Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
excitedfamof4
Mouseketeer

5 day park hopper? or not?

Hello all!
We are going to Disney World the end of April and staying at Bonnet Creek for 5days/6nights. We plan on visiting only the Disney Parks, nothing offsite. I have heard mixed things from friends about purchasing the Park Hopper options. Part of me wants to go ahead and spend the extra money so we have the option to park hop...then I also wonder if one day per park is enough. We have two princess loving daughters so I feel like we will want to spend more time at Magic Kingdom, so I wonder if we want to do Epcot early in the day...then head to Magic Kingdom at night....it would be nice to have that option.

If we didn't do the park hopper I would think our schedule would be like this
Day 1 - Magic Kingdom
Day 2 - Epcot
Day 3 - Animal Kingdom
Day 4 - Hollywood Studios
Day 5 - Magic Kingdom

For those that didn't get the park hopper, do you wish you did so you could go back to your favorite place more? I just want to make sure we have enough time to do all we want, especially at Magic Kingdom.

Thank you for any suggestions you can give!
excitedfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

You can always add the option to park hop after you get there. So, if you purchased your tix from someone like undercover tourist make sure you use the first time before adding the hopping option to lock in price. If you are unsure, then I would wait. It's very simple and easy to do.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
mickeygirl14
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
You can always add the option to park hop after you get there. So, if you purchased your tix from someone like undercover tourist make sure you use the first time before adding the hopping option to lock in price. If you are unsure, then I would wait. It's very simple and easy to do.
But IIRC, remember that when you add the PH option, you'll add it to the entire ticket. So if you do decide to do it, do it early so you can take advantage of it throughout your trip.

'84: Offsite '94: Offsite '96: ASMu Disneymoon Aug '00: POFQ Sept '07: FW-Cabins Sept '10: POR
Feb '11: Made it to WWOHP Sept '11: CR June '12: Swan Surprise Trip Oct '12: Marriott June '13: BC Oct '13: Hilton
June '14: Hilton Oct '14: Hilton

My first WWOHP Visit Report - Did I mention there was FREE butterbeer?

A Host of HOKIES Heads Back to the World! - Sept 2011 PTR.
mickeygirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
mickeygirl14
Mouseketeer

Check out Cheshire Figment's sticky on the Theme Park boards...it will answer ALL of your ticket questions.

'84: Offsite '94: Offsite '96: ASMu Disneymoon Aug '00: POFQ Sept '07: FW-Cabins Sept '10: POR
Feb '11: Made it to WWOHP Sept '11: CR June '12: Swan Surprise Trip Oct '12: Marriott June '13: BC Oct '13: Hilton

Old 04-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #5
alc571
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeygirl14 View Post
But IIRC, remember that when you add the PH option, you'll add it to the entire ticket. So if you do decide to do it, do it early so you can take advantage of it throughout your trip.
Yes... beware of this! We opted not to get PH's last trip, and it wasn't until the last day when our son wanted to go to MK after having gone to EP. There was some confusion due to one of the CM's at our resort telling us we could add an extra day to go to MK and not have to buy the PH. They refused us entry in to MK, and so we were faced with paying $180 on the last night of our trip for 4-hours at MK, or leave the park with our son crying his eyes out.

We've bought the PHs for this trip. Even if we only hop once, at least we'll have the option for the entire trip! Besides, AK and HS are only half-day parks for us, so it will be nice to spend the evenings somewhere else. Also, we learned that we love going to a park in the evening. It's like a whole different place at night. Also, crowds seem to get lighter and lighter, and you can walk on a lot of rides when the parades/fireworks are going on.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
I would wait also....easy enough to add the park hop to the tix.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
excitedfamof4
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all of your replies!

Our daughters are 9 and 6, so they will be able to hang pretty good all day. We won't have to lug around strollers or worry about naps, etc.. which will make it a little easier getting around.

I like the idea of adding the park hopper once we get there!! Thank you for the suggestion! Do you do it at the Disney gate, or how would you do it? Like a PP said, so you have to use day 1 then add the Park Hopper?
We do plan on purchasing tickets from undercover tourist too.

Last edited by excitedfamof4; 04-03-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: edit
excitedfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
mickeygirl14
Mouseketeer

I think I'm in the minority here, but we always do PHs. I do plan and try to plan our meals for the park or resort we'll be in/near each day, but I like the flexibility of being able to walk around World Showcase in the evenings, or head over to MK late one night for Wishes. It's a lot of money for that flexibility, but it just works better for our family.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Agree....see if you want to hop after you get there...

How old are your daughters? You may find that they would prefer to go back to the resort for a swim. If you have strollers and really little ones, they may be out of energy or it may not be worth the hassle. Wait and see!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
moret1sm
safari_girl

Softballmom---- can you elaborate. I'm buying my tickets through undercover tourist for my Dec trip, and am in the same situation--- don't know whether to park hop or do a 5 day base--- so you can add on after but have to use the ticket first? This is where I'm confused. Does undercover tourist upgrade your ticket or Disney. I'm totally unfamiliar.
moret1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #11
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moret1sm View Post
Softballmom---- can you elaborate. I'm buying my tickets through undercover tourist for my Dec trip, and am in the same situation--- don't know whether to park hop or do a 5 day base--- so you can add on after but have to use the ticket first? This is where I'm confused. Does undercover tourist upgrade your ticket or Disney. I'm totally unfamiliar.
I'm not softballmom, but can answer your question. We always buy our tickets through UCT. You just have to make sure all of the tickets have gone throught the turnstile once before you try to upgrade. Then, if you decide you want to add park hopping, go to guest services and ask to upgrade them. I think it's like $52 or around that amount to get park hopping added. That is per ticket, not per day (like my silly sister thought). Also, the amount is not pro-rated for the number of days. So, as another poster noted, it is a better value if you add park hopping at the start of your trip (and use it for more days) than to add it at the end and potentially just use it one day.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

We love to park hop. We will start out at one park, go back to the resort for a bit in the afternoon to swim/rest and then head to a different park in the evening for dinner.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #13
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moret1sm View Post
Sorry for not answering quicker but I see it was already done by another PP and they are correct in how it's done. Very simple to do at guest services at the parks .

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #14
moret1sm
safari_girl

(In the past we have always park hopped, but with really young kids, we won't be touring very aggressively, we plan to really make it a out the kids- no real thrills for this trip)
Old 04-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #15
moret1sm
safari_girl

Thanks Sandi, that makes sense now. I guess I didn't realize the price was the same regardless of the number of days I have left on the ticket or that an upgrade was even possible. Does that mean you could also add waterparks and more too then?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: