Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
VAADAM
Earning My Ears

Question about luggage tags

Good morning,

First off I would like to say thank you. I posted a few months asking for advice on our first cruise, and I got some great feedback from everyone here! Much appreciated.

We leave on our cruise this Sunday, and we moved back in December. I reached out to Disney and updated our address, however I called the other day and was told in order for them to ship out new luggage tags and the booklet it would cost us $50. (the USPS will not forward from our previous condo, long story)

First off, this kind of pissed me off. Disney made a mistake, and they want me to pay $50. A minor peeve, but for someone who has never been on a cruise before I was not very happy to hear that answer.

Anyways, how concerned should I be?

Do I really need the booklet that came with this package?

How should we handle luggage tags? Will someone be able to assist us at the airport?

Thank you!
VAADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

You can get luggage tags at the port from the porters. Just take the signature form you print online with you and you'll be set.

Wonder 12/21/08
Dream 03/27/12
Fantasy 07/14/12
Dream 10/07/12
Dream 10/11/12
Fantasy 05/25/13
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #3
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

That happened to me as well, but I only moved right before the cruise, but was told i'd be fine without it, luckily though our old neighbour had signed for it so she was able to send it on to us.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAADAM View Post
How should we handle luggage tags? Will someone be able to assist us at the airport?
Are you flying in the day of and did you plan to have DCL handle your checked bags? If so, you need put the luggage tags on at your home airport before they are checked. If you are flying in the day of and plan to handle your own luggage, or if you're flying in a day or two early, you can get new tags when you get to MCO.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
VAADAM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
Are you flying in the day of and did you plan to have DCL handle your checked bags? If so, you need put the luggage tags on at your home airport before they are checked. If you are flying in the day of and plan to handle your own luggage, or if you're flying in a day or two early, you can get new tags when you get to MCO.
This is what makes me nervous

We have a flight at the crack of dawn and the cruise is the same day.

EDIT: I just got another email from Disney saying I can bring my luggage to some desk at the airport and they will put tags on. Or we can put something identifiable on our luggage and have a Disney rep pick it up.

At the end of the day, TERRIBLE CS from Disney. They could have just sent these to me last week and been done with it, esp since I know for a fact shipping from ORL to DC is not USD $50.

Oh well, thank you for all the replies!
VAADAM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: