Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Dukemstr
Earning My Ears

Disney Magic to Get Marvel Experience, New Adults Only District, AquaDuck and More

Taken from stitchkingdom web site:

Ahead of this week’s ‘Monstrous Summer’ press event being held at the Walt Disney World Resort, we have learned of some exciting upcoming additions to Disney Cruise Line’s Disney Magic cruise liner. The new features include a mix of adapting enhancement from fleet ships Disney Dream and Fantasy’s own pluses as well as brand new experiences, amongst which may be the very first (permanent) foray into the Marvel universe by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, the business unit that manages Disney Cruise Line. From children to adults, the Disney Magic promises to offer brand new experiences not available anywhere else on the high seas.

The additions begin with the Oceaneer’s Club which currently hosts four immersive experiences from Disney’s Pixie Hollow, Andy’s room from Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story, a submarine experience inspired by Finding Nemo and the scream floor of Monsters Inc aboard the Dream and Fantasy. It appears the latter two will be going away in favor of the Marvel’s Avengers Academy (promised to be based on an upcoming animated Disney XD series of the same name) and a Mickey Mouse Club, inspired by the series of brand new animated shorts now being produced.

The Magic will also receive the AquaDuck waterslide along with some enhancements in way of the AquaLab as found on the Disney Fantasy. In addition, a new water play area for infants and toddlers will be re-themed to the Nephews’ Splash Zone. A brand new water slide called the Twist N’ Spout will also be introduced to the ship, which ‘splashes off in one direction, then loop-de-loops the opposite way.’

Donald Duck’s presence will also be felt elsewhere onboard as the Disney Magic introduces a new restaurant based on his Saludos Amigos co-star, Jose. The restaurant will be called Carioca’s and will be Brazilian-influenced, themed to an outdoor marketplace during festival.

The adults-only district will be re-themed to After Hours and, in addition to featuring O’Gills from the Disney Fantasy, will also feature an undersea themed club called Fathoms and a piano bar named Keys.

CORRECTION: The article was incorrectly initially written from the perspective of the Disney Dream. Changes have been made to reflect that these additions will be completely new to the Disney Magic.

Read more: EXCLUSIVE: Disney Magic to Get Marvel Experience, New Adults Only District, AquaDuck and More - Disney News by StitchKingdom.com
StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

A lot of details, still rumors of course but if true that might be awesome!

Dukemstr
Dukemstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

My DH would love some Marvel stuff.

Let's get some Star Wars too as mentioned!

Disney really does do it all...
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

I really doubt the Magic will get the Aquaduck. There's really no space for the support beams and it seems they'd have an issue with the structural rating.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

I truly hope that the Magic DOES NOT get an Aquaduck. First of all, it's too small a ship and I think it would be nice if Disney kept the two classic ships just that -- classic without all the outside bells and whistles to take away from the aesthetics. Some of us like them that way

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
rpk113
Earning My Ears

what is this a 6-8 month drydock? (sarcasm)
rpk113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
shandrananette
Mouseketeer

Boy, add some Marvel stuff and I know DS will be campaigning to try the smaller ships...

shandrananette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #7
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

Try 6 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpk113 View Post
what is this a 6-8 month drydock? (sarcasm)
Carnival is completly redoing the Destiny into the Sunshine. You can watch all of the weekly updates since they started. In the end it is going to run about 180 million. 8 weeks. It is being done by the people who built the D Magic. They work 24/7 they parked a cruise ship next to it to feed and house workers. Just go Carnival web site.
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #8
carpenta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I really doubt the Magic will get the Aquaduck. There's really no space for the support beams and it seems they'd have an issue with the structural rating.
plus it would ruin the ship's classic lines.....
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

Cool! Love when Disney does unique experiences to specific parks and ships!!
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #10
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28 View Post
Cool! Love when Disney does unique experiences to specific parks and ships!!
And about half of this is not unique. That is what is making me worry about the future. Disney has become have "one good idea and replicate it everywhere".
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #11
RedSox68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
And about half of this is not unique. That is what is making me worry about the future. Disney has become have "one good idea and replicate it everywhere".
That's it in a nutshell

Nov. 2000 -- Disney Wonder -- 4-night Bahama; Nov. 2002 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean; Aug. 2004 -- Disney Magic 7-night Caribbean;
Aug. 2005 -- Disney Magic 14-night Panama Canal; Aug. 2006 -- Disney Wonder 10 night Southern Caribbean; Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 10-night Mediterranean
Aug. 2007 -- Disney Magic 14-night Transatlantic; Aug. 2008 -- NCL Pride of America -- 7-night Hawaiian & Vow Renewal; Oct. 2009 -- Disney Magic -- 7-night Caribbean
July 2010 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days covering the West; May 2011 -- Disney Dream -- 4-night Bahama
June 2011 -- RV "Land Cruise" -- 30-days finishing the West and South!
May 2012 -- HAL Zaandam -- 7-night Alaska cruise/12 night cruisetour (thus completing our 50th state!)
August 2013 -- Carnival Glory -- 4-night NYC to St John, NB
Sept 2013 -- HAL Eurodam -- 10-night Colors of Canada/NE Cruise from Quebec to NYC
Dec. 2014 -- Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern with San Juan port (our platinum cruise & 4th Disney ship!)
August 2015 -- Royal Princess -- 12-night British Isles Cruise R/T from Southampton

January 2016 -- Wonder 7-night Southern Caribbean out of San Juan; February 2016 -- Wonder 5-night Repo from San Juan to Miami
RedSox68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #12
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Go to Stitch Kingdoms website directly. It's not an Aquaduck. It's a slide that does go over the water, but its just a slide.

Artist rendering pic is there.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #13
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post
I truly hope that the Magic DOES NOT get an Aquaduck. First of all, it's too small a ship and I think it would be nice if Disney kept the two classic ships just that -- classic without all the outside bells and whistles to take away from the aesthetics. Some of us like them that way
I so agree with you. Please .... no Aquaduck Let's keep the Classic Ships Classic.
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #14
maria-fan-22
DIS Veteran

I don't like the slide… I saw the pic and I don't like it, cool as it is, I think It ruins the lines. Which is why I don't like the looks of some of the ships that have 50 gagillion of them on top. IMO, they could do something similar without going over the side of the ship which won't ruin the lines so much.

I will be waiting until DCL send a press release do make any final judgement, however, based on this articles associated photos, I don't like the slide. Everything else sounds great, just not the slide.

Once again, I don't like the slide…

Here is the image of the slide.

I'm on Twitter! @DCLdude

http://dcldude.webs.com/

Last edited by maria-fan-22; 04-22-2013 at 03:14 PM.
maria-fan-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

I like the idea of the Carioca's Market. It should replace Topsider and be more of the Dream and Fantasy style. That is what I am reading into it any IMHO.

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: