Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
LeahA
DIS Veteran
 
LeahA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 2,359

Paradiso 37?

We always eat at Earl of Sandwich when we go to DD, but on our last trip we passed Paradiso 37 and I was wondering how the food is? The menu looks so big that I get nervous thinking with such a big menu is anything good?
__________________
PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-KIDANI VILLAGE X2
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-JAMBO HOUSE
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native
 
jwfla422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: South FL (Coconut Creek to be exact)
Posts: 6,335

We really like Paradiso, I love their Jicama salad with the shrimp-it is delish and I have a tough time ordering anything else when we go there. My dh has had the steak and the salmon and it was very good as well (of course I had a taste). Dd is hooked on their quesidillas:-) We also enjoy their dipping trio. (...and I L O V E their margaritas!;-) Feel free to check out my review with photos:

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/p...-37-dining.htm
__________________
Check out our yummy photos and reviews from our Disney trips @ www.disneydiningreviews.com
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
LeahA
DIS Veteran
 
LeahA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 2,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
We really like Paradiso, I love their Jicama salad with the shrimp-it is delish and I have a tough time ordering anything else when we go there. My dh has had the steak and the salmon and it was very good as well (of course I had a taste). Dd is hooked on their quesidillas:-) We also enjoy their dipping trio. (...and I L O V E their margaritas!;-) Feel free to check out my review with photos:

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/p...-37-dining.htm
Thanks for your review!
__________________
PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-KIDANI VILLAGE X2
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-JAMBO HOUSE
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.
 
TheRustyScupper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
Posts: 20,098

Our Ratings of Paradiso 37: (rev 2/17/2013)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: D
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: D
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n /a

NOTE: A major disappointment for an E-Brand chain
restaurant.Had great hopes, but the eatery does not
seem to improve. In fact, over the last year, seems to
have retreated. Additionally, the eatery is always much
too loud. Lunch was adequate; dinner seriously lacking.
__________________
Volunteerism: Give-Kids-The-World Coordinator, SCORE.org, Kiwanis, Make-A-Wish Board Member.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
LeahA
DIS Veteran
 
LeahA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 2,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
Our Ratings of Paradiso 37: (rev 2/17/2013)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: D
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: D
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n /a

NOTE: A major disappointment for an E-Brand chain
restaurant.Had great hopes, but the eatery does not
seem to improve. In fact, over the last year, seems to
have retreated. Additionally, the eatery is always much
too loud. Lunch was adequate; dinner seriously lacking.

The Rusty Scupper-do you have a list of all your reviews somewhere? I would love to look at your ratings. What are your top picks for Disney?
__________________
PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-KIDANI VILLAGE X2
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-JAMBO HOUSE
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
chicklet2
Mouseketeer
 
chicklet2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 81

We tried Paradiso for first time and were not impressed. The look and ambience lured us in but the food just didn't meet up to par.

If your looking for something different to try p, how about Wolfgang Puck.Never had a bad meal there, we always enjoy it.
chicklet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #7
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native
 
jwfla422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: South FL (Coconut Creek to be exact)
Posts: 6,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicklet2 View Post
We tried Paradiso for first time and were not impressed. The look and ambience lured us in but the food just didn't meet up to par.

If your looking for something different to try p, how about Wolfgang Puck.Never had a bad meal there, we always enjoy it.
WPC was one of our favorites some years back BUT it was so bad last time we went, we haven't wanted to go back since...service was so bad the last time we were there that the table next to us who sat AFTER we did got up and walked out....we were dumb enough to stick it out, I don't even remember how the food was we were so irritated (and dumb for not leaving ) and we had several excellent meals (as well as excellent service here prior to that), but after that found Paradiso and it replaced WPC to be our DTD fav...)...
__________________
Check out our yummy photos and reviews from our Disney trips @ www.disneydiningreviews.com
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #8
Ro Z
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Salisbury, MA
Posts: 2,551

We like Paradiso. One thing we would change is we could get a steak w/o having to order the prix fix meal. DS loves the steak but doesnt want the other courses! There is a ton of choices on the menu but we have liked everything we have ordered. This is one of our fav places especially for apps and drinks!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #9
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

 
parkhopping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 1 hour away from the magic :)
Posts: 1,440

I went there for my birthday dinner 2 years ago. I thought the food was good, but nothing to write home about. I made the reservation based solely on the fact that the pricing and menu would appeal to everyone in our group (7 people). What I didn't know was how LOUD the restaurant is. They have live music and they really crank up the volume on the speakers. This might have been OK if I had been dining with just one or two other people, but there was no way our table could have any kind of conversation. It was a bit of a disappointment. If you are into live music and don't mind the noise, it's probably great. Otherwise, I'd steer clear.
__________________


MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:34 AM   #10
MN Disneyfan
Mouseketeer
 
MN Disneyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 192

We went to Paradiso 37 last fall. I liked the atmosphere, but we didn't care for the food and would never go back.
__________________
2014-Beach Club in August
2013-Beach Club
2013-Disneyland
2012-Beach Club
2011-Boardwalk
2010-Beach Club
2009-Beach Club
2008-Carribean Beach
2006-Offsite
2002-Yacht Club
1991-Offsite

Love them, hug them and take them to Disney!
MN Disneyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #11
Happy99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
WPC was one of our favorites some years back BUT it was so bad last time we went, we haven't wanted to go back since...service was so bad the last time we were there that the table next to us who sat AFTER we did got up and walked out....we were dumb enough to stick it out, I don't even remember how the food was we were so irritated (and dumb for not leaving ) and we had several excellent meals (as well as excellent service here prior to that), but after that found Paradiso and it replaced WPC to be our DTD fav...)...
I agree WPC was our always must do for 10 years. Last year we were not happy with the service, new menu or food
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #12
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran
 
Elleshoodat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SW FL
Posts: 965

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahA View Post
We always eat at Earl of Sandwich when we go to DD, but on our last trip we passed Paradiso 37 and I was wondering how the food is? The menu looks so big that I get nervous thinking with such a big menu is anything good?
We really enjoy Paradiso ... but we also like Bongos, which doesn't get great reviews here, and I don't think EoS is anything special yet most seem to love it.

DH and I like pretty much anything Mexican/Cuban/Spanish. If you like that cuisine, too, I would give it a try.
__________________
Elleshoodat * DH * DS * DS

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #13
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
We really enjoy Paradiso ... but we also like Bongos, which doesn't get great reviews here, and I don't think EoS is anything special yet most seem to love it.

DH and I like pretty much anything Mexican/Cuban/Spanish. If you like that cuisine, too, I would give it a try.
I agree! We ate there for lunch last Feb (2012) on the DxDDP with my 3 1/2 y/o grandson. He got a child's plate that had several mini corn dogs, plus a hot dog, mac and cheese and french fries. He didn't eat it all of course, but made big dent in it. In fact, it and T Rex were his two favorite meals. My husband got some really good guacamole and pork chop lollipops that he loved and I got some kind of seafood fritters, then the surf and turf with steak and shrimp. None of us cleaned our plates, but were still stuffed (and my husband and I are both big eaters). We still ordered the ice cream cones for dessert though.

Last edited by aubriee; 04-04-2013 at 07:01 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #14
Cinderumbrella
Wench
 
Cinderumbrella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!
Posts: 10,302

We go, but just for appetizers and a cocktail. Its decent but expensive for what you get (even with TiW). I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here but if you have the time and are wandering by, then go for it.
__________________
Next Trip ~ Grand Wailea Maui ~ November 2014
Yacht Club November 2013~ Pop Century~September 2013~Port Orleans Riverside Royal & Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2013~Pop Century August 2012~
Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2012~Beach Club Stone Harbor Club November 2011~Yacht Club Regatta Club June 2011~Boardwalk Innkeepers Club November 2010~
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #15
tmullane
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 19

With so many individuals on the board, there is no way you should take on any opinions, instead create your own. Some will claim to love it. Some will claim to hate it. To some service stinks. To some it's great. My girlfriend and I try different restaurants every year we go. That's the only way to know for sure. Give Everything A Shot!! :-)
tmullane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.