Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
GSUJillybean
Mouseketeer

Best DVC studio or moderate resort room for two adults, a little kid and an infant?

Okay, so if there's no free dining in Dec this year, we're considering renting DVC points, and we'd prefer to do a smaller villa, but if it will be too cramped, we'll go with a preferred AB room at POR.

The problem is that DH and I cannot share a queen bed. I am a bed hog, and he snores like a lumberjack. And holy crap I am not sharing a bed with the 5 year old. So we need a studio that has floor space for both a PnP and an air mattress, or has a daybed in addition to the queen bed and sleeper. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
GSUJillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

We stayed in an OKW studio and there was plenty of floor space. I think it is the largest of the DVC studios. I don't remember if the bed was a queen or king though, we didn't care. The room would definitely be large enough for what you are describing.

Countdown over Can't wait to get another trip on the calendar!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

OKW studio has 2 queen beds. All other DVC studios have a queen bed and a double sleeper that may or may not be comfortable for an adult.

A twin air mattress will fit by the entry door.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
bethp1968
Mouseketeer

The 1 bedroom villas in DVC resorts have a king size bed in the master bedroom and a sleeper sofa (and in some a sleeper chair) in the living room.

Carribean Beach - July 1998; Disney Cruise - August 2001;Outside WDW - November 2003 (Bought SSR DVC!!)
SSR - October 2004; SSR- June 2005; BWV - February 2006; SSR - December 2007; BWV - October 2008; BWV - June 2010; AKKV - Thanksgiving 2011; BWV - June 2012; BLT/BWV - May 2013
BCV/BWV - May 2014

Daughter - Disney College Program (DCP) - Quick Service Food & Beverage Jan-Aug 2014 Just got extended...new end date is Jan 2015
bethp1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUJillybean View Post
Okay, so if there's no free dining in Dec this year, we're considering renting DVC points, and we'd prefer to do a smaller villa, but if it will be too cramped, we'll go with a preferred AB room at POR.

The problem is that DH and I cannot share a queen bed. I am a bed hog, and he snores like a lumberjack. And holy crap I am not sharing a bed with the 5 year old. So we need a studio that has floor space for both a PnP and an air mattress, or has a daybed in addition to the queen bed and sleeper. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
POR has rooms with a Murphy Bed in the Alligator Bayou section that would be great for a five year old. And you could put the pack and play close to the door. And two queen sized beds.

You may be too late to rent points for a December stay this year. December gets booked up early by members. It's hard to change resorts at seven months out.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: