DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
Maddysdaddy
DIS Veteran

Question about Guides

I see people posting about their relationship with their Guide and how wonderful their Guide is, and I'm wondering what I'm missing.

We met a salesman on a cruise, he convinced us of the merit of DVC, we cut a cheque, now we own and book online or thru the website. Are we supposed to have some sort of ongoing relationship that I'm not aware of? We bought direct just over two years ago, and I have not seen or heard from my Guide since.
Maddysdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddysdaddy View Post
I see people posting about their relationship with their Guide and how wonderful their Guide is, and I'm wondering what I'm missing.

We met a salesman on a cruise, he convinced us of the merit of DVC, we cut a cheque, now we own and book online or thru the website. Are we supposed to have some sort of ongoing relationship that I'm not aware of? We bought direct just over two years ago, and I have not seen or heard from my Guide since.
And...,

He is a salesman. This 'relationship' stuff cracks me up. They are not bring your buddy because they love you, but because they love your money.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Some Guides maintain more of a relationship with their customers than others. I am sure that they hope that additional direct sales will result. Bottom line is they are there to sell, not visit with "friends".

My wife is one of those "he's my friend" kind of people. We got into a pretty heated discussion when she was buying a new car several years back. The salesman did his thing and she took it all in. They became good "friends". I tried to get her to come to her senses but she insisted that he was giving her the best deal that he could and that he was in it for the long haul and wanted her as a repeat customer for years to come. When she picked up the car it was missing the key fob but the salesman told her that he was ordering her 2, not just the 1 that comes with the car. He said that it would take a couple of days and that he would call when they came in.

A week later, no call so I called the dealership. The salesman had left the company there was no record of the fob ever being ordered. To top it off the dealer insisted that we were given one when we picked up the car.

So we had to buy a new fob and have the car re-keyed because someone had our fob and key.

Lesson learned.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
quirty30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter

And...,

He is a salesman. This 'relationship' stuff cracks me up. They are not bring your buddy because they love you, but because they love your money.
I think for those of us who had guides at Doorway to Dreams, there was a more personal relationship with our guides. Unfortunately, those days are over.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: