Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
adisneytattoo91
Practically Perfect in Every Way

Pre load stateroom account?

I don't even know where to begin searching for this, but question. Is it possible to have money preloaded onto your stateroom account? We planned on settling with cash, and just having it loaded up and ready to go would be super convenient :

WDW 2007 BoardWalk
WDW 2011 Beach Club Villas
WDW 2012 All Star Music
DCL 2012 Disney Dream - Bahamas
Disney Fairytale Wedding 2012
WDW 2012 Coronado Springs
WDW 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
DCL 2013 Disney Dream
WDW 2013 Caribbean Beach
adisneytattoo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
neg58
DIS Veteran

Yes, you can pay up front any amount you want, and you can go and add money toward your bill whenever you feel you are getting low. At the end, if too much was paid,they will refund whatever is left.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

I was going to ask this same question, so thanks!

Also, can we take Disney gift cards to guest services to credit our account onboard? It seems easier to suggest those for gifts fr upcoming birthdays than to ask people to call and add OBC.

Disney Wonder to Alaska June 17-24, 2013 - fell in love with DCL!
Next cruise: Fantasy Eastern June 6, 2015
ScottFamily2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFamily2005 View Post

Also, can we take Disney gift cards to guest services to credit our account onboard? It seems easier to suggest those for gifts fr upcoming birthdays than to ask people to call and add OBC.
Wondering the same thing!
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
ptisme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFamily2005 View Post

We took two Disney gift cards with $500.00 each on them and took them to guest services the first day to put on our account. They pull all charges from this first, then what other form of payment you have on file with them. Be sure to keep the gift cards because if you don't spend all the money they will only refund to the cards.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #6
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

I also put money on my account before going. About three days before our cruise I put the money I had been saving up for the cruise into my checking account and then I called and had them charge my account and put it on my onboard account. I had about $200 left over and they just applied it back to my checking account. Very easy.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:08 AM   #7
ChristinaDK
Just like we dreeeeeaaaamm it

So I can call from home and have them put money on our account? We will like to have 1500-2000$ on, as we are on WBTA next year, and we never have our cards with us when we travel.

ChristinaDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #8
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaDK View Post
So I can call from home and have them put money on our account? We will like to have 1500-2000$ on, as we are on WBTA next year, and we never have our cards with us when we travel.
You sure can - and just tomb safe the first thing I did when I boarded was went to the guest services desk and made sure it was there - and it was.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #9
twinsmom328
Earning My Ears

First time cruiser here and seeing that number 1500-2000 just scared me. I wasn't planning on spending that much after already paying thousands to cruise... Is this an average amount to spend onboard? What are we paying for with that money? Drinks excursions?? What else?

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
PWammy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsmom328 View Post
First time cruiser here and seeing that number 1500-2000 just scared me. I wasn't planning on spending that much after already paying thousands to cruise... Is this an average amount to spend onboard? What are we paying for with that money? Drinks excursions?? What else?

Thanks!
The only time I've spent that much on any cruise was for a 10 night, but it depends on how you like to spend money and how many people have charge privileges tied to one account. If you like to drink, shop, etc. it can add up.
PWammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #11
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
I am not completely sure, but I think that WBTA cruise is like 10-14 days so yes I could see where you could spend that much - it also has a lot of ports so with a lot of excursions that could get expensive. We had two ports on our six day cruise - did one excursion (around $200 for three of us), I paid for three of us to eat at Palo ($90.00 with tip), a little over $200 in tips, some drinks of the day, some things from the gift shops, and some popcorn etc at the shows and I spent a little over $800. It really does depend on what you want to spend.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #12
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks!
I agree with the posters who say that this is within your control. You don't have to spend a dime unless you want to. Of course, like the PP said, little things like tips and souvenirs add up.

I anticipate we will spend about $1,500 and have planned for that as we have budgeted for our trip. A huge chunk of that will be excursions because, from what I have read, it is hard to do Alaska without excursions. There are also just a couple we really want to do. I have cruised to other destinations though, on other cruise lines, and have never done a single excursion.

I really like the suggestions of clearing your tab each day and carrying singles for tips. I will probably use those, along with pre-loading our tab and pre-paying for gratuities. Nothing would suck more than facing a giant bill at the end that you didn't expect or plan for.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
ScottFamily2005
Mouseketeer

Just to share, here is our "rough" budget for our 7 night Alaska:

Gratuities...............$ 250
Excursions..............$ 800
Spa........................$ 240
Palo.......................$ 100
Booze.....................$ 100

So that is in the neighborhood of $1,500 without considering other incidentals that might come up.

If we did nothing on the list but drink for seven days, that drops to $350. Of course, if we don't do the excursions or spa, the booze budget would go up.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #14
Brixton
Farms and Kids and Snow - Oh My!

We asked DCL to put our "dummy cruise" deposit toward shipboard credit for the 2013 WBPC. I'd like to think $1100 will cover our bill, but I anticipate adding another $500 in port excursions. We also bring lots of ones & fives for "little tips" around the ship, porters, and guides.

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #15
lorenni
DIS Veteran

I've not spent more than a few hundred dollars onboard. A large group doing excursions in every port, however, could easily spend 1500-2000.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: