Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
squeaky_penguin
Mouseketeer

Contemporary CL vs Poly CL

We are staying CL at the Contemporary this august. The past couple of trips we stayed at The Poly CL. We would like to try a new resort, but part of me thinks we should go back to The Poly. What are some things that are different and unique about Contemporary? If you stayed at both which one did you like better? Try and persuade me to not switch resorts!
squeaky_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaky_penguin View Post
We are staying CL at the Contemporary this august. The past couple of trips we stayed at The Poly CL. We would like to try a new resort, but part of me thinks we should go back to The Poly. What are some things that are different and unique about Contemporary? If you stayed at both which one did you like better? Try and persuade me to not switch resorts!
If you're staying in August, I would think the ability to wait for the monorail in air conditioned comfort would be all the reason you'd need. Seriously, having everything under one roof is pure gold, the shopping & dining at Contemporary are fabulous, you can walk to MK (though I'd be inclined not to in August....), and you can watch the fireworks from the CL lounge while enjoying an adult beverage.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
bowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Why not a split stay? That's what we are doing in August.
Princess Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaky_penguin View Post
I have stayed at both and loved both. CR July 2011 and Poly April 2013(just got back). The only thing I will mention is that the poly lounge has just been updated with new carpeting, new chair coverings etc. It was GORGEOUS! Otherwise I would gladly stay at both again anytime! I stayed at poly 3 times previously in the month of August and got wet everyday at 3p Florida rain time! Cr would keep you drier. Really though both would be awesome so just pick one and visit the other while you are there.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

I just made this choice for a late summer trip as well. We chose CR mostly because of the weather issue. Having everything in one building seemed ideal given that it was guaranteed to be muggy and very hot and it could rain. While its not a long walk, the idea of being able to catch and leave the monorail from inside the building seemed preferable to having to still be outside for those last few steps to our room. It may seem lazy, but when we visit Disney parks we are usually exhausted when we leave (granted we usually go to Disneyland where we typically spend only one day so we are a bit more intense than we hopefully will be on this trip), having to deal with those final steps through the FL summer seemed like a dealbreaker. Also, we liked the decor at the CR slightly better.

What ended up sealing the deal for us was that CR was slightly cheaper. We couldn't come up a good enough reason to pay a premium for the Poly when everything seemed to be pointing in the CR's direction anyways.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

are you staying with a MK view? Well, the only thing I can say is that when we stayed CL at the Contemporary....I realized that I could lie in bed and watch the castle change colors. I didn't get much sleep that week! I would take that over the Poly any day of the week!!!!!!! Plus, after watching fireworks it was nice to not have to wait for the monorail with the masses and just take a nice walk back to the resort.
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: