Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
disney david
DIS Veteran

If this was any other company they wouldn't settle but since Disney dose not want to look like the bad guy they decided to settle with him with his past of law suits I am sure he will come up with another one one the money runs out.

.http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/26...ide-for-hours/

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
If this was any other company they wouldn't settle but since Disney dose not want to look like the bad guy they decided to settle with him with his past of law suits I am sure he will come up with another one one the money runs out.

.http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/26...ide-for-hours/
This wasn't a settlement. Disney tried this case last week and the judge issued a decision yesterday. I hadn't been able to find out what happened other than that the judge ruled for Disney on some claims, including the claim that Disney violated the ADA in not evacuating him, and for Martinez on the other.

What was left was a simple negligence claim and (I think) a "signage" claim over where Disney must post signs to accessible bathrooms.

I figured the plaintiff's lawyer would run out and call the newspaper. Thanks David for the story link. The story is inaccurate in at least one respect. Martinez visited in late November when holiday music would have been playing.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post

This wasn't a settlement. Disney tried this case last week and the judge issued a decision yesterday. I hadn't been able to find out what happened other than that the judge ruled for Disney on some claims, including the claim that Disney violated the ADA in not evacuating him, and for Martinez on the other.

What was left was a simple negligence claim and (I think) a "signage" claim over where Disney must post signs to accessible bathrooms.

I figured the plaintiff's lawyer would run out and call the newspaper. Thanks David for the story link. The story is inaccurate in at least one respect. Martinez visited in late November when holiday music would have been playing.
I knew i should leave it to you to handle these stories since you explain it better then Could ever do after his legal fees wonder how much he get it funny he sues for being stuck I the ride And Disney gets trouble for bathrooms.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Quote:

This is ridiculous, stupid, and annoying.

This ADA violation crap has to stop!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
We go to WDW all the time so I don't have any DL reference point, but at WDW all the bathrooms are accessible. Is that not the case at DL? Do they mean companion bathrooms?
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #6
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
We go to WDW all the time so I don't have any DL reference point, but at WDW all the bathrooms are accessible. Is that not the case at DL? Do they mean companion bathrooms?
DL is grandfathered on many ADA issues because of when most of the park was built.

k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #7
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

I like the way the headline says:
Disabled man gets $8,000 after being stuck on Disney's 'Small World' ride for hours

But, the text of the article says:
An attorney says a disabled man was awarded $8,000 by Disneyland after the "It's A Small World" ride broke down, stranding him for a half hour while the theme song played continuously.

Nothing like an accurate headline!

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #8
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
DL is grandfathered on many ADA issues because of when most of the park was built.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: