DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Silver19
Avocado Margarita

Time Between Closing and Receipt of Points?

I'm sure I could dig through the posts here and get a good idea of how long I'll have to wait after the closing of my BWV purchase (4-23) and the date that I get the points and make a reservation. But I thought I'd ask everyone to opine here instead.

I am an existing DVC member, so I already have an account on the DVCmember website. Would my points show up there immediately upon my recognition as the holder of the new contract? Or will I get something by mail? Or should I call somewhere and beg? Any tips?

Last edited by Silver19; 04-24-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Silver19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver19 View Post
I'm sure I could dig through the posts here and get a good idea of how ling I'll have to wait after the closing of my BWV purchase (4-23) and the date that I get the points and make a reservation. But I thought I'd ask everyone to opine here instead.

I am an existing DVC member, so I already have an account on the DVCmember website. Would my points show up there immediately upon my recognition as the holder of the new contract? Or will I get something by mail? Or should I call somewhere and beg? Any tips?
I am wondering the same thing Silver! But, we haven't closed yet. Already sent our part of the closing paperwork in - so waiting on the sellers now. We are also members already. From my understanding the timeframe should be somewhat faster but who knows.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver19 View Post
I'm sure I could dig through the posts here and get a good idea of how ling I'll have to wait after the closing of my BWV purchase (4-23) and the date that I get the points and make a reservation. But I thought I'd ask everyone to opine here instead.

We bought AKV last September and our points showed up about 9 days after we closed in our account. It took about 3 weeks from ROFR waiver to close.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

I bought a Resale contract last year and the points showed in my account in only 7 days, I was very pleased.

I have recently closed on another resale 4/17 and they haven't appeared yet but I do keep checking! Hopefully they will arrive soon.
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

We just closed last month on a 100 point AKV add on. Here was our timeline:
1/19-1/20- Made offer and negotiated (settled on $66/point for 100 AKV Aug UY)
1/21- contract e-mailed and signed and sent back with escrow check
1/22- got e-mail that contract sent to ROFR
2/20- passed ROFR
2/27- closing docs received, signed and overnighted back with final payment
2/28- our docs and payment received by closing company
3/8- deed recorded on orange county website (I did not look this up until 3/18 though)
3/11- notified by broker that we closed
3/19- see AKV showing up on DVCmember.com under our existing membership (HH points) in the morning and w/in a few hours points were loaded. We booked a Xmas trip by 3pm (2BR and studio at AKV-Kadani).
3/25- got letter with member # (which we already knew)

New timeline:
4/17-4/18 made offer through www.DVCbyresale.com and negotiated (settled on $60/point with sellers paying annual dues and 1/2 of closing costs for 50 HH Aug UY)
4/19 contract e-mailed and signed and overnighted with escrow check (for full amount owed)
4/24 got e-mail that docs and check was received and contract sent to ROFR

Last edited by lovin'fl; 04-24-2013 at 03:57 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
Silver19
Avocado Margarita

Thanks for the replies. I'll start checking the website daily next week, I guess.
Silver19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Assuming that you bought the same UY and that you are taking title legally the same as your master contract, you will skip the account generation and log on mailing delay.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: