Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
casanova5
Mouseketeer

magic kinhdom at phase three again today

Wow amazeing
Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
mm1971
DIS Veteran

From the reports I saw and a posting on face book from some CM's it is expected to hit closures all week. I guess they determined it will be really packed based on room occupancy. While I love being at Disney, I'm glad we are not there now.

Thanks for the report.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
scooffer
Mouseketeer

WOW! I am so nervous about next year's Spring Break Family Reunion! I have tried to discourage my mom for booking it this week before Easter, but I cannot. Not only is it the week before Easter and the regular Spring Breakers... but schools that only do April vacations, regardless of the Easter holiday will be out too (which is us). So, 2014 will be miserably packed!

So, can someone tell me about the Phase closings, we will be off-site, so we would be out at Phase 1. When do they make these decisions? Before or after Rope Drop? As the parking lot fills?

April 2014 - Family Gathering Lake Buena Vista Village and Spa 7 adults 5 kids
April 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2012 - Port Of Orleans French Quarter (perfect in every way!)
May 2011 - Cypress Pointe Grande Villas (loved it!)
scooffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
sassie_kat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooffer View Post
WOW! I am so nervous about next year's Spring Break Family Reunion! I have tried to discourage my mom for booking it this week before Easter, but I cannot. Not only is it the week before Easter and the regular Spring Breakers... but schools that only do April vacations, regardless of the Easter holiday will be out too (which is us). So, 2014 will be miserably packed!

So, can someone tell me about the Phase closings, we will be off-site, so we would be out at Phase 1. When do they make these decisions? Before or after Rope Drop? As the parking lot fills?
I don't think you'll be out at Phase 1 as long as everybody in your car has a valid, multi-day ticket. I'd plan on getting there as early as you can though so it doesn't go to Phase 2 before you get there.
sassie_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Its based on how many people go through the turnstiles.

Just get there early and don't leave and you will OK. Well OK as in the park, not OK as in shoulder to shoulder people and 30 minute lines for the bathrooms.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any pics or links to someone with pics?
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
Sandy Fisher
DIS Veteran

As much as I love Disney and our experiences in the various parks, we NEVER and I do mean NEVER went to any of the parks during the highest level crowds of spring break.
Just didn't enjoy that packed in feeling. I know some people will say just go with the flow. It didn't flow!!
Sandy Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
cvjw
DIS Veteran

We happened into the MK when it had closed for capacity during the 1st week of January. All I can say is that we could not get out of that park fast enough. We were trying to get to Splash Mountain, but were trapped by the parade. I can't accurately describe how crowded it was, and how many people were there - it was insane. When the parade passed, we looked down the path by Frontierland, and there literally was a person in every square inch of the path. It was scary - I felt like I couldn't keep up with my boys, there were just simply too many people. We decided that we would never vacation during a really busy time again - it just wasn't worth it.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
sydneysmom
Always dreaming about Cpt Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Fisher View Post
As much as I love Disney and our experiences in the various parks, we NEVER and I do mean NEVER went to any of the parks during the highest level crowds of spring break.
Just didn't enjoy that packed in feeling. I know some people will say just go with the flow. It didn't flow!!
I completely agree....we went over July 4th years ago and the park closed so early. It was just THAT packed. You couldn't sit down in the HUB to watch fireworks because people were literally standing too close to you so you couldn't bend. It was the worst feeling ever. the ride times were all over an hour and it was people soup. never again.

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Not sure if anyone else answered this, but Easter is late next year, so you probably won't have college "spring break" kids to deal with. Of course, the Easter crowd will still be there.
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #11
SpecialK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJKMOM View Post
Not sure if anyone else answered this, but Easter is late next year, so you probably won't have college "spring break" kids to deal with. Of course, the Easter crowd will still be there.
So, is it this crowded because it's the last week of March, or because it's the week before Easter?

Our break is always the last week in March, and I thinking next year would not be as crowded because Easter is late. Now I'm not so sure!
SpecialK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
So, is it this crowded because it's the last week of March, or because it's the week before Easter?

Primarily because it's the week before Easter.

Last week of March next year should be a whole different story.

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
g-dad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post

Our break is always the last week in March, and I thinking next year would not be as crowded because Easter is late. Now I'm not so sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
Primarily because it's the week before Easter.

Last week of March next year should be a whole different story.
Yes since Easter moves around the calendar, if its early like this year you get the perfect storm of Spring Break and Easter. If Easter is later, it just kind of extends the Spring Break Season not add to it.

Around here most K-12 schools seem to center their Spring Break around Easter either before of after. My sons' spring break at the Univ. of Pittsburgh was the second week of March, Penn State's, my niece, was the week before and they are always these weeks.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #14
Vincent405
Mouseketeer

similar situation

Quote:

Unless I can convince my wife to take my dd out of school, we are looking at the week before Easter, 2014. Anyone have any further thoughts on this? Is it possible that the madness be more spread out next year? Not sure if we will go if it's this crazy. We'd do RD for the most part, but still not sure I'd want to be there if the crowds were like this. The other time we went was a few weeks before Xmas and crowds were great, but that was before school was an issue. I won't go in summer.
Vincent405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #15
tmbacon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent405 View Post
Unless I can convince my wife to take my dd out of school, we are looking at the week before Easter, 2014. Anyone have any further thoughts on this? Is it possible that the madness be more spread out next year? Not sure if we will go if it's this crazy. We'd do RD for the most part, but still not sure I'd want to be there if the crowds were like this. The other time we went was a few weeks before Xmas and crowds were great, but that was before school was an issue. I won't go in summer.
I had asked a similar question on here, didn't really get consistent feedback. My (optimistic) view is that it could be *slightly* better next year, for example perhaps college Spring Breaks would have already been done.

We'll be there next week for a few days after a cruise, meeting friends who are DVC and who go to WDW every Easter and every Halloween. Honestly, I don't know how they handle the crowds. But then again, they have the luxury of going twice a year, and if they can't get to something on one trip, they know they can hit it next time they're at WDW.
Disney resorts: Animal Kingdom, Grand Floridian, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Port Orleans French Quarter (twice), Pop Century, Coronado Springs, Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, and a few off-site hotels too.
Did our FIRST Disney Cruise Spring Break 2010.

tmbacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: