Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Tpiejg
Mouseketeer

Via napoli question

I read such great reviews about Via Napoli, but i have never been because I always think its just pizza. I know I must be wrong or missing something. What am I missing? Why does everyone love their pizza so much?
Tpiejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

It seems pretty authentic to Italy, and there are other things to eat there, too.
Click above on the "dining" and then "menus" to see what else. For us, it was nice to get good pizza, that was enough.
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

It's very good pizza...and this is coming from a native New Yorker (Long Island specifically). It's not NY pizza though. It really is authentic Naples style pizza.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
DVCismyhappyplace
Mouseketeer

hmmm....I've eaten there no less than 6 times and have never even had the pizza!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
wdw&sonny
DIS Veteran

For us, it was because it was very good pizza...wood fire grilled, thin crust and very tasty for a park restaurant.

After many meals of similar American menus of steak and seafood, it was a welcome change.

We try to vary our meals during the week so we are not saturated by eating out every meal...try to mix it up with steak, seafood, Italian, Chinese, burger, Mexican...

Also, 4 of us shared a pizza and salad and it was much more affordable than many other restaurants.
wdw&sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
Tpiejg
Mouseketeer

Smile

Thanks for your opinions. I guess the best thing to do is try it for ourselves and see. It must be good or you wouldnt see so many positive reviews.
Tpiejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I have no idea why people like their pizza. DH, who spent time in Italy, even said it didn't taste like what he had in Italy. And I just flat out disliked it. Had 2 or 3 small bites (I have a tricky palate and needed to be sure it wasn't just a one-bite problem) and put it down, ate nothing else. Sadly the server didn't ask any questions at all, even after I told her I thought it was bad. Most telling, my son, who is a pizza (of all kinds) FIEND, had only one piece. We don't plan on a re-do.

Also it's incredibly loud, which is really overwhelming to the border of painful for me.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
panixx
Dis Dad Member #642

The Candela pasta is very good as well
panixx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

As a pp mentioned, you can get more than pizza but their pizza is very, very good!!! Via Napoli is a must do on every trip!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I also like their pizza because it's thin crust and light on the sauce. I generally do like pizza and VN's is among my favorites. In addition, the calamari and arancini are really good appetizer choices. The seafood pasta is also really good. However, my favorite is the "Ugly but Good" ice cream sundae.

I also like the light and airy feeling of the restaurant. It's fun to watch the pizza cook in the wood-fired ovens. It has a high ceiling, so it can be loud, but it's never a problem for my family to have a conversation while eating there.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #11
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii
I also like their pizza because it's thin crust and light on the sauce. I generally do like pizza and VN's is among my favorites. In addition, the calamari and arancini are really good appetizer choices. The seafood pasta is also really good. However, my favorite is the "Ugly but Good" ice cream sundae.

I also like the light and airy feeling of the restaurant. It's fun to watch the pizza cook in the wood-fired ovens. It has a high ceiling, so it can be loud, but it's never a problem for my family to have a conversation while eating there.
I'm happy to see the good reviews of the pizza. I booked for June and it'll be our first time there. I was planning on ordering pizza.

kirkaliciasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCismyhappyplace
hmmm....I've eaten there no less than 6 times and have never even had the pizza!
How is that even possible? 6 times and no pizza? Next time, try the pizza. I promise you will love it.

Via pizza is simply TO DIE FOR. Very tasty. We had the four cheese and the pepperoni and love both, A LOT.

The atmosphere is gorgeous btw.
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #13
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

My husband thinks the Prosciutto e Melone pizza - (fontina, mozzarella, prosciutto, cantelope) was the single best thing he ate on our last trip.
I adore the Linguini Frutti di Mare -( shrimp, clams, mussels, and squid tossed in marinara piccante).
Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #14
stormer
DIS Veteran

The 4 cheese pizza is the best!
October 1994 Port Orleans / October 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / October 1999 Off site / October 2004 Contemporary Resort / October 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / August 2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ October 2008 Old Key West / February 2009 Polynesian Resort / August 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / August 2010 Bay Lake Tower / February 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / August 2011 Boardwalk Villas / August 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2013 Coronado Springs / August 2013 Boardwalk Villas / February 2014 Coronado Springs
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #15
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
My husband thinks the Prosciutto e Melone pizza - (fontina, mozzarella, prosciutto, cantelope) was the single best thing he ate on our last trip.
I agree with your dh on that pizza, never thought in a million years I'd like something like that - it was a m a z i n g!!

I have been trying to even "semi" duplicate this pizza since I've been home LOL! It's a hint of it but nothing like the real thing!! Feel free to read my full review with photos as this has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW and probably my favorite pizza ANYWHERE!

Our Delicious Via Napoli Experience

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: