Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

cookes of dublin

Never been here. Are the pies any good? The chicken/mushroom and the beef/lamb sound wonderful! the menu says they are available daily until they sell out. Does that really happen often? Want to know if I need to be there for lunch instead of dinner.

Also, anyone ever try the kids Dubliner Mac and Cheese? is it regular kraft type of mac and cheese or is it special somehow? My DD hates that boxed stuff! Does anyone have a pic?

cab0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
I Run Long
DIS Veteran

We went there a couple of years ago. I know my DS and DH tried to order a pie (I can't remember which one) and it was sold out. They suggested an alternative pie and they both loved, loved, loved it! So yes, they do sell out but their meals are fantastic. My DS especially always wants to go there. Well, truth be told, we all do. It is on our must do list every time. Never tried the Mac & Cheese but since it is really part of Raglan Road I very much doubt it is like the boxed type. I couldn't agree more - every time I look at the boxed stuff it makes my stomach heave and that's never good. I'm pretty sure their Mac & Cheese is homemade style. Enjoy!

Me DH DS18 DD16

I Run Long is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
cab0ad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Run Long View Post
We went there a couple of years ago. I know my DS and DH tried to order a pie (I can't remember which one) and it was sold out. They suggested an alternative pie and they both loved, loved, loved it! So yes, they do sell out but their meals are fantastic. My DS especially always wants to go there. Well, truth be told, we all do. It is on our must do list every time. Never tried the Mac & Cheese but since it is really part of Raglan Road I very much doubt it is like the boxed type. I couldn't agree more - every time I look at the boxed stuff it makes my stomach heave and that's never good. I'm pretty sure their Mac & Cheese is homemade style. Enjoy!
what do you mean, it is part of raglan road? They are in the same building? same cooks? I didn't know that.

cab0ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
I Run Long
DIS Veteran

Well, the location of Cookes of Dublin is attached to Raglan Road - the entrance to Raglan Road is around the corner from Cookes of Dublin. Don't know if I made any sense there.

Me DH DS18 DD16

I Run Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0ad View Post
what do you mean, it is part of raglan road? They are in the same building? same cooks? I didn't know that.
Yes, Cooke's is the counter service venue for Raglan Road.

It's always busy when we've been there so I would go for lunch just in case they do run out of the pies. However, the fish and chips and scallops are excellent alternatives.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: