Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
starousse
DIS Veteran

BC Water/Lagoon View Worth extra $$?

Hi,

We're staying at the BC in May for our first time. I'm currently booked in a Garden View room and thinking of possibly upgrading to a water view. For those who have stayed here, or in both rooms, is the extra cost worth it to you? We stayed at the WL a year and half ago and had a courtyard/pool view and it was great. Even though we are usually in the parks all day long, it was nice coming back to the room at night and relaxing on the balcony before bed. Thanks.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

Haven't done it at BC (we went with garden the one time we stayed there), but at BW and YC I always pay for lake views. It really is stunning at night, and definitely worth it to me to pay for it.
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
heycher
Mouseketeer

One thing to consider at Beach Club is that (unlike Yacht Club), NOT all rooms have balconies --- many just have a little standing balcony, not relaxing material.
heycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycher View Post
One thing to consider at Beach Club is that (unlike Yacht Club), NOT all rooms have balconies --- many just have a little standing balcony, not relaxing material.
We chose YC for the balcony/patio with a waterview. We ended up with a patio with a fantastic view of the BW at night and could see the high Illumination fireworks. It was a great view and well worth the extra money.

BC rooms have juliette balconies(standing only), no balcony or a full balcony. For us the chance of having a juliette or no balcony/patio was a deal breaker. We loved the YC and would choose it over BC again.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Hard to say. It depends on how much it costs and how much time you think you would spend looking out at the lake. Our last 2 trips to BC and YC, we did have beautiful CL lake views (and we loved sitting on the balconies) looking over towards the BWI, but I booked them because all of the GV rooms were taken and we didn't want to look out over the parking lot. GV rooms are quite nice, though.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
starousse
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your responses. Most importantly, I've put in a request for a full balcony. I think I'll wait till I get there and ask what it would cost to upgrade to a waterview room (only if it has a full balcony). If it's $200, I'd do it, anything more I'm not sure.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Hi,

We're staying at the BC in May for our first time. I'm currently booked in a Garden View room and thinking of possibly upgrading to a water view. For those who have stayed here, or in both rooms, is the extra cost worth it to you? We stayed at the WL a year and half ago and had a courtyard/pool view and it was great. Even though we are usually in the parks all day long, it was nice coming back to the room at night and relaxing on the balcony before bed. Thanks.
We have stayed at BC or BCV many times. We always book standard or garden and have gotten free upgrades to lagoon view about 35% of the time. I would not pay for a lagoon view because we don't sit in the room looking at the view. I'd rather spend my $500 on some nice dinners.

Besides, with the BC there is no guarantee that you would have a balcony to sit on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
I think I'll wait till I get there and ask what it would cost to upgrade to a waterview room (only if it has a full balcony). If it's $200, I'd do it, anything more I'm not sure.
The price difference between garden and lagoon views will probably run at least $76 per day.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: