Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
baldy6060
Mouseketeer

Epcot food

My wife and I tried Biergarten and Tangeriene Cafe last year. Now with the kids we want to try new stuff (and maybe Biergarten again). We are having trouble figuring out what to eat. We want "new" or "unique" but not nasty. And my daughter is the type to order a burger or hot dog no matter where she is. The kids need more culture. We are considering sampling around the world but it depends on the kids' patience and mood. So what are the can't miss items in Epcot? What do you feel is a can't miss restaurant in Epcot? We have lots of Chinese and Mexican restaurants around here and a new Japanese Teppanyaki style restaurant so I don't know if they are unique enough to warrant a visit. But all suggestions will be considered and appreciated.
baldy6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

I am a very simple eater. Plain food! We love VN. The pizza is great! Desserts too. Love Tutto. OMG the pasta! We also like Chefs and Rose n Crown. One of our fav places is CR. Atmosphere is great and the food is too! You can ask for sauces on the side or sub fries etc. Disney restaurants are very accommodating to us picky eaters!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I have never had nasty food in Epcot and I have eaten there countless times.
If you have a Japanese Steakhouse near you I would skip Teppan Edo. Although we love it, it will be similar.
We love Via Napoli in Italy, La Hacienda in Mexico, Rose & Crown in the UK and Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco. They have a Moroccan band and Belly dancer there. It might be fun for your kids.
Enjoy where ever you choose.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #4
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Arekush the Norway restaurant may be a good fit for your family the food is plain but a bit differen. It's in a " castle" & will have princess as well.

Morocco would be an experience but maybe too much if you have plain eaters.

Consider Coral Reef in Epcot as well it's over in future world in the " aquarium" in fact the main walls are glass so you can see the sea life! It books up fast tho..

Also in future world in The Land Pavillion is Garden Grill which is all you can eat brought to your table. The restaurant very slowly turns so you can get different views..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #5
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

The only nasty food I ever had at EPCOT was Akershus dinner entrees! Blech! I had the salmon. We like Via Napoli or Tutto Italia for Pizza/Italian. We like Chefs de France as well.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Marrakesh is my favorite! We also love Chefs de France and San Angel Inn. Good luck deciding!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
kashzan
Earning My Ears

we eat in Morocco every year, our first night. 19 trips, 19 dinners and always a wonderful experience.
kashzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #8
ArmyVet80
Mouseketeer

Rose & Crown in England while the Hat Lady is playing is pretty cool and the food is good.

Morocco/Marrakesh has some pretty good food and the band with the belly dancers.

Chefs de Paris has Remy on a little platter that comes around to the tables and pretty good food.

Via Napoli is one of our favorites. The pizza is outstanding.

We have eaten at almost every WS eatery, only missing China and Japan which we will be sampling in Nov. 2013.

POFQ: June 2009
All-Star Music: Dec. 2010 thru Jan. 2011
CSR: Sept. 2012
POFQ: Nov. 2013
POFQ: Sept/Oct 2014
ArmyVet80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
Eureka
DIS Veteran

How old are your kids? Our first trip, the kids were 5 and 7 and not too interested in the cultural aspect of Epcot. We snacked around the world and they got hot dogs at an outpost. We also ate at Coral Reef and had a table next to the aquarium....loved the scenery, did not love the food. Second trip they were 8 and 10 and much more interested in the food...during that trip we ate at Rose and Crown, Le Cellier and Chefs de France, LOVED Le Cellier, really liked Chefs and thought R & C was only OK.This summer, they are 10 and 12 and it will be a shorter Disney trip since we are also doing Universal. We wanted to try restaurants we had never been to at Epcot and are going to Teppan Edo and Via Napoli. I have one kid that loves meat and hates pasta or rice, so I have a feeling I will be eating mostly noodles at Teppan Edo, lol! But even so, he loves trying different kinds of foods, even if he doesn't like most of them.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #10
VACamm
DIS Veteran

My kids LOVE Rose and Crown ... and San Angel Inn. Both have lots to choose from.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #11
rainynight
Mouseketeer

The Garden Grill. Very yummy food and such a relaxing character meal in a beautiful setting.
rainynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
jadelane1
Mouseketeer

We love the coral reef restaurant. We ate there twice and loved it! It's great if you like fish. We also always go to ashker house in Norway. We do the princess dinner and they have a log flume right next door so the kids do that while we wait. The food is different but we always like it. They also have a fruit, meat, and cheese sort of bar for the pickier eaters. Take a look at the menu on line.
jadelane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #13
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

I don't even know what nasty food IS. How can food be "nasty?"
Old 04-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #14
baldy6060
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the input! If it helps my DD is 15 and DS is 12. We were already leaning toward pizza at Via Napoli. My only problem: I don't want pepperoni, cheese or sausage pizza. I'd want something different but kids don't like mushrooms and there's no way I could get them to eat prosciutto with cantaloupe.
baldy6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #15
karly05
DIS Veteran

Another vote for Via Napoli! As for the "what kind of pizza?" debate - I don't do the dining plan, so not sure how this affects you, but if I had a family with differing tastes, I'd get 2 or 3 different "individual" pizzas and share. (The individual is pretty big, I can't finish one by myself.)

For quick service, Yorkshire County Fish Shop (fish & chips) in the UK is a must-do for me, and I enjoyed the sandwich and pastry I had at the remodeled/expanded French bakery. (Love Tangierine Cafe, too, but you've already mentioned that.)
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: