Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Booking through Travelocity?

Hey all I have a question -- has anybody booked a cruise through Travelocity? I was looking at the repo cruise from LA to Vancouver and the repo cruise is cheaper in Canadian $$ on Travelocy vs direct on the Disney website in USD ((so I've not even done the conversion)).

Just wondering your experience booking through Travelocity and if you've ever had issues?
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post
Hey all I have a question -- has anybody booked a cruise through Travelocity? I was looking at the repo cruise from LA to Vancouver and the repo cruise is cheaper in Canadian $$ on Travelocy vs direct on the Disney website in USD ((so I've not even done the conversion)).

Just wondering your experience booking through Travelocity and if you've ever had issues?
Be sure to check the price all the way through to including taxes. DCL doesn't allow any TA to discount the cruise fare so most TAs offer some other kind of bonus to entice ppl to book: onboard credits, small gifts, etc.

Keep in mind then that Travelocity would be your TA. That means any changes you want to make, payments, problems, etc. all goes through Travelocity.
I've never used them myself, but most large, online travel agencies such as Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, are better known for pricing, not customer service.
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Be sure to check the price all the way through to including taxes. DCL doesn't allow any TA to discount the cruise fare so most TAs offer some other kind of bonus to entice ppl to book: onboard credits, small gifts, etc.

Keep in mind then that Travelocity would be your TA. That means any changes you want to make, payments, problems, etc. all goes through Travelocity.
I've never used them myself, but most large, online travel agencies such as Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, are better known for pricing, not customer service.
it's a last minute thing so there'd really not be any changes...
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post
it's a last minute thing so there'd really not be any changes...
then go for it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: