Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Our numbers are 1, 5, 17, 33, and 1901. A very magical day at Disney: 5/30 complete!

Our numbers are 1, 5, 17, 33, and 1901: A very magical day at Disney.

to my very magical one day Disneyland report. The day was part of a 9 day trip to Southern California for Spring Break. Because I’'ve got two other trip reports in the works I decided to just report on our day at Disneyland and DCA.

The week was filled with a ton of fun from a suite upgrade at Sam’s Town in Las Vegas on our drive out to So Cal to perfectly beautiful beach weather, it was one of the best vacations we’ve ever had even if it included only one day at Disneyland. I know I always say it’s the best vacation but they really are all so terrific.

Let’s start with the first number which is 1. We would have only one day at the parks and it would be Easter Sunday no less. It would also be my family’'s first visit to Carsland.

5. There are five of us in our family. Me, DH, and the cash vacuums. Here’s a photo on our first beach day. We weren’t so pale when we left.

17. We’'d have 17 park hours to which we’d cram in as much Disney fun as possible. I think we accomplished our goal. And then some.

33. Due to generosity of a kind stranger, I was able to surprise DH and the kids with dinner at Club 33. Thank you again kind stranger. It really was the night of a lifetime. It was pure magic.

1901. Due to the kindness of a friend of a friend of a friend, we also we’re given the opportunity to visit 1901. My hands are shaking as I type this. I had no clue how just plain cool 1901 is. None. Zero. Zip. Thank goodness DD took a ton of photos.

Because we’'d only have one day and we love our midday breaks a night at the Disneyland Hotel was in order. We are DVC owners but it’s nearly impossible to score a villa at the GCV less than 4 months out so we opted to use points for a night at the Disneyland Hotel. I had just stayed there for a night a month earlier with my bestie for our birthdays and fell in love with the hotel. I hadn'’t been since the refurb of both the hotel and pool and Disney did a great job. Love love love.

The hotel was a surprise. I dig a good surprise. We stayed with my girlfriend the rest of the vacation but I just have to be at Disneyland when I’'m at Disneyland. It’s a sickness.

Because we were staying on property we’'d have access to EMH at DCA. EMH was at 7 am. My friend lives about 10-15 minutes away so that meant we’d have to wake up by 5:30 (5:00 for me), leave her house by 6 am, drive to the resort, valet, check in, grab our tickets from guest services, and be to the DCA gate by about 6:50. Park hours were 8-midnight for Disneyland and 8a-10p for DCA.

I was up about 4:30 am. I was just so excited. Club 33 was also a surprise for DH and the kids and between that and Carsland and 1901 and the hotel, I couldn’t sleep. We were all packed and in the car at 5:58 am. That’s magic right there. Funny, my kids will always wake up happy for Disney but never for anything else. Gotta love having teens and tweens.

So on the way none of them noticed the bags we had packed and I’'m not sure how. I told them when packing for the trip that they needed to pack something nice to wear in case when went to a fancy dinner. They all obeyed. Yay me! We used backpacks and my DVC bag to pack as not to clue them in. I packed some waters and a bunch of snacks too. I’'m far from cheap when it comes to meals and snacks at Disneyland but paying $3 for a water freaks me out and I avoid it if at all possible. I also always like to have some sort of food with us. I didn’t grow up hungry so I have no idea where my need to feed comes from.

When we turned at the Disneyland Hotel they got suspicious.

Not even we pulled in to the valet did I admit we were staying the night. Finally while checking in and giving DH his birthday button did I give in. They were elated! The CM also told us our room would be ready early and it was. We dropped our luggage at bell services and were on our way. Luckily the CM at the Disneyland Hotel was able to print our tickets so we didn’t have to deal with guest services at DCA. I had faxed in a request to receive the same room I had stayed in the month prior. It was 2247 on the 4th floor with a view of DTD. They granted our request and we got the same room. I was elated! The CM confirmed that that was our room upon checking in and it would be ready earlier than the normal check in time. The photos below are from my trip a month ago. As it was the same exact room. I thought it would be okay to post the photos I had already taken. Once the kids hit the room it turns into a mess and I’'m sure no one want to see that.

We headed through DTD with a spring in our step and smiles on our faces. It just doesn’t get much better. I was still harboring the Club 33 secret and could literally burst at the seams. Security was a breeze but I was surprised at how many people were there already.

We arrived at DCA at just about 6:45 am. Happy kids waiting to enter:

To be continued…..

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-30-2013 at 09:48 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

I'm in...coming back to read.

Jill in CO

ETA...Can you adopt me please? I can't believe you were able to pull off the surprise about staying onsite.

Last edited by jedijill; 04-15-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Finally came back to read!
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Yay for another TR!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in...coming back to read.

Jill in CO

ETA...Can you adopt me please? I can't believe you were able to pull off the surprise about staying onsite.
and and I'll adopt you. I'm only 44 so we may get funny looks when I explain that you're my daughter.

I'm surprised too. I think it was so early in the morning that they didn't clue in. Telling them that DVC can swim even if we're not staying the night didn't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Yay for another TR!

Why not right?! This one will be finished in a matter of days I think. It's only a one day trip but I have a ridiculous amount of photos.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #5
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I'm here!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Nice to hear you start another trip report. Great pictures from the DLH room that you were staying. I can't wait to read more.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

I'm in
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I'm in

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #9
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Shame on them vetoing your plan at the last minute! Sorry you waited so long for the FPs. I'll have to remember your planned strategy for my trip. Your pictures are making me even more excited!

You're going to love Disneyland and DCA. Disneyland is pure magic. I live MK and WDW but Disneyland is by far my favorite of the 6 parks.

I know, shame on them. Beasts. They learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Oh, great update! We have to get our boys to Cars Land! We watched Cars on Sunday it was DS5's pick. I reminded DS9 that Cars was his 1st movie he saw in the theater. He was just 2 at the time, oh the Disney memories!

Are you packing/packed??

They will love Carsland. My DS11 loved it. Thought is was so cool. And it really it. They did a phenomenal job with it. It really feels like you're in the movie. I wish we had more time there but next time.

Quote:
It looks like your morning got off to a great start despite the last minute change up. It seems that RSR has taken the panic out of getting to TSMM 1st thing for FPs....

They rode twice with no wait, walked on both times. Carsland has definitely taken the early morning crowds from TSMM. About an hour in though, the wait for TSMM was back up to 45 minutes. Next time we'll do it totally different.

Quote:
Now I haven't seen Cars Land yet, but my favorite part of DCA is Flick's Fun Fair. Love the theming there, and it kinda reminds me of AK.

Bug'sLand in DCA is awesome too, the theme and details are so great. Sadly the only thing we ever ride is Heimlich's Chew Chew and that's purely for nostalgic reasons. Chloe was a Big'sLand fanatic when she was little. Still one of their favorite movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I enjoy all your pictures and descriptions on all your Disney trip reports. I can imagine it clearly of how you describe it. Your middle DD took really nice pictures during your DL trip.
Thank you. She had so much fun taking photos.

Quote:
Very nice update at DCA that morning.

I'm sorry to hear that RSR was down that morning. I have learned from overtime ever since RSR has been opened since last summer, never go on RSR first thing in the morning since I have heard and experience it being not opened at the beginning. Just like you that morning during my August trip last year that I have to wast part of my EMH at DCA trying to get on RSR when the park opened. Even though you waited awhile to get FP's for RSR that morning, it was well worth it not to have to wait in the stand-by queue for over two hours.
It was totally worth it for sure but I won't do Carsland again on an EMH/MM day. I'll head straight to TSMM and then Screamin' for sure. I knew better. My little Disney voice was telling me. I wonder how long it took to start running that morning? I knew I didn't want to wait forever and miss out on FPs for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
I'm in

and Glad to have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I'm in

and Good to see you here.

I'm working on another update.

Last edited by rentayenta; 04-18-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #10
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

Love it so far! Nice to read one with tweens as we'll be there in June with an 11 and 14yo. We can move at a good clip too! My DD11 has curls just like your DD's only not as long. It takes forever to grow when it goes in spirals.

I am still unsure how to approach RSR- DH would be really good at wide right- he's a good crowd navigator and speed walker- but experiences like yours make me think maybe we'll just shoot for single rider.
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD16 DD13

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjscheel View Post
Love it so far! Nice to read one with tweens as we'll be there in June with an 11 and 14yo. We can move at a good clip too! My DD11 has curls just like your DD's only not as long. It takes forever to grow when it goes in spirals.

I am still unsure how to approach RSR- DH would be really good at wide right- he's a good crowd navigator and speed walker- but experiences like yours make me think maybe we'll just shoot for single rider.

I'd definitely do wide right and at least ride once as a family. After that it would single ride all the way. Carsland is so cool. I think it'll be crowded forever though. I'm looking forward to a longer trip where we can really explore.

Cute your DD has spirals. Does she dislike them as much as my Chloe does? I tell her that she'll love them when she grows up but at 14 big curly hair isn't in style. She uses so much product too. I have found that with her hair, it's quantity when it comes to product, not quality. We've tried everything. Right now we're liking a combo of shae butter and a light gel. What do you use? I'm always up for trying something new to fight off frizz.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #12
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
[CENTER]Are you packing/packed??
We are packing, just waiting on some dry cleaning and a few odds and ends. We ordered some eBag packing cubes and they are making things so much easier when figuring out what should go in what suitcase, etc. So far we've each got a carry on, 2 suit cases, a duffel bag and a garment bag it's nuts and I've been very selective about what we are taking so we aren't over packing. Our boys think we are crazy packing so early, but little do they know that we are only 8 days away
Old 05-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #13
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I am glad that I caught this before heading to the airport in a little over two hours. What a truly magical evening you had even if service could have been a bit better. I loved all the photos. I can't believe that I will be at Grand Californian tonight and at Disneyland tomorrow ( here in the UK, it is already May 16th).

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #14
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Me too! I know you're using real butter and sour cream too. The food for the meet during your Fall trip to WDW sounds great too. You know we'll be crashing your house for dinner one of these visits.
Of course, in fact Fran had me buy another sour cream (even though I knew we had plenty left) It was great. You can crash the new house. We don't let anyone in this one it's awful. PIO got a special one day pass, but we are so overstuffed (think hoarders) that we need our new 5-6 bedroom house with family room and oversized living room to fit everything in so that we don't look like the house was recently tossed!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:55 AM   #15
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I know you were running out of adjectives but I have to say that was a FABULOUS meal! Chloe did a great job with the photos. Just wow! The memories for you and your family will be so amazing!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your evening!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: