Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

If you book a room for a week, and then book a package for the same dates in another resort to get free dining, will Disney cancel your reservation if they realize you are not using the room?

I ask because this came up on another board. Someone rented DVC points. Then got an offer for free dining at a different resort. Apparently it is cheaper to book the second package than buy dining and tickets for the first. They plan to stay at the DVC resort, but use the park tickets and dining plan for the other resort. They booked the reservations under different names.

Someone posted that when Disney sees that the room at resort B is not being used, Disney will cancel the entire package and the guest will not get a refund. Park tickets and dining plan will be turned off.

Is this true?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
hilljim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
If you book a room for a week, and then book a package for the same dates in another resort to get free dining, will Disney cancel your reservation if they realize you are not using the room?

I ask because this came up on another board. Someone rented DVC points. Then got an offer for free dining at a different resort. Apparently it is cheaper to book the second package than buy dining and tickets for the first. They plan to stay at the DVC resort, but use the park tickets and dining plan for the other resort. They booked the reservations under different names.

Someone posted that when Disney sees that the room at resort B is not being used, Disney will cancel the entire package and the guest will not get a refund. Park tickets and dining plan will be turned off.

Is this true?
1.) As long as they check in, and pay, I don't think Disney would care whether you slept there or not.

2.) I can't imagine that it could be cheaper to rent two rooms for the same stay to get "free dining"... especially at Disney.
hilljim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Here is what was on my reservation receipt from Disney:

Quote:
Disney reserves the right to cancel or modify a room reservation (including after the room reservation has been confirmed) if the room reservation includes or resulted from a mistake or error of any kind, including but not limited to, a mistake or error in the rate, resort or room type, or where it appears that a guest has engaged in fraudulent or misleading activity in making the room reservation.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

There have been a few posts (not many) from people who either tried what you are asking about, or left their resort for a few days, who came back and found their original room forfeit. And their stuff all boxed up. One poster tried to using their room key for dining credits, and found out they didn't have any.

Disney knows if you don't use your room key. An alert will pop up on their computer after a few days. From what I understand it is in part so that if someone is sick or injured and doesn't leave the room, they know to go check on that room. But it also will tell them if you are really using a room or not. No idea how often they check, or if they always do something about it if they think you are being shady.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: