightyear shooting technology. Ride cars would be suspended like the Peter Pan ride cars. Tracks would cross each other (obviously at different heights), and there would be targets on the back of ride cars, along with targets along the walls and props alongside. You get points for hitting targets, just like with Buzz.

Endor - To the southeast of where the Death Star would be
- Hero area meet and greet's including Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, R2D2, C3-PO, etc.
- Play area for kids

Another area directly to the east of the Death Star, between Endor and the show building for TIE Fighter vs X-Wing, that would host a TS restaurant. Possibly Hoth?

So it would add 2 E-Tickets in Naboo Falls & TIE vs X, a TTA type cruising ride through Coruscant, a Dumbo style ride in Tatooine, a play area, a couple of meet & greet area's, a enhanced Jedi Training Academy, and a couple of TS restaurants. Would include most major areas of the saga, including Tatooine, Coruscant, Naboo, Endor, and the Death Star.

A lot of these have been brought up by other posters, just wanted to put some ideas together...
mvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #11
TheDisDork
Welcome Home
 
TheDisDork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
Just was thinking about this some more for DHS (and pulled a bunch of others ideas from this board) -

Tatooine - are currently comprising Indy Jones, Backlot Express, Star Tours, and Tatooine Traders
- Where Indy Jones is, construct Jabba's Palace as a interactive queue area for a Pod Racers attraction, which would be a Dumbo-style spinning ride with different pod racers (Pod Race from Ep1)
- Retheme Backlot Express to Mos Eisley Cantina
- Leave Star Tours and Tatooine Traders as is.

Coruscant - area including Sounds Dangerous, Sci-Fi Dine-in, and Streets of America
- New facade on Sounds Dangerous to make it the Jedi Temple, hosting a Turtle Talk style Master Yoda's Jedi Training Academy
- New facade on Sci-Fi Dine-in to make it the Senate Dome, hosting a TS restaurant on one floor, and an upper floor as a queue for an updated TTA type ride
- Streets of America re-themed to Coruscant buildings
- The TTA type ride would start at the senate dome then take you through the tops of the Coruscant buildings

Naboo - area including Pizza Planet, Mama Melrose's, and Muppet Vision 3D
- Buldings demolished to construct Naboo Falls, a Matterhorn Bobsled style ride through the Naboo palace and over the falls

The next part would require the park to the east, and would require the service road to be re-routed a bit, around the water that runs to the east of the property.

Death Star - would be behind where Mama Melrose's restaraunt is.
- Star Wars villians meet and greet's, including Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Palpatine, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt
- Dark Side of The Force dark ride, takes you through the saga highlighting many of the lightsaber battles
- entrance queue to TIE Fighter vs X-Wing attraction

- TIE Fighter vs X-Wing attraction show building would be just south of the parking lot
- attraction would be two tracks, one would have Tie Fighters, the other X-Wing, both equipped with the Buzz Lightyear shooting technology. Ride cars would be suspended like the Peter Pan ride cars. Tracks would cross each other (obviously at different heights), and there would be targets on the back of ride cars, along with targets along the walls and props alongside. You get points for hitting targets, just like with Buzz.

Endor - To the southeast of where the Death Star would be
- Hero area meet and greet's including Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, R2D2, C3-PO, etc.
- Play area for kids

Another area directly to the east of the Death Star, between Endor and the show building for TIE Fighter vs X-Wing, that would host a TS restaurant. Possibly Hoth?

So it would add 2 E-Tickets in Naboo Falls & TIE vs X, a TTA type cruising ride through Coruscant, a Dumbo style ride in Tatooine, a play area, a couple of meet & greet area's, a enhanced Jedi Training Academy, and a couple of TS restaurants. Would include most major areas of the saga, including Tatooine, Coruscant, Naboo, Endor, and the Death Star.

A lot of these have been brought up by other posters, just wanted to put some ideas together...
mvk I really like a lot of these ideas! Very creative!
__________________
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow..."
TheDisDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #12
Michael623
WDW 40 trips, DL 10 trips, DLP 2 trips, Currently WDW AP holder
 
Michael623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Stoughton, MA & OKW
Posts: 1,825

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
Just was thinking about this some more for DHS (and pulled a bunch of others ideas from this board) -

Tatooine - are currently comprising Indy Jones, Backlot Express, Star Tours, and Tatooine Traders
- Where Indy Jones is, construct Jabba's Palace as a interactive queue area for a Pod Racers attraction, which would be a Dumbo-style spinning ride with different pod racers (Pod Race from Ep1)
- Retheme Backlot Express to Mos Eisley Cantina
- Leave Star Tours and Tatooine Traders as is.

Coruscant - area including Sounds Dangerous, Sci-Fi Dine-in, and Streets of America
- New facade on Sounds Dangerous to make it the Jedi Temple, hosting a Turtle Talk style Master Yoda's Jedi Training Academy
- New facade on Sci-Fi Dine-in to make it the Senate Dome, hosting a TS restaurant on one floor, and an upper floor as a queue for an updated TTA type ride
- Streets of America re-themed to Coruscant buildings
- The TTA type ride would start at the senate dome then take you through the tops of the Coruscant buildings

Naboo - area including Pizza Planet, Mama Melrose's, and Muppet Vision 3D
- Buldings demolished to construct Naboo Falls, a Matterhorn Bobsled style ride through the Naboo palace and over the falls

The next part would require the park to the east, and would require the service road to be re-routed a bit, around the water that runs to the east of the property.

Death Star - would be behind where Mama Melrose's restaraunt is.
- Star Wars villians meet and greet's, including Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Palpatine, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt
- Dark Side of The Force dark ride, takes you through the saga highlighting many of the lightsaber battles
- entrance queue to TIE Fighter vs X-Wing attraction

- TIE Fighter vs X-Wing attraction show building would be just south of the parking lot
- attraction would be two tracks, one would have Tie Fighters, the other X-Wing, both equipped with the Buzz Lightyear shooting technology. Ride cars would be suspended like the Peter Pan ride cars. Tracks would cross each other (obviously at different heights), and there would be targets on the back of ride cars, along with targets along the walls and props alongside. You get points for hitting targets, just like with Buzz.

Endor - To the southeast of where the Death Star would be
- Hero area meet and greet's including Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, R2D2, C3-PO, etc.
- Play area for kids

Another area directly to the east of the Death Star, between Endor and the show building for TIE Fighter vs X-Wing, that would host a TS restaurant. Possibly Hoth?

So it would add 2 E-Tickets in Naboo Falls & TIE vs X, a TTA type cruising ride through Coruscant, a Dumbo style ride in Tatooine, a play area, a couple of meet & greet area's, a enhanced Jedi Training Academy, and a couple of TS restaurants. Would include most major areas of the saga, including Tatooine, Coruscant, Naboo, Endor, and the Death Star.

A lot of these have been brought up by other posters, just wanted to put some ideas together...
No Jar Jar Binks meet and greet????
Michael623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
Soarin4Disney
Earning My Ears
 
Soarin4Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
Just was thinking about this some more for DHS (and pulled a bunch of others ideas from this board) -

Tatooine - are currently comprising Indy Jones, Backlot Express, Star Tours, and Tatooine Traders
- Where Indy Jones is, construct Jabba's Palace as a interactive queue area for a Pod Racers attraction, which would be a Dumbo-style spinning ride with different pod racers (Pod Race from Ep1)
- Retheme Backlot Express to Mos Eisley Cantina
- Leave Star Tours and Tatooine Traders as is.

Coruscant - area including Sounds Dangerous, Sci-Fi Dine-in, and Streets of America
- New facade on Sounds Dangerous to make it the Jedi Temple, hosting a Turtle Talk style Master Yoda's Jedi Training Academy
- New facade on Sci-Fi Dine-in to make it the Senate Dome, hosting a TS restaurant on one floor, and an upper floor as a queue for an updated TTA type ride
- Streets of America re-themed to Coruscant buildings
- The TTA type ride would start at the senate dome then take you through the tops of the Coruscant buildings

Naboo - area including Pizza Planet, Mama Melrose's, and Muppet Vision 3D
- Buldings demolished to construct Naboo Falls, a Matterhorn Bobsled style ride through the Naboo palace and over the falls

The next part would require the park to the east, and would require the service road to be re-routed a bit, around the water that runs to the east of the property.

Death Star - would be behind where Mama Melrose's restaraunt is.
- Star Wars villians meet and greet's, including Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Palpatine, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt
- Dark Side of The Force dark ride, takes you through the saga highlighting many of the lightsaber battles
- entrance queue to TIE Fighter vs X-Wing attraction

- TIE Fighter vs X-Wing attraction show building would be just south of the parking lot
- attraction would be two tracks, one would have Tie Fighters, the other X-Wing, both equipped with the Buzz Lightyear shooting technology. Ride cars would be suspended like the Peter Pan ride cars. Tracks would cross each other (obviously at different heights), and there would be targets on the back of ride cars, along with targets along the walls and props alongside. You get points for hitting targets, just like with Buzz.

Endor - To the southeast of where the Death Star would be
- Hero area meet and greet's including Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, R2D2, C3-PO, etc.
- Play area for kids

Another area directly to the east of the Death Star, between Endor and the show building for TIE Fighter vs X-Wing, that would host a TS restaurant. Possibly Hoth?

So it would add 2 E-Tickets in Naboo Falls & TIE vs X, a TTA type cruising ride through Coruscant, a Dumbo style ride in Tatooine, a play area, a couple of meet & greet area's, a enhanced Jedi Training Academy, and a couple of TS restaurants. Would include most major areas of the saga, including Tatooine, Coruscant, Naboo, Endor, and the Death Star.

A lot of these have been brought up by other posters, just wanted to put some ideas together...
O.....M.....G!!! This needs to happen right now!!! Great ideas!!! Love Star Wars and would love to see this.
__________________
Me , DW, DS(16) , DD(13), DS (11), DS(8)


Our Disney Vacations:

Apr 2010 Offsite
May 2010 POP
Soarin4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #14
mvk
Mouseketeer
 
mvk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
After spending $4,000,000,000 for the franchise I would be very surprised that they don't add a Star Wars land!

Star Wars has a amazing fan base and long legs since the first movie in 1977.


However, its isn't happening until they make it official!


AKK
They aren't going to announce it until they have the plans in place, with the areas planned out, the attractions drawn up and figured out, and concept art made up I'm guessing. Probably at D23 if they can get what they want done by then?

I don't think they would rush into this, and if they just put out surveys in January, and are actually using feedback, they probably don't have it ready yet.
mvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #15
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran
 
Tonka's Skipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Connecticut in the Good Ole USA
Posts: 4,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
They aren't going to announce it until they have the plans in place, with the areas planned out, the attractions drawn up and figured out, and concept art made up I'm guessing. Probably at D23 if they can get what they want done by then?

I don't think they would rush into this, and if they just put out surveys in January, and are actually using feedback, they probably don't have it ready yet.


I agree, I would not expect anything like a hard announcement until Mid 2014

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.