Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
IsabellaandPhineas12
Earning My Ears

Parking in Vancouver

DW and I are sailing on the Wonder to Alaska at the end of May. We live in Northern California and decided to take the scenic route and drive to Vancouver instead of fly. I have read the Vancouver thread and it talks about reserving a parking spot ahead of time. Is this necessary? Can we get a spot when we get there or does it fill up completely? Any help is much appreciated!
IsabellaandPhineas12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
dllocals
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabellaandPhineas12 View Post
DW and I are sailing on the Wonder to Alaska at the end of May. We live in Northern California and decided to take the scenic route and drive to Vancouver instead of fly. I have read the Vancouver thread and it talks about reserving a parking spot ahead of time. Is this necessary? Can we get a spot when we get there or does it fill up completely? Any help is much appreciated!
It is easy to reserve a parking place at Canada place, where the Wonder docks. We drove from So Cal and arrived one day early. We were able to park right across from the elevators. I forget the daily rate we paid but you can look it up on their web sit. I would reserve your spot unless you don't know when you will be arriving. You could just call, they are nice people. There are other lots where you can park and take a shuttle in, but it is super convenient just to walk off the ship to your parked car. There is no rush to a shuttle either. Plus, if you park your car at Canada Place you can stow your luggage after the cruise in your car and stop at the attached Starbucks or take a hop-on hop-off tour that stops right in front of Canada Place. The last thing you want to do after a cruise is to have wait in another line for a shuttle to get to your car. Relax, reserve a place to park.
dllocals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
wachnicki
Mouseketeer

We are also driving from No. California and have going back and forth with parking at Canada Place vs finding a hotel with Park and Sail. Park and sail definitely cheaper, but they only seem to offer transportation TO the port, not BACK to the hotel after the cruise.......I just remember waiting over an hour in the sweltering August humidity last year (FL) for DH to go and pick up the rental car so we could save $60.
I think convienience might win this time.
wachnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachnicki View Post
We are also driving from No. California and have going back and forth with parking at Canada Place vs finding a hotel with Park and Sail. Park and sail definitely cheaper, but they only seem to offer transportation TO the port, not BACK to the hotel after the cruise.......I just remember waiting over an hour in the sweltering August humidity last year (FL) for DH to go and pick up the rental car so we could save $60.
I think convienience might win this time.
Have you called the hotels to see how they actually work it? Because I'm not sure it makes sense if they only provide one-way transportation, when they have your car and know you have to get back there.

Or just take a cab back, if they do truly only offer transport one way.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
mom2twokids
Mouseketeer

It's hard to accept the $200 price tag for parking for the week but it is what it is. It's the one thing I haven't booked yet because I hate the thought of it but I will suck it up and book it by the end of the week for our cruise in June.

I'm not sure that you have to reserve a spot but if you know you are going to be parking there it's better to be safe in my opinion.
mom2twokids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: