Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Hyatt vs AKL on arrival night

Alright guys, need some advice. Our Oct trip has a flight arriving at midnight. My plan was to get a room at the Hyatt, then get up first thing and travel to AKL, check in at the club, eat breakfast, leave our luggage and head to the park. This is starting to seem like it will cut into the day. Looking at the prices though, it's only $70 more to go directly to AKL. What would we miss out on by checking in so late, and not at the CL desk? It's my dd bday if that has any impact on what we should do. Thanks.

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
Princess Disney Mom
DIS Veteran

Go to the AKL you won't regret it. Think how much time it will take to switch and the time lost is not worth it to save $70. We have had to do this a few trips and have never looked back and regretted spending the extra money to avoid the extra work.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
2006 - CR X 2/ DoubleTree WDW/ POFQ/ Music Resort
2007 - POP X 3/ Double Tree WDW
2008 - Disneyland/ BoardWalk / Off Site WDW
2009 - Offsite/Doubletree at WDW/CR/Boardwalk
2010 - Disneyland/ Doubletree WDW/HBC/ Music Resort
2011 - Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Hilton Bonnet Creek
2013- Disneyland / Grand Floridian
2014 - Offsite/ Grand Floridian
Princess Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

We are getting in late, too, but not at midnight! One thing I am worried about is getting the worst room that is the only one left. Are you picky about location or view? If you have to take a bad room at AKL, you may have to go down in the morning and request another room.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
We are getting in late, too, but not at midnight! One thing I am worried about is getting the worst room that is the only one left. Are you picky about location or view? If you have to take a bad room at AKL, you may have to go down in the morning and request another room.
We are staying CL so we will get a SV room no matter what. I'm just worried about A) not getting a bunk bed room and B) any pixie dust that happens when you check in at the CL desk that I am unaware of.

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

I'd go with the Hyatt. I view Disney check-in as kind of a nice experience unto itself. I'd hate to do that at midnight. Plus, at the end of a late night of traveling it's nice to just walk right to the Hyatt knowing you can rest in a few minutes.

I think your original plan sounds best.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
mmmears
DIS Veteran

My family has debated the same thing (although we did arrive before midnight most times) and to us it's not worth saving $70 (but to me it would depend on just how much money we could save). If we get to the resort at night, no matter how late, we go to bed and get up early, grab breakfast, and are ready to go to the parks when they open. I don't want to waste my first morning at WDW getting there from MCO and checking into our hotel.

As for CL perks, IMO the check-in is no big deal (and definitely nothing to spend the morning on). We've had CL check-in and also showed up too late and had to go to the front desk. That late there really isn't a big line at the front desk... and it was just fine. They had all our info there waiting for us. And the front desk people don't choose your room -- make your request to the AKL IPO office -- we always get in pretty late and haven't had much problem getting a great room.

AKL CL is wonderful -- it's a favorite of my family -- hope you have a great trip! And if you do decide to try the Hyatt, I'll add that it is a nice hotel. We've stayed there overnight a few times when we had 7am flights out.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: