DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
babesboo99
Veteren Disney Vacationer

Just called my guide..

I just got off the phone with my guide and he said there are about 7 people ahead of us. We are waiting for 50 BCV points with an Sept or Oct use year. Hopefully it won't be to long now. He also said they are going to acquire a large number of points and they will spread them out so it shouldn't be to long.
babesboo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

Rofr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babesboo99 View Post
He also said they are going to acquire a large number of points and they will spread them out so it shouldn't be to long.
Hmm. Does that mean bad news for someone waiting to hear if the contract they want is going to pass ROFR?

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
panixx
Dis Dad Member #642

I had a 50 point SSR contract come through the end of last week. Just got my closing papers Monday.

I was put on the waitlist for those March 18th.
panixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
babesboo99

I don't know how many ( if any) BCV contracts have been acquired through ROFR. But I am curious myself
Old 04-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
Mom23WildBoys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I don't know how many ( if any) BCV contracts have been acquired through ROFR. But I am curious myself
Disney took our first BCV contract in February.
But we snagged our second one two weeks ago!!!
Mom23WildBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I just got off the phone with my guide and he said there are about 7 people ahead of us. We are waiting for 50 BCV points with an Sept or Oct use year. Hopefully it won't be to long now. He also said they are going to acquire a large number of points and they will spread them out so it shouldn't be to long.
Were you just put on the waitlist today?
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
htmlkid
Gold DCL Member / SSR DVC Member

Quote:
So here's a question for the ROFR Monkey. The 7 people ahead of you get their points. The 7th person got 200 points from a ROFered contract of 350 with your use year so there is 150 left and you need 50.... But the people next on the list after you need 150 points.... Do you think Disney would skip u???

Hmmmm

htmlkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlkid View Post
So here's a question for the ROFR Monkey. The 7 people ahead of you get their points. The 7th person got 200 points from a ROFered contract of 350 with your use year so there is 150 left and you need 50.... But the people next on the list after you need 150 points.... Do you think Disney would skip u???

Hmmmm

You can be skipped.

I waitlisted two 100 pt contracts for HHI in January (I have a June UY)- I decided to decrease the number of points a few weeks later and switched to a 100 pt contract and a 60 point contract. The 60, because of the change, went to the back of the line. The unchanged 100 point contract kept it's place in line.

The day before yesterday, my 60 point waitlist came through. The 100 is still waiting even though it's first in line for points.

So, if the points don't match up, you will be skipped.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippingalong View Post
You can be skipped.

I waitlisted two 100 pt contracts for HHI in January (I have a June UY)- I decided to decrease the number of points a few weeks later and switched to a 100 pt contract and a 60 point contract. The 60, because of the change, went to the back of the line. The unchanged 100 point contract kept it's place in line.

The day before yesterday, my 60 point waitlist came through. The 100 is still waiting even though it's first in line for points.

So, if the points don't match up, you will be skipped.
Disney doesn't have to match a 100 point request with a 100 point buy back. They can pool the points and break them up into what ever counts they need.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Disney doesn't have to match a 100 point request with a 100 point buy back. They can pool the points and break them up into what ever counts they need.

Bill
Agreed. What I should have said is, if your waitlist is more points than Disney has available, they won't hold the points for you and wait til they get more. You'll be skipped and the points will be given to someone below you who is waiting on a small number of points.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #11
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippingalong View Post
Agreed. What I should have said is, if your waitlist is more points than Disney has available, they won't hold the points for you and wait til they get more. You'll be skipped and the points will be given to someone below you who is waiting on a small number of points.
Right. A more accurate statement, and one which my guide warned me about when we were doing a couple of smallish add ons direct at VGC a little over a year ago.

He actually had us give him a range of points we would take. If the number available fell within our range, he said, we'd get them.

So we told him 125-150 the first time, and we got 125. The second time we told him 50-75 and we got 75.

I think others have posted their guides wouldn't let them do this anymore.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #12
elfbo
DIS Veteran

Duplicate.

POR - Jan 2013!!! (1st Anniversary)
All Stars Movies - Jan 2012 (Wedding!!!)
POFQ - Sep 2004, POR - Sep 2003, WDW - 1996, WDW - 1992, Disneyland - 1984
elfbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #13
elfbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlkid

Hmmmm
From another recent response, the first person will get their 50 points and the next will be offered a partial of their requested points

POR - Jan 2013!!! (1st Anniversary)
All Stars Movies - Jan 2012 (Wedding!!!)
POFQ - Sep 2004, POR - Sep 2003, WDW - 1996, WDW - 1992, Disneyland - 1984
elfbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #14
babesboo99

We went on the waiting list 5 weeks ago this past Monday.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We went on the waiting list 5 weeks ago this past Monday.
I'm not sure how long the other ones on the waitlist were on before you were on, but late last year in Nov. I saw, a 160 and a 80 pt OCT UY BCV contract go on sale through one reseller. One passed ROFR at a fair price and the other one, I'm not sure. There was a 150 pt SEP UY that passed earlier this year. There is a 200 pt one currently in ROFR now, but it looks like it's partially stripped.

I wonder what price point Disney decides to ROFR them at, or if there is a waitlist limit when they would start acquiring points. It's also a risk too, since if Disney does acquire the points and the waitlist people change their minds, then Disney is now stuck with points. Although, it doesn't sound like that would be a problem.
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: