Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
rachlovestv
Mouseketeer

Star Wars Land?

So, a few weeks ago, I got an email from WDW asking is I would participate in a survey. I was there last November, and one day when I entered, I had given a cast member my email address right after entering the park.

I assumed this was going to be just a quick post-trip survey, but it ended up being an in-depth survey about my Star Wars knowledge and fandom, as well as what specific places I'd like to visit were WDW to include Star Wars in a park, along with what rides I'd like to see and what characters I'd like to meet.

It definitely makes me think they are seriously considering adding a decent-sized Star Wars Land to one of the parks - maybe DHS? There was even a question about if I'd prefer 3 lands with 1 ride each or 2 lands with 2 rides each.

Did anyone else end up taking this survey? It definitely peaked the interest and me and my friends, many of whom are die-hard Star Wars fanatics.
rachlovestv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:06 AM   #2
raydurz
Mouseketeer

You mentioned WDW having a Star Wars land? Did you mean Disneyland? A WDW Star Wars land would be awesome. I have heard about Disneyland and Disney Paris, Star Wars land. I've also heard about these surveys that people have been getting. Im sure it's going to happen. I can't wait.
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

Yea I heard of DisneyLand Passholders getting this survey, but not guests at WDW. That is great if you did and I would love to receive this survey myself.
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Bring it on! More stuff!
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #5
rachlovestv
Mouseketeer

The email I got was from visiting WDW, and asked if I was more likely to visit again if there was a SW land, so I'm assuming they're considering one there.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #6
raydurz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachlovestv View Post
The email I got was from visiting WDW, and asked if I was more likely to visit again if there was a SW land, so I'm assuming they're considering one there.
Awesome! I wish I would've gotten a survey back when I visited last December. I wish they would keep it limited to Episodes IV-VII (and perhaps VII-IX), but I'd take it however it goes. I wonder who the poor sap they're going to pick to be Jar Jar is going to be?

Last edited by raydurz; 04-15-2013 at 06:01 AM.
raydurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
Jimsig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydurz View Post
I wonder who the poor sap they're going to pick to be Jar Jar is going to be?
The most bored character at autograph time with no line???

Jan 86, March 90, Sept 90, Sept 96, Nov 99, Jan 02 off site

April 13 OKW
Oct 14 FW Cabins

Jimsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
ThroughLookingGlass
“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

That is fantastic I hope this happens and they scrap the idiotic avatar land.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #9
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsig View Post
The most bored character at autograph time with no line???
that's gonna put Gepetto on the unemployment line...he'll be laid off due to "redundancy"

watch out, Governor Radcliff...you're next
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #10
rachlovestv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydurz View Post

I wonder who the poor sap they're going to pick to be Jar Jar is going to be?
There was a "what characters would you NOT want to meet in the park?" question, which I'm sure Jar Jar was picked for a lot. I would be shocked to see a Jar Jar walking around the parks one day. LOL.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~I would love to see something new at DHS, it's desperately needed. With that said, I have some concerns about Star Wars, because Star Tours is hardly popular, it's always been walk on, even after the recent refurb. Why is that? I really enjoy the ride, and I have read nothing but great reviews from others. I really hope Star Wars is not overrated. I also wonder if Star Wars land will be aesthetically pleasing for the average theme park guest. I think Carsland is beautiful, especially at night. Avatarland will look fabulous, day or night, with its lush landscaping and glorious mountains. I'm super excited about Avatarland, I just can't wait for that! And, I'm equally excited about something new for DHS, maybe a combination of Pixarland & Star Wars will be best. We'll see.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #12
darrius1st
Mouseketeer

If this is true I'm there 3 times a year.
2006-Comfort Suites Universal-2008- Magical Memories-2009-Harbour Lake-2010-Bonnet Creek-Summer 2011-Bonnet Creek and Westgate Lakes-June 2012-Sheraton Vistana Villages-July 2013-The Fountains and Bonnet Creek
darrius1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #13
rachlovestv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~I would love to see something new at DHS, it's desperately needed. With that said, I have some concerns about Star Wars, because Star Tours is hardly popular, it's always been walk on, even after the recent refurb. Why is that? I really enjoy the ride, and I have read nothing but great reviews from others. I really hope Star Wars is not overrated.
On the other hand, the Star Tours at Disneyland is rarely walk-on these days. If you get there when park opens, you can usually get right on, but after that, the line is usually 30-90 minutes long. I'm not too worried about their overestimating the popularity of Star Wars, especially with new movies coming out.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~I would love to see something new at DHS, it's desperately needed. With that said, I have some concerns about Star Wars, because Star Tours is hardly popular, it's always been walk on, even after the recent refurb. Why is that? I really enjoy the ride, and I have read nothing but great reviews from others. I really hope Star Wars is not overrated. I also wonder if Star Wars land will be aesthetically pleasing for the average theme park guest. I think Carsland is beautiful, especially at night. Avatarland will look fabulous, day or night, with its lush landscaping and glorious mountains. I'm super excited about Avatarland, I just can't wait for that! And, I'm equally excited about something new for DHS, maybe a combination of Pixarland & Star Wars will be best. We'll see.
I am actually not that excited about Star Wars land. I would much rather see Carsland come to DHS. Avatarland could be breathtaking if they do it well with lots of glow in the dark plants and specialty lighting mixed in with lush landscaping...but Avatarland fits in better at Ak due to is ecology/enviro theme. (And AK needs an evening draw.)
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #15
goofy370
was a wanna be, now a used to be

I visited WDW in December and I received the survey about a Star Wars land too. It was a long survey that went into detail about characters and places I would want to see at WDW. The survey took about 20 minutes to complete. Here's hoping something comes of it.

goofy370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: