Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > Exchanges
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Doctor 10
Mouseketeer

Park "Leader": Being Recruited as Vacation Planner Can Be Stressful

One word: first timers.
Another word: complainers

I felt like a parent with two teenagers who were unable to show appreciation for a task they themselves voted mw to be solely responsible for. Not everyone will be happy. Not every attraction a winner. I waa just happy I was able to touch highlights of all kingdoms at MK. And in rain!...Just frustrated. Our nerves are frayed. A bunch of grumpy dwarves we are. ..But now we're hungry. ...Anyone felt stretched thin or nerves shot? I need some support

Live in the present judging no one by his or her past nor expecting less for his or her future.-alm
Doctor 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
GrumpyCAdad
Mouseketeer

I have yet to have the perfect Disney trip...something always goes wrong or someone or something throws a monkey wrench into the best laid plans. You just have to adapt, improvise, or just make different plans!

Find a nice restaurant and go relax for a bit (with an adult beverage if possible!) and make sure you save room for dessert. Get some sleep and tackle it again tomorrow (after some coffee!) if you are going back for another day, that is.
2 Trips to WDW as a child May 1991: Disneyland: Off Site Nov 1992: Disneyland: Off Site Oct 1995: Disneyland Off Site Nov 2001: Disneyland: Paradise Pier Nov 2003: Disneyland: Grand Californian August 2004: Disneyland: Off Site Nov 2004: WDW: Wilderness Lodge April 2005: Disneyland: Grand Californian Nov 2009: WDW: POR Oct 2011:WDW Off Site June 2014 WDW: Off Site

GrumpyCAdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #3
Doctor 10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyCAdad
I have yet to have the perfect Disney trip...something always goes wrong or someone or something throws a monkey wrench into the best laid plans. You just have to adapt, improvise, or just make different plans!

Find a nice restaurant and go relax for a bit (with an adult beverage if possible!) and make sure you save room for dessert. Get some sleep and tackle it again tomorrow (after some coffee!) if you are going back for another day, that is.
Thanks I think I just wanted them to do as much as possible. I may have wirn em out. The good news is we caught the castle show 2x & fireworks once with a rescheduled electric parade followed after. The park closed by 12 an hour after the supposed 11pm closing time.

We did sneak back to our hotel for dinner only to come back for night shows which I was afraid we'd miss due to potential loss of time leaving park after being able to do be done ahead of schedule.

I let caution blow in the wind & if I have to sacrifice going on one ride ir two I want fir sake of group... wellbi guess ill have to...

Next stop EPCOT:
ROPE drop for Soarin, Test Track, & maybe Mission: Space. Then hit WORLD SHOWCASE for 1.5 hours. Possibly hit hotel back to rest for 1hr or so. Then on to Disney Studios for Sci Fi dinner. Possibly stay at Studios to reride TSM or go back to EPCOT

Its no wonder my "adukt

Live in the present judging no one by his or her past nor expecting less for his or her future.-alm
Old 05-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
Doctor 10
Mouseketeer

Its no wonder with wanting to do most popular rides my crew would be pooped out "

Old 05-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
benji2012
Mouseketeer

I've taken a few different signicantly less seasoned then me friends on a few different trips, and he key I have found is to do two things. 1. If they want to do the the headliners tell them what might be necessary to make that happen(rope drop, criss crossing across the park etc.). 2. Always give them choices. As in, we could go to test track which is a 40 minute trip or Living with the Land with a 5 minute wait? When they make the choice, there is less likely to be complaints.

Hope Epcot goes better!
benji2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
GrumpyCAdad
Mouseketeer

One thing I learned on my first trip was to take it slow, don't feel rushed and if you miss something it gives you an excuse to come back soon and experience it!
2 Trips to WDW as a child May 1991: Disneyland: Off Site Nov 1992: Disneyland: Off Site Oct 1995: Disneyland Off Site Nov 2001: Disneyland: Paradise Pier Nov 2003: Disneyland: Grand Californian August 2004: Disneyland: Off Site Nov 2004: WDW: Wilderness Lodge April 2005: Disneyland: Grand Californian Nov 2009: WDW: POR Oct 2011:WDW Off Site June 2014 WDW: Off Site

GrumpyCAdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: