Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
Dian-er
Mouseketeer

5 years

5 years ago on April 28, 2008, I lost Bob. He was my soul mate & best friend. Sometimes it feels like it was only yesterday & sometimes it feels like eons ago. Losing him left a hole in my heart & big gaping one in my life. I still have moments of tears, they come out of nowhere so I left myself cry a little & then let it go. I'm able to smile & laugh over the memories we made together. He was a very special man & touched many lives while he was with us (short though it was). Miss him every day. I have, however, learned to continue living, being productive, & having new experiences.
Dian-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Here's to Bob! We miss him too.

{{hugs}} Dian-er.

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Thinking of you and your family today, Diana!
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
parrotheadlois
DIS Veteran

Keeping you in our thoughts today. Although we never had the pleasure of meeting Bob in person, it was like losing a good friend.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
mjtm610
Mouseketeer

There are so many people who were touched by Bob. He might never have known their names, or have seen their faces, but he touched our lives in a very profound way. We miss him still. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. It gets better, but it never gets easier.
mjtm610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Robynlaurel
Earning My Ears

I started listening to the podcast (from the beginning) about three years ago, having never been on the boards. When I got to the day Pete announced Bob's passing, I was so shocked and just cried and cried. I know you must have heard this a million times over the past five years Diana but I felt like I knew him, he made me laugh SO HARD, and I just loved him. I'm so sorry for your loss, and thank you for posting today so I can let you know to add me to the list of strangers who loved your husband!
Robynlaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

I had been only listening to the podcast for less than a month when Bob passed -I have to say, that was some of the most fun I've ever had with someone I'd never met. Thank you for letting us know it's been 5-years.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #8
Kimberle
WL Vet

Thank you for sharing a little bit of him with us. I loved his whit. I never knew what he was going to say next on the podcast.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #9
happy2go2wdwmom
I love that great song!

I can't believe it has been five years since I saw the so very sad, shocking, and heart-wrenching post from Pete on these Disboards about the tragic news about your husband, "Dianer." I cried for you, your children, and all of those who grieved then, and I also cried again today. Of course, I never met him but was so touched by his sincere devotion to Disney and his intent to inform us of as many Disney details as he possibly could. I don't think any of us dissers will ever get over losing "Bawb" but I also dont think I will ever stop smiling when I think of his many Bawbisms. One of my favorites was his counting the number of steps it took to get from the Magic Kingdom buses to the front gate for us. Awww, God bless you!
70's Fav ride 20,000 Leagues UTS; '03 June AKL-DF,DFH,DFS(4),DFS(5),MeDH, DS(4);'04 June HOJO'S Enchantedland-DH, DS(5), DSis (Eyeore) to WDW, Universal, SeaWorld; May '05 ASMo DDP--"OUR PERFECT DREAM COME TRUE VACATION" DH, DS(6); May '07 DDP-POP! w/ DH and DS(8)-SeaWorld;May '08 Free upgrade to CBR and PPP; April '09 Disney Wonder then Universal for SPRING BREAK-DH, DS(10),DF,DFH,DFS(9),DF(11); July '09 PC w/ DH and DS (10);May '10 CSR w/ $500 WDW gc w/DH & DS; Nov '10 PC w/ our middle schooler DS 11!! F&W, Festival of the Masters and "Christmas" at WDW and SW. July 20-26, '11 DS 12, DH (-63 lbs and counting) Y.E.S. Program, PC 5 day premium DQ, TL June 20-27, '12 First TEEN trip!!! DS and DH (-96 lbs and counting!) YES program and BG Tampa~Grabbing those quaility moments while we can! Feb. 22-25, '13 Sistah Tripping! DSis (54) and me (51), Pop Century - had res at CSR but extended stay at PC instead July 2013 - St. Pete Beach/Clearwater BG-Tampa Trip w/ DH and DS14 years old
June 2014-Universal trip w UAP and w DH and DS15--Portofino, Cabana Bay Resort, Hard Rock-club level!!!
happy2go2wdwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

You have come so far in 5 years!! Bob would be proud. Thinking of you today.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #11
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Wow, 5 years, can't believe it. I remember hearing the announcement and it was like I lost a friend.

Couple of months later I found that public access show he did and that was perhaps the best show I had ever seen. It was great.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
cwt580
DIS Veteran

I still miss hearing has voice and humor......

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:44 AM   #13
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Bob was so loved by so many

Though all the memories are so wonderful, they can also make the loss that much more profound. Wishing you peace of spirit today and always.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #14
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Sending

I had been listening to the podcast for a year or more at that time but had never met any of them in person. Val & I scheduled a trip to Orlando to coincide with what was planned to be a live podcast recording and mini-meet that year. Sadly, it wound up being a memorial service so we never got to meet Bawb in person. Still we feel we knew him just from all the podcasts we listened to. We really enjoyed his part in the whole podcast ensemble and had no doubt the was a genuine sole.

Not only that but he was the only one that didn't have an accent.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #15
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I had Bob on my mind throughout this past weekend and especially yesterday. The success of the NJ DIS Meet Weekend reaffirmed how special of a place The DIS is and Bob played a role I'm that. I know he was looking down on us and smiling. Here's to Bob and you, Diana, for being a part of our DIS family.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: