Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
Rumors Rocks
Mouseketeer
 
Rumors Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 400

Update! New restaurant reservation policy at Disneyland DELAYED

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/priorityseating.htm

Quote:
New Cancellation Policy

Beginning May 9th for reservations after June 24th, guests will be required to provide a credit card to make a reservation at all Disney owned and operated restaurants in the Disneyland Resort.

Guests must cancel within 24 hours or face a $10 per person charge for failing to show up for the reservation.

This new policy also applies to Bibbidi Boddidi Boutique, Studio Disney 365 and cabanas.

Last edited by Rumors Rocks; 05-06-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Rumors Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
GWS
Earning My Ears
 
GWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 36

I guess I really don't see the logic in this since even if someone is a no-show for their reservation, there is always a line of people on stand-by waiting to get in. It is not like Disney is actually losing any money.
My gut feeling is telling me that it will take one person to miss their reservation and get charged the fee then sue Disney and this will stop.
GWS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR
 
tjkraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS View Post
My gut feeling is telling me that it will take one person to miss their reservation and get charged the fee then sue Disney and this will stop.
What grounds would they have to win such a case?
__________________
-- Tim

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran
 
Tonka's Skipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Connecticut in the Good Ole USA
Posts: 4,716

This is basically the same policy that has been in effect at WDW for over a year now.

It was very good in stopping Reservation hoarding and no shows.

there is no legal issue here.......Disney can set any policy as long as it is not discriminatory.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
GWS
Earning My Ears
 
GWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
This is basically the same policy that has been in effect at WDW for over a year now.

It was very good in stopping Reservation hoarding and no shows.

there is no legal issue here.......Disney can set any policy as long as it is not discriminatory.

AKK
I am not against what you are saying nor am I against the policy. Seems to me that it will just take a few people to get upset and maybe this will go away. Personally like you stated this will stop people from hoarding reservations is a good thing, so I am all for it.
GWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
TheShea's
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS View Post
I am not against what you are saying nor am I against the policy. Seems to me that it will just take a few people to get upset and maybe this will go away. Personally like you stated this will stop people from hoarding reservations is a good thing, so I am all for it.
As pp said, this has been the poilicy at WDW for a year now. Certainly there must have been numerous complaints for people being charge $10/pp for no-shows.
TheShea's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
GWS
Earning My Ears
 
GWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
What grounds would they have to win such a case?

Who said they would have to win?
GWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR
 
tjkraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS View Post
Who said they would have to win?
Essentially, you did. Disney isn't going to reverse the policy over a baseless, unwinnable lawsuit.

As others pointed out, WDW has had this policy for many months now and has certainly weathered countless complaints and excuses from guests. I see no reason to believe it would be less successful at Disneyland.
__________________
-- Tim

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran
 
Tonka's Skipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Connecticut in the Good Ole USA
Posts: 4,716

Actually when the policy was put into effect, there were some complaints, however once folks understood how it worked and that it would open up reservations for everyone, things settled down.

The only ones who really were not happy were the folks that fully admitted they hoarded reservations and this new policy for the most part stopped that.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #10
GWS
Earning My Ears
 
GWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
Essentially, you did. Disney isn't going to reverse the policy over a baseless, unwinnable lawsuit.

As others pointed out, WDW has had this policy for many months now and has certainly weathered countless complaints and excuses from guests. I see no reason to believe it would be less successful at Disneyland.
LOL… I guess we can agree to disagree what *I* meant. And I am not one for claiming I know everything, so I was not originally aware the WDW already had this policy in place for year(s) and it has been working. Knowing this now I completely understand your point.
However all it takes is one extremely ticked off guest and a slick lawyer and quite possible it *could* be reversed, nothing is impossible.
GWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #11
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran
 
StitchesGr8Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,823

There is also the loss of customer satisfaction for the person trying to make a reservation at the same time but couldn't because of the no-show.
__________________
'86-offsite, '91-Buena Vista Palace, '92-offsite, '97-offsite, '98-Magic Music Days, '06-ASMu, '07-FtW, '09-ASMu,'10-POR,'12-Poly (Honeymoon!)
'14 - Pop
StitchesGr8Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #12
Srbright
Mouseketeer
 
Srbright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebee21
I think that in order to keep the $10, Disney has to show that they were somehow "damaged" by you not showing up for your reservation. They got stuck with food, or had a table that they were unable to fill. That typically isn't the case with most of the restaurants that have the credit card guarantee at Disney World now. If I don't show up to Ohana for a reservation, they'll seat someone in my spot, and they will not be damaged or out any money
No. In order to get damages they have to show damages. This is not a damages claim.

This is simple contract law. When you make a reservation at Disney you are entering into a simple contract with them. The contract is that you will show up or you will pay them $10. That is what is in the terms that we all agree upon when we make our reservations. That cool little check box that bounces you if you don't check it that you read and UNDERSTOOD.

If they wanted damages they could get (at least in MI, don't know FL exactly) 10x damages. So 10x what you would have spent on an avg meal. This is the same for a drs office. They aren't charging damages. If they were they would be getting 7-10x the fee for your appointment. That said, it is bad business so they just charge you $10 for not showing up.

Stacy

Source: I do vendor contracts for a living.
__________________
October 2014 CBR 7N/8D
(Was CSR (9N/10D), POR (8N/9D) & ASMo (6N/7D), how many times can I change it?)
September 2013 - POR (9N/10D)
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Srbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #13
jemh628
Mouseketeer
 
jemh628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHKristy76

Why would someone do this? It doesn't make any sense.
The new system seems temperamental towards odd numbers, however the cases mentioned are not hurting anyone else from getting a reservation because a party of 1 will still be sitting at a two top and a party of three will still sit at a four top. Increasing the number in those cases does not eliminate another table from other people trying to obtain reservations.
__________________
>
jemh628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #14
peteykirch
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
The new system seems temperamental towards odd numbers, however the cases mentioned are not hurting anyone else from getting a reservation because a party of 1 will still be sitting at a two top and a party of three will still sit at a four top. Increasing the number in those cases does not eliminate another table from other people trying to obtain reservations.
Yeah it's a pain for people going solo, or in odd numbers.

You can punch in a reservation for 1, and nothing comes back, punch in 2, and wham times through the entire night.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
Srbright
Mouseketeer
 
Srbright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic
Now its being implemented across the board with a hammer...like this is Tianamen Square or something...

They were right then.
Let it breathe
You know..... 250-2,500 people DIED at Tiananmen Square. Comparing Disney's dining reservation changes to people dying for their rights maybe a TAD melodramatic?

Stacy
__________________
October 2014 CBR 7N/8D
(Was CSR (9N/10D), POR (8N/9D) & ASMo (6N/7D), how many times can I change it?)
September 2013 - POR (9N/10D)
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)

Last edited by Srbright; 05-17-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Srbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.