Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
outahere
 
outahere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: An hour from WDW
Posts: 5,317

Anyone ever done this?

If I make a future reservation now, can I get the bounceback offer applied to that reservation once we're there?

We are going in June (staying at OKW) and will be back down in Florida in mid-August to take DS to college in Melbourne. DW and I may go over to WDW for a couple of nights after we drop him off (first vacation time without DS in a very long time). The dates we would be there are not in the current discount offer, so I would have to book rack rate, but the dates are part of the current bounceback offer.

I don't recall seeing this question before, so I apologize if I missed it.

Thanks.
__________________

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
If I make a future reservation now, can I get the bounceback offer applied to that reservation once we're there?

We are going in June (staying at OKW) and will be back down in Florida in mid-August to take DS to college in Melbourne. DW and I may go over to WDW for a couple of nights after we drop him off (first vacation time without DS in a very long time). The dates we would be there are not in the current discount offer, so I would have to book rack rate, but the dates are part of the current bounceback offer.

I don't recall seeing this question before, so I apologize if I missed it.

Thanks.
I don't see why they couldn't apply the BB discount to an existing reservation, but I don't know for sure if they can/will. If you are going regardless of a discount, I would book now to get the resort you want. But if you would only book now "in hopes" of getting the discount applied later, I would wait to book. There must be availability at the resort you want/have booked in order to take advantage of a discount as having a reservation already in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied. Also, if you book now and the BB can't be applied to your reservation but your resort is available under the BB offer, you could always book the BB and cancel the other reservation. Good luck.
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.
 
sharadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Limerick, PA
Posts: 6,419

It is highly unlikely that there won't be availability under the bounceback at OKW or SSR. You probably don't need to do anything until you go on your trip. It's possible that you would have to cancel and rebook for the bounceback depending on if you book a room only or package, too.

If you're going twice in one year, you may want to get an annual pass, which also gives you another option for discounts.
__________________
DH (Mike) & Me (Sharon) DS Shawn (19,ASD) DD Lauren (13) Daisy



Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
outahere
 
outahere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: An hour from WDW
Posts: 5,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Also, if you book now and the BB can't be applied to your reservation but your resort is available under the BB offer, you could always book the BB and cancel the other reservation. Good luck.
I was thinking long those lines as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
It is highly unlikely that there won't be availability under the bounceback at OKW or SSR. You probably don't need to do anything until you go on your trip. It's possible that you would have to cancel and rebook for the bounceback depending on if you book a room only or package, too.

If you're going twice in one year, you may want to get an annual pass, which also gives you another option for discounts.
We would probably book a bounceback, room only, at the YC, which does tend to fill up a little more quickly than some of the DVC resorts. We are already annual passholders, but they have not yet put out any AP discounts for our dates.
__________________

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.