Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

January 1st, 2014 GOAAAAALLLLLLLL....

Mission Statement:

Quote:
150 or BUST!!!

This is my third and FINAL WISH journal! You guys have helped me find weight loss to be fun and doable...half the battle!! Below is my starting weight, I probably weighed over 205 but could not bring myself to weigh until 10 days into April when I weighed 203.4....so I will post my ending weight on the 6th of each month..we start our Disney vacation on the 7th..so excited to make this goal happen!

APRIL 205+ ------197
MAY 197---------192
JUNE192---------191
JULY191---------191
AUGUST191------185
SEPTEMBER185----DISNEY VACATION----
OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
DECEMBER

My weight loss novella:
Normal weight child, maybe even underweight...
In 7th grade put on about 20 pounds over, by 9th grade had lost it.
Weighed 130
Middle of 9th grade my parents went through a mid-life crisis that lasted 7 years...I put on 90 pounds in ONE YEAR!!!
Weighed 220
Kept that on until my first year of college...LOST 90 pounds in 9 months!!
Weighed 130
Whew! Kept that off until my first pregnancy...
Had three children in 4 years..highest during pregnancy..
Weighed 230
Came to WISH and 8 months later got down to
177!!!
Had 31 months of two mortgages and ballooned up to
265!!!
Last January started a journey to goal!!! Lost 75 pounds and made it to
187 by September 1st
Five months later, two bad kidney infections, sciatica and I'm probably back in the 190s..just do NOT want to weigh yet!! Will weigh in next Friday!! But I know that I can be within goal by September 1st if I plug away and stick to it..

For me goal is anything between 140-155...It has been so long since I've been down that far and expect to put on a good bit of muscle that the number is not so much important as the fit of the clothing...I have a size 6 pair of jeans (they really look like 10s from the old days) that will be my true test!! When I can fit into those and they FEEL right...I will be at GOAAAAALLLLLL!!! So, the final number may change

We have planned a family trip to the World in September...to walk into that park at goal weight will really make me cry..or act like a kid and squeal!! We have not been to the World in 8 years and to experience it with all our kids before they all leave for college will be a great blessing...Our son will be a senior, daughters will be freshman and sophomore. Too soon they will all be off

I vow to be that active momma they have missed out on at my highest weights...my dh is also trying to get off 60 pounds in 5 months so I am trying to encourage him..Each month I am going to try a different path...

The next thirty days are Jillian's 30 day Shred and replacing dinner meal with a spinach/kale/fruit smoothie...breakfast is a bowl of cereal or boiled egg/toast, lunch is a protein/cheese/whole grain and snacks are 15 almonds, spoon peanut butter, cheese/crackers, 1/2 a fruit (one of those )...I am also adding in 5 days of treadmill..goal is to get 2 miles below 30 minutes..today I was at 32:40...My goal is hit below 30 by the end of this month...

I know many of you can identify with this yoyo living...I hope my journey and musings can encourage you to realize that goal is not a far off idea, but a dream you can realize.

To all my fellow losers, maintainers, goalies...

Nice to meet you all and will be posting pictures soon!

Momma on a mission!
MAY BEFORE PICTURE!!

APRIL BEFORE PICTURE!! Will post a new one at the first of each month!

Heaviest: Cringe, double cringe, but when I look at this picture I see the stress of two mortgages for 31 months! Glad that is over!!

Wedding day 20 years ago :

On to losing!!

Last edited by lmhall2000; 09-18-2013 at 09:11 AM.
lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Just thought I'd follow along! Sounds like you've had quite the journey. I like how you've identified the 'reasons' for each time you yo-yo. I think that is definitely an important piece of information. Many people don't ever identify that.

Sounds like you have an awesome plan and are on the right track with your 2 miles in 32 minutes! Wow.

I am subscribing to cheer you on!

You can do it!!!

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along....you can do it!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
lmhall2000

You two are my "YOU CAN DO IT" buddies!! Thanks so much for encouragement!! I had to find something to wear that would be tight fitting because all my workout clothes are baggy stuff...I'll post my heaviest picture and my last skinniest picture in the past 20 years Thanks!

Old 04-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
lmhall2000

Ah, first day of new eating plan...sooo easy but when you hit day 13 becomes old fast.spinach smoothie went well, was full..but now am starving..left my almonds in the car and no break until noon...had toast one one egg for breakfast..lunch will be hot dog with no bun and salad...dinner is spinach kale smoothie...busy busy day, whew!
Testing SAT today, hit the library, pick up items for scouting meeting, grade papers, get up at 6am to start SAT tests again, live an hour away from testing facility...no time to eat, going to squeeze in Workout late tonight.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
lmhall2000

Keeping it honest, no hot dog for lunch, had to hit McDonald's and got a grilled chicken snack wrap, about 250 calories...also had my 15 almonds...I have to count them out or I'd eat 3 servings! Dinner was spinach, kale, strawberries and blueberries...it doesn't make me gag so I'm happy Letting it settle before I tackle Jillian's crunches!

Should have had more water, I am the WORST at hydrating!! Here is what I've had for water..

1 large diet dr. pepper (limiting myself to diet sodas to 2x a week)
1 glass of water with breakfast and 1 cup of water with smoothie...will drink another before the work out and after, but really need to carry water with me!!

Old 04-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
lmhall2000

Oh!! I found my inspiration swim dress!!! Love this!!! I just can not afford to pay full price but may have to have this be my mother's day gift to myself!

http://www.nautica.com/product/index...entPage=family

Love it!!

Last edited by lmhall2000; 04-11-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
lmhall2000

Now I am all confused, I think I just finished day 6 or 7 of 30DS..hmm...I need to go consult the 30 DS thread and see what was my first day..but it is going better with the back brace on...really helps support my back during push ups and abdominal crunches.

If anyone is out there considering starting their own journal, do it!! I will come and encourage you as often as I can! I have done this 3x at WISH and it always works better if you put it down in words...let go of the bad days, MOVE on with the next..meaning make those muscles work!

I hope that my struggles and forced celebrations (who really wants to celebrate a pound gone?? For me it's just a reminder that I put that darn tootin thing on in the first place!) but I do force celebrations because I believe it is twice as hard to lose one pound as it is to gain one!

Going to go do my treadmill...it helps loosen up my abs and shoulders after all that strength training

Oh! Best smoothie EVER tonight! Kale was gone (wahoo!) so we had spinach, one pear and a cup of blackberries...the pear made it delish!! So wonderful!!

Old 04-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
lmhall2000

HA!!! Today was only day 5 of 30DS! HA! I guess it feels more like 6 or 7 days... So May 6th will be my last day to do it!

Any suggestions on what I can add in after that? Not familiar with all her stuff, but any other program is welcome too...I have P90X, made it through day 30 last year but hated the man!

Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #10
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Free dining saved our inspiration trip! Booked standard view at Contemporary, saved $2000 over what was going rate for availability at CR! So excited! Now to go take my April after picture!
Woohoo to the Contemporary! That is DH's dream resort. Hopefully we can swing it in 2015 when we go for Star Wars Weekends. I checked out your April pics! I can definitely see a difference in your back and legs. The lighting is different so it made it hard but you can definitely see it. Have you measured yet?

Quote:
FINISHED Jillian's 30 Day Shred!!!

So thrilled!! I made it 30 straight days, even the days I through my back out! Even while camping with 65 girls in American Heritage Girls! Even while having to get up at 4:30 to get my son to rowing practice or to a regatta! I am sooo OVER THE MOON!! I even added in many miles on the treadmill and nature trails!

I took my after picture today, but my computer says there is no scratch disc space to splice them on my photoshop, dh is out of town for 3 days so unless he can walk me through it, not sure I can get it done before then! But, besides my chest seeming larger (relatively speaking thanks to hormone crisis that is perimenopause!) everything else looks smaller!! Bulges not so big, tummy definitely pulling in and I notice it more on my side profile outside my horrendous arms...shirts are looser but I just hate looking at them..

I am going to measure today and keep track of measurements as well these last 4 months! The weather is doing crazy things here! We are usually swimming by now..but I'm freezing! Not complaining because have not had to use AC/Heat for over 30 days now!! But I would like to pack all these XL clothing (sweatshirts) and donate them! They are too big!! Heading to Mediums and Smalls!!
Congrats on finishing the 30day shred! That is quite the accomplishment! I really want to start doing that one. How did measurements go? I am so sorry the scale seems stuck at 197. Perhaps you are really gaining alot of muscle doing all that awesome exercise and you are getting stronger and ultimately the pounds will start coming off but right now you are busy gaining muscle!

Keep up the good work. I am following along (i get subscription sent to my email) but I don't always get a chance to actually visit the boards to post. So know I am cheering you on with every post.

You can do it!!!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #11
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Smile

Well I know that feeling all too well.The scale-ugh! They say don't rely on that but on how your clothes feel, I am such a visual person I need the scale to motivate me too.

Great job on the weeding and garage -that is an awesome accomplishment.I have been on a clean out frenzy here too.

You never know what is going to drop the pounds-yesterday I had my normal Tosca Reno CC and protein meals but also had a med vanilla soft serve w sprinkles and a Tollhouse choc chip cookie bar and am down 1.2 lbs-go figure???

With all the fluid retention of course drink loads of h2o to flush out your system but also drink green tea- that extra fluid will be gone-plain,few cups a day.

Have a great Mothers day!!!!

Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #12
lmhall2000

TIP #1:

For any with back pain while they are trying to get in shape, this back brace is a life saver!!!! Worth the bit of money!!

http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Adjust...ler+back+brace

Do not let physical pain overwhelm you! There are helps out there to help you become stronger!

Old 04-13-2013, 05:23 AM   #13
lmhall2000

Personal Pat on the Back!

Have to drive many hours to make it in time to my son's regatta in another state...up at 5am to do my 30DS for the day since I likely will not return before midnight...what does this say folks?

I am COMMITTED!!! Or as Randy Jackson would say, "She is in it to WIN it"

Or in this case, LOSE it!!!! Off to get my workout completed! Praying the dogs leave me be, they like to come in while I"m exercising and sit on me while I do the stomach crunches...with no kids to keep them out up this early, it will be a challenge

Old 04-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Personal Pat on the Back!

Have to drive many hours to make it in time to my son's regatta in another state...up at 5am to do my 30DS for the day since I likely will not return before midnight...what does this say folks?

I am COMMITTED!!! Or as Randy Jackson would say, "She is in it to WIN it"

Or in this case, LOSE it!!!! Off to get my workout completed! Praying the dogs leave me be, they like to come in while I"m exercising and sit on me while I do the stomach crunches...with no kids to keep them out up this early, it will be a challenge
Good job! Its funny a friend on my facebook was up at 130am doing 30DS too. lol She watches it on youtube. Now that I know its on youtube I might try it too.

Your goal is definitely ambitious but since you are making such drastic changes hopefully you will meet your goals. Just keep swimming!!!

Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #15
lmhall2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
Good job! Its funny a friend on my facebook was up at 130am doing 30DS too. lol She watches it on youtube. Now that I know its on youtube I might try it too.

Your goal is definitely ambitious but since you are making such drastic changes hopefully you will meet your goals. Just keep swimming!!!
Thanks so much!!!

Congrats to you on heading to goal!! You're less than halfway there, it feels great doesn't it??? After taking a 5 month break I am ready to commit 5 months to getting there Soooo hard, I get tired, but I know it can be done Stayed under 1200 calories today even travelling...had another McD's snack wrap, pasta (about a cup), cereal and pistachios...

Sooo tired, was on the road 8 hours today..sigh.

Oh! Also want to encourage you to add 30DS to your plan! It really helps keep your mind focused on building a leaner and stronger body!

Last edited by lmhall2000; 04-14-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: